it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

billgoku

Quote from: Yuu on November 20, 2008, 12:04:05 PM
Quote from: billgoku on November 20, 2008, 09:26:27 AM
Now, far as I know I was told people like him wouldn't be there again this coming year, so hopefully they interview their staff better.

That's a lie. I have been told the same thing by people at Sakura and Kumori con, and the truth is; they don't give a shit becuase the need the people.

While we are telling security horror stories.. I saw a HORRIBLE one at Kumoricon.

From across the park I heard soemoen screaming at the top of their longs " PUT IT AWAY!!..NOW!! I SAID NOW!"

It was at soemone who had a sword unsheethed. From what I could see, it WAS metal however, ( and I see this alot) it was in public domain.

Convention security has NO authorty in public space, furthermore, he was in his street clothes without even a badge so his authoritah IN con space would have been questionable.

Even so, it could be considered harrasment. If he truly felt there was a problem
( which he did not Just throwing his fasle wieght around) he should have called the real authorties.

it's enough to make me question going to some conventions.

Never said I believed it, only hoped that they'd do a better job at such a thing. Now if I see the very same guy this coming year, I'll make a big fuss about it, because people like him should not be there. Heck, maybe I should join the staff, though i know it'll cut my fun time in half, which is why i go there, to get away from the hells of work and outside life. lol
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Yuu

Quote from: billgoku on November 24, 2008, 12:49:08 AM
Now, far as I know I was told people like him wouldn't be there again this coming year, so hopefully they interview their staff better.

That's a lie. I have been told the same thing by people at Sakura and Kumori con, and the truth is; they don't give a shit becuase the need the people.

While we are telling security horror stories.. I saw a HORRIBLE one at Kumoricon.

From across the park I heard soemoen screaming at the top of their longs " PUT IT AWAY!!..NOW!! I SAID NOW!"

It was at soemone who had a sword unsheethed. From what I could see, it WAS metal however, ( and I see this alot) it was in public domain.

Convention security has NO authorty in public space, furthermore, he was in his street clothes without even a badge so his authoritah IN con space would have been questionable.

Even so, it could be considered harrasment. If he truly felt there was a problem
( which he did not Just throwing his fasle wieght around) he should have called the real authorties.

Never said I believed it, only hoped that they'd do a better job at such a thing. Now if I see the very same guy this coming year, I'll make a big fuss about it, because people like him should not be there. Heck, maybe I should join the staff, though i know it'll cut my fun time in half, which is why i go there, to get away from the hells of work and outside life. lol

I can't say I excpect any differant from form an Ichi-fan boy. >P

But making a big fuss, wont help. Joining them, sure as hell wont help. Either way they'll just start treating you like shit and frame you for things you have nothing to do with. Belive me I KNOW.

The best thing to do is learn their own rules so you can throw it back at them. People like that are just bullies. If you challange them, 98% of the time, they'll bakc down.

On a more Bleach -related note; I finally saw Diamond dust Rebellion. It was prety damned amazing.
  Yea the Ichitard did do a couple incredibly obnoxious things (  he just wont stop with the ' Jeesus' act) but it was hardley enough to ruin the movie.
pic final battle was epic and he was only a small part of it. This makes me happy again.

However,  I can already see where Fade to black is going to go
Byakuya: "I'm sad. It was probably my fault"
Ichitard * gets on preachy soap box* Shuttup!  I totally have it worse cuz my mom died ( it ALWAYS  comes back to that doesn't it?) so you shouldn't be sad all alone. Let me be sad even though it isn't any of my business, because I am Jeesus Christ!"

Seriously, that seems to be the reacurring theme. Wont stoping me fro mseeing it..in a year when it comes out >_<

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

billgoku

Quote from: Yuu on November 24, 2008, 08:57:17 AM
Quote from: billgoku on November 24, 2008, 12:49:08 AM

I can't say I excpect any differant from form an Ichi-fan boy. >P

But making a big fuss, wont help. Joining them, sure as hell wont help. Either way they'll just start treating you like shit and frame you for things you have nothing to do with. Belive me I KNOW.

The best thing to do is learn their own rules so you can throw it back at them. People like that are just bullies. If you challange them, 98% of the time, they'll bakc down.

On a more Bleach -related note; I finally saw Diamond dust Rebellion. It was prety damned amazing.
  Yea the Ichitard did do a couple incredibly obnoxious things (  he just wont stop with the ' Jeesus' act) but it was hardley enough to ruin the movie.
pic final battle was epic and he was only a small part of it. This makes me happy again.

However,  I can already see where Fade to black is going to go
Byakuya: "I'm sad. It was probably my fault"
Ichitard * gets on preachy soap box* Shuttup!  I totally have it worse cuz my mom died ( it ALWAYS  comes back to that doesn't it?) so you shouldn't be sad all alone. Let me be sad even though it isn't any of my business, because I am Jeesus Christ!"

