alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

chumichan

Thank you! Now I have to find out what color the tsuba is. I'm thinking it's a gold/bronze color like the rest of the handle?
& I don't think I'll make a sheath haha P:

Ah, I remember seeing a cardboard sword tutorial before; I'll go check it out :)

Oh, and I was thinking about this; do you have to get weapon props peace bonded..?
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Charis

Quote from: chumichan on November 19, 2008, 07:43:47 PM
Thank you! Now I have to find out what color the tsuba is. I'm thinking it's a gold/bronze color like the rest of the handle?

Kubo seems to do most of the shinigami's tsuba in the same golden shade, so that's probably a safe bet.

(And yep, peacebonding is standard.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

chumichan

Even cardboard 'weapons' have to be peace bonded? So then how do you get your props peace bonded? O:
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Charis

They haven't released the weapons policy for next year, but my general understanding is that if it's a weaponlike prop, you have to take it to -- SOS, I think it is for Fanime? -- to get it checked out.  Could be mistaken, as I don't have a copy of last year's on hand.  The "peace bonding" that I've seen done for something like that is often more of just a zip tie somewhere on it instead of zip tying it into the scabbard -- an acknowledgment that it's safe and you've agreed not to do stupid things with it.  :3
But either way, no definite answers until the weapons/prop policies come out.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

kimu

Yes, they usually have con ops booths set up. And you take your stuff there as soon as you hit the con floor with your weapons.
Also...long before the con they will post the official rules, read them and be prepared to follow them. It's good you're considering wood rather than metal. And Featherweight's tutorial for cardboard katana rocks, too.
They will inspect them to be sure they are acceptable to the rules, and add a 'peace tie' or those plastic things to prove you were approved.

Have fun making your sword prop!

ToshiX

AOI @_@
technically all props  needs them
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

billgoku

Yeah, any kind of item that could be seen as a weapon from far off, needs to be checked in. I'm going to have a wooden bankai sword, and it'll need to be piece bonded.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Yuu

Quote from: billgoku on November 20, 2008, 07:06:21 AM
Yeah, any kind of item that could be seen as a weapon from far off, needs to be checked in. I'm going to have a wooden bankai sword, and it'll need to be piece bonded.

This year I had a boken with me.

Thursday night, in line I was 'harassed' by this security bitch ( she obviously could not wait to enforce her 'authoritah' on someone)  she walked up to me and said' you can't have that here'

I told her " I will get it peace bonded first thing  tomorrow"

She  continued to be all bitchy  " No that IS a weapon and can't have it here period. Go put it in your hotel room"

I told her that people who don't know the rules have no business enforcing them and went to the piece-bonding room. They had no problems with it.

In my experience most people at Fanime are pretty awesome, but there are always those with Napolean complexes will LOOK for reasons to bitch at you. it best not to give them any.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

billgoku

Well last year, their staff had major problems with similar things. I even filled a complaint against a rover. When I checked my stuff in, he was very very rude, damaged my Vash gun and wasn't even sorry about it, only said it was a piece of crap. Now, far as I know I was told people like him wouldn't be there again this coming year, so hopefully they interview their staff better.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

fragiledreamer

Ooh I'll be attempting Hitzugaya Toshiro this time around... ^__^
Fanime 2009
Shippuden Gaara - Returning
Kazekage Gaara - Returning
Elizabeth Swann - 100%
Lil' Gaara - 5%
Formal BW Ball Gaara - 50%
Hitsugaya Toshiro - uh... i have a sword?
Tasuki? - 20%

Yuu

Quote from: billgoku on November 20, 2008, 09:26:27 AM
Now, far as I know I was told people like him wouldn't be there again this coming year, so hopefully they interview their staff better.

That's a lie. I have been told the same thing by people at Sakura and Kumori con, and the truth is; they don't give a shit becuase the need the people.

While we are telling security horror stories.. I saw a HORRIBLE one at Kumoricon.

From across the park I heard soemoen screaming at the top of their longs " PUT IT AWAY!!..NOW!! I SAID NOW!"

It was at soemone who had a sword unsheethed. From what I could see, it WAS metal however, ( and I see this alot) it was in public domain.

Convention security has NO authorty in public space, furthermore, he was in his street clothes without even a badge so his authoritah IN con space would have been questionable.

Even so, it could be considered harrasment. If he truly felt there was a problem
( which he did not Just throwing his fasle wieght around) he should have called the real authorties.

it's enough to make me question going to some conventions.

ININ

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on November 13, 2008, 11:08:23 PM
anyways, just read the recent chapter.
wasn't expecting Hinamori to show up at all XD

Even though I way behind on the manga, I think Hinamori is sexy  ;D

clawmaster

Quote from: ININ on November 22, 2008, 03:05:36 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on November 13, 2008, 11:08:23 PM
anyways, just read the recent chapter.
wasn't expecting Hinamori to show up at all XD

Even though I way behind on the manga, I think Hinamori is sexy  ;D

your only saying that cuz in the ban wagon of that couple righttttt hitsugaya?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Yukari Kaiba

recent chapter of Bleach was pretty cool (I loved the color spread of Ukitake and Shunsui! ). thought it was pretty cool how Lilinette pulled her sword from the broken horn on her helm. the releases of Apache, Sun Sun, and Mila Rose were cool too.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

I loved that new color spread....enough that I was thinking--oh, that might be fun to set up that costume sometime next summer....(heavens knows I have enough on my cosplay plate for now!!)
:D

ToshiX

Man I seriously just want to see The Vizards show up XD
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

ryuyasha

haha kimu, I had the same thought. the Suits were nice xD Really looks like Uki and Shunsui will get around to Bankai eventually too, if theyre lucky!

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on November 22, 2008, 10:27:53 PM
I loved that new color spread....enough that I was thinking--oh, that might be fun to set up that costume sometime next summer....(heavens knows I have enough on my cosplay plate for now!!)

I stopped reading after Momo showed up. Stupid Momo. XP

Heh actually the only internet I can get a hold of is too retarded to load manga pages..
  MANGA PAGES!! That kind of fail makes Momo look useful!

Just last weel I was thinking // Kubo needs to take care of the characters he already has before adding new ones. He should make movies for the other characters, like Diamond Dust Rebellion.  Lo and behold!
This made me very, VERY happy..then I remembered that it is a Bleach a movie and that neither Byakuya  or Rukia will be the main characters, it will be Ichigo. Now I'm sad again. ;_;

ToshiX

Quote from: Yuu on November 23, 2008, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: kimu on November 22, 2008, 10:27:53 PM

I stopped reading after Momo showed up. Stupid Momo. XP

Heh actually the only internet I can get a hold of is too retarded to load manga pages..
  MANGA PAGES!! That kind of fail makes Momo look useful!

Just last weel I was thinking // Kubo needs to take care of the characters he already has before adding new ones. He should make movies for the other characters, like Diamond Dust Rebellion.  Lo and behold!
This made me very, VERY happy..then I remembered that it is a Bleach a movie and that neither Byakuya  or Rukia will be the main characters, it will be Ichigo. Now I'm sad again. ;_;

you do know the next movie will revolve around Rukia right...

and just wondering I was thinking about making a captains Haori for Ichigo base on all those fan arts
what number would he be XD
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yukari Kaiba

well, depending if we ever figure out what division Ichigo's dad was captain of, I'd make the haori the same number as Isshin's.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)