it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on January 03, 2009, 11:46:59 PM
See cosplaying as Shunsui i count as a turn back cosplayer too haha

This is true...Hey! You're my Captain!! XDDD Am I just now realizing this, or did I mention that before?....Am I really that tired? Huh....>.>.....

@Eeveechan101

Aww~ Thanks. I have a new wig though, so I hope to improve the cosplay and do her the justice she deserves.
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Yukari Kaiba

damn you guys posted a lot while I was away XD was down in LA for ALA from Wednesday till Sunday (am at my friend's house right now). But I'm glad to see the thread is still up and kicking. Got my Fanime room booked already at the Hilton. Though after discussion with my masq group, I think I'll be dropping Arturo from my list and confirm Noitora, as I need to give myself time to finish my masq costume and I've already started work on Noitora anyways. Arturo will probably be for AX.
will post some awesome Noitora/Nel pictures my friend and I did at ALA once they're up XD
oh and Happy New Years everyone! =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

WrentheFaceless

How did ALA go? Didnt get a chance to make it down myself this weekend.

Yukari Kaiba

well it was my first time going, but overall I had a very good time. Masq started really really late though >< but the staff was keeping us informed of what was going on (problems with the sound system) which you usually don't see a lot of, so it was much appreciated. Dealer's room kinda failed, but I basically ended up buying a ton of Bleach stuff XD and minus the fact that there was no cell phone reception in the place, it was a lot of fun and I'd be willing to go again next year :3
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Charis

I would totally go back to ALA next year with the same company.  Crack con was crack.  :D

Truly, though -- I enjoyed myself.  It's a pretty smallish kind of con, and as Yukari said there was definite fail (though my cell worked in patches downstairs -- it was kind of amusing dowsing for reception), but once in a while small and low-key is good.  Very different from Fanime (or, gods know, something like AX).  To me, though, con is cosplay and people, and ALA was good for that.

Though I know now that my new Unohana hair will work.  YAY!  Just a little more hair glue into it to make certain recalcitrant bits stay put and I should be in business.  This makes me so ridiculously happy.  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Charis on January 05, 2009, 03:15:57 PM
I would totally go back to ALA next year with the same company.  Crack con was crack.  :D

Truly, though -- I enjoyed myself.  It's a pretty smallish kind of con, and as Yukari said there was definite fail (though my cell worked in patches downstairs -- it was kind of amusing dowsing for reception), but once in a while small and low-key is good.  Very different from Fanime (or, gods know, something like AX).  To me, though, con is cosplay and people, and ALA was good for that.

Though I know now that my new Unohana hair will work.  YAY!  Just a little more hair glue into it to make certain recalcitrant bits stay put and I should be in business.  This makes me so ridiculously happy.  :3

OMG CRACK CON WAS SO FULL OF AMAZING CRACK (now with glitter-free vampires!), Vampire Knight!Tres whut? oh man I could go on forever about all the stuff.
and I would love to go with you, Kim, and Kitty again - just imagine the stuff we'd come up with once me and Kitty have our TB stuff done XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

WrentheFaceless

Yea I noticed though it had the price of a big con heh

ToshiX

Seems more TBTP people yeah XD
I was like the only one this year TwT
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

EeveeGirl101

QuoteSeems more TBTP people yeah XD

What do you mean this year?! It's still '08? I thought it was '09! Or was that all a twisted dream? Doubt it, or else we'd have to wait even longer for the con!

QuoteAww~ Thanks. I have a new wig though, so I hope to improve the cosplay and do her the justice she deserves.

A new wig? Nice! I would wear a wig for Nanao...but....The problem is, my hair is too long to be put into a wig! So I'm going to have to cut it. When I told my friend this, she was going into a slight shock. It was surprisingly amusing to watch her point out all the reasons I shouldn't do it. She thinks I'll look od with short hair. I think I'll be fine, it's only an inch or so, anyhow. (Maybe two....)  :D

waffle-lover26

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on January 05, 2009, 07:05:07 PM
I would wear a wig for Nanao...but....The problem is, my hair is too long to be put into a wig! So I'm going to have to cut it.
Your hair is too long for a wig? I can wear a wig and my hair is about three times as long as yours...
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on January 05, 2009, 07:11:39 PM
Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on January 05, 2009, 07:05:07 PM
I would wear a wig for Nanao...but....The problem is, my hair is too long to be put into a wig! So I'm going to have to cut it.
Your hair is too long for a wig? I can wear a wig and my hair is about three times as long as yours...
You could wear a wig cap, that's what some people do, including me.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

EeveeGirl101

QuoteQuote from: waffle-lover26 on Today at 07:11:39 PM
Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on Today at 07:05:07 PM

You could wear a wig cap, that's what some people do, including me.

Meh, I'd rather have it cut. Since the convention is so nicely scheduled, I won't be seen all that much at school with it. My hair'll grow back over the summer, anyhow. Also, didn't you know Waffle-chan? My hair used to be extremley short and curly. I'll show you a picture soon!  Promise!

WrentheFaceless

Luckily the only guy I'd use my real hair for a costume has short hair anyways so wigs are no worry, but then again I'm a  guy hah.

OGIGA

My hair's on the long side. Maybe I should tell people that I'm trying to be Byakuya in a few years. :D

waffle-lover26

That would be cool...
My demented mind...
I walked through the mall.
"ZOMG BYAKUYA!!"
End...
After that I would probably do the flying squirrel glomp of doom...
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

kimu

Quote from: ToshiX on January 02, 2009, 10:10:25 PM
hahaha I really can't see Kimu doing that XP especially if in Ukitake XP

I agree it's been very busy while some of us were at ALA....
Well, I don't intend to smack around any Shunsui cosplayers as that would be wrong, wouldn't it!!
;)

As for food, I know a little bit...but the real pros are those that go to college right up there, and there will be many at our gathering. So it shouldn't be too hard to find out about the variety of restaurants in the area. And I can't recall if the Fanime program book includes a guide to area eateries, but a lot of cons' programs do. Also, hotel concierges can be consulted for info on area restaurants, too.
Ah yes, good food is good....

Yuu

Quote from: ToshiX on January 05, 2009, 05:44:27 PM

Excuse me? >_<

Anyway Im getting ideas. Yes us TBTP children must plan many Shinanaghins to annoy an horrify the old people.

I am so looking forward to having a 'childrens table' at the Captains dinner. It shall be our base of operations.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: Yuu on January 05, 2009, 08:49:00 PM

Excuse me? >_<

Anyway Im getting ideas. Yes us TBTP children must plan many Shinanaghins to annoy an horrify the old people.

I am so looking forward to having a 'childrens table' at the Captains dinner. It shall be our base of operations.

See thats odd considering most of the TBTP people are older than some current captains.

Charis

Yes, Fanime's program book has a restaurant guide.  It was the first time I'd ever seen one, and it delighted me to no end.

Shenanigans?  My dear little Byakuya, I believe the best words are the ones spoken by the young: bring it.  Youth can have all the shenanigans it wants, but old age and treachery will always win out.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on January 05, 2009, 08:59:11 PM

Excuse me? >_<

See thats odd considering most of the TBTP people are older than some current captains.

Oh yea I guess the Vaizards and some of the captains, but none of the people were cosplaying are

* random pondering* I never imagined that Byakuya was so young compared to everyone else. He sure is good at acting superior.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"