Seriously, that seems to be the reacurring theme. Wont stoping me fro mseeing it..in a year when it comes out >_<

I can play their game, that's what I really meant by the "fuss". I find it pointless to bitch and moan, gets you know where.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with me being an Ichigo fan. lol Cut me some slack here.  :D Really more of a Rukia fan anywhos.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Kanzake

*trolls*

billgoku, "know where" is ... well "nowhere". ^^
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Dragon Ninja

I ordered a Bleach calendar on eBay, and it just came today. Here's who's on it by month:

January-Ichigo
February-Rukia
March-Kurotsuchi
April-Byakuya
May-Renji
June-Soi Fon
July-Urahara
August-Yoruichi
September-Gin
October-Kenpachi
November-Aizen
December-Hitsugaya

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Yukari Kaiba

do you have any pictures of the calendar?
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

chumichan

Um, I finished my zanpakutou the other day. I think the blade looks weird, but I'm happy with it :B

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/neomarie94/IMG12_2.png
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Yuu

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on November 28, 2008, 10:24:50 PM
I ordered a Bleach calendar on eBay, and it just came today. Here's who's on it by month:

January-Ichigo
February-Rukia
March-Kurotsuchi
April-Byakuya
May-Renji
June-Soi Fon
July-Urahara
August-Yoruichi
September-Gin
October-Kenpachi
November-Aizen
December-Hitsugaya

Oh cool I want that one! I saw one at Kinokuniya, but it is very different. The style was good, but had VERY few characters.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

ToshiX

you could find it at FYE ^ ^
I picked mine up a few weeks ago
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yukari Kaiba

yayyy I just bought my Noitora wig (yay for Cosworx having a 20% sale XD). Will take pictures once it gets here.

oh and btw you guys, start thinking about what day you'd like to hold the gathering on. I'm just going to throw out sunday, since the Naruto gathering is already on saturday and theres like this unspoken rule that both gatherings aren't held on the same day XD (methinks its because both seem to share a similar fanbase, hence cosplayers from both series). I'm not deciding anything now, just want you guys to start thinking about it, mmk?
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

clawmaster

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on November 30, 2008, 08:17:20 PM
yayyy I just bought my Noitora wig (yay for Cosworx having a 20% sale XD). Will take pictures once it gets here.

oh and btw you guys, start thinking about what day you'd like to hold the gathering on. I'm just going to throw out sunday, since the Naruto gathering is already on saturday and theres like this unspoken rule that both gatherings aren't held on the same day XD (methinks its because both seem to share a similar fanbase, hence cosplayers from both series). I'm not deciding anything now, just want you guys to start thinking about it, mmk?

sounds good, lol though it would be kinda funny if it did. then it might end up naruto vs bleach day. fans. " bleach is so much better then naruto!" naruto fans, " as if at least we arent killing the same type of hollow every episode!" both clash with kunais and swords. xD

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Charis

Sunday later, Yukari?  D.Gray-man's scheduling for 10am on Sunday, and I know several of us here are planning on trying to be there.  (And for me, at least, it's not too crazy a cos to change from, but I don't know about Toshi or Yuu or anyone else who's doing both.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yukari Kaiba

yeah I was thinking later on sunday (maybe like 1?). time will depend on if the masquerade is being held on sunday (and theres a possibility I might be participating this year XD lol). but yeah I'll make sure to give plenty of time in between D. Grayman and Bleach.
I would totally love to do a Lavi cosplay myself but my Fanime cosplays are pretty much booked XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ToshiX

umm I don't know about 1 since The shouen Jump is usually at 1 on sundays
well for the past 2 or 3 years at least I  remember
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

kimu

If the Masq is back on Sunday we don't want it too late in the day, I agree. There's prep and check in time for that.
Especially because the later it gets in the afternoon, it would mean no participating in the Bleach after-gathering special photo shoots, which are fun but they do take time.

It would be fun to represent Bleach at the Shonen Jump gathering....

And so begins the aaargh of picking gathering times with the least number of conflicts....

Charis

I think the reason behind Naruto and Bleach not typically being on the same day, in addition to the number of crossover fans, is also that it's common of "large" photoshoots (Bleach, Naruto, KH, etc.) to try to avoid scheduling conflicts due to space.  That said, it's always possible to go same day as Naruto and just try to coordinate enough of a time gap ...

(Not knowing when the Masq will be this year does kind of throw a monkeywrench into scheduling ...)

And Yukari -- you'd make a great Lavi!  But I understand totally about time and costume plates being full ...
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

ToshiX

Ya I'm might go to the d.gray-man gathering if I wake up early enough lol 10 a.m. XD
I really don't mind the Bleach gathering on sat. XP
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

fanime_lo-ve

its been a while since I was last on. How was eveyone's Thanksgiving? I hope everyone had fun. ^_^
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

bakuha

yea,im going to be there with freinds,im going to be nova,my freind is going to be chad,and my other freind is gonna be ururu so yea there