alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

ToshiX

Well I myself don't know there might be...
but me and Hime aren't going as Bleach characters tomorrow
but why not crash it anyways lol
well Vic M, Laura B, Travis W, voice Actors for Ed, Lust, and Roy is going to be there
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

OGIGA

:-\ Oh well. Going by myself to a small convention doesn't seem all that great. Are the dealers/vendors a good enough reason to go though?

Yuu

Quote from: OGIGA on January 10, 2009, 11:42:06 PM
:-\ Oh well. Going by myself to a small convention doesn't seem all that great. Are the dealers/vendors a good enough reason to go though?

Not so much for me. There seems to be little variety anymore (except the yaoi-con booth I spent a lot on posters) and I live upstairs from a Kimokuniya.  Very useful because I can save my money for travel expenses ect
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

ToshiX

It's not bad about like 30 or so
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Kanzake

FYI you guys, if you are trying to get replicas for cosplaying, remember no live steel was allowed on your cosplay for props, and itll probably remain the same at 09 >.>. Making your own props is fun but time consuming, but if they come out kick ass, its just rewarding :3
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Yuu

Quote from: Kanzake on January 11, 2009, 08:36:27 AM
FYI you guys, if you are trying to get replicas for cosplaying, remember no live steel was allowed on your cosplay for props, and itll probably remain the same at 09 >.>. Making your own props is fun but time consuming, but if they come out kick ass, its just rewarding :3

I hear that. I would never buy a replica. It's just not the same at all.

..except my boken..thats kind of a different story >>

Runewitt

Quote from: Yuu on January 11, 2009, 10:15:59 AM

I hear that. I would never buy a replica. It's just not the same at all.

..except my boken..thats kind of a different story >>
i only make wooden swords..
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

raenef

Awe I was totally looking forward to forging my circle sword, lol.

acrylic from like tap plastics can work nicely for a sword if you have a funny shake. Unfortunately my beluga sword cracked last year....gotta make a new one
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

MidnightRosebud

Ahhh~ I luv being annonymous.

Yukari, I was with Fanime_love at the CBF too, though she was the only one who spoke with you. Unfortunately I can get annoyingly shy.

@ ToshiX

Same thing applies here. I was standing right next to Fanime_love. I was the Hinata. ^^;;;;;;;;
I saw you walking down the stairs out of the convention and said, "Isn't that ToshiX?!" I tried to get your attention, but failed. Fortunately she's much, much better at that and waved you down. XD

-------

It was rather fun premiere-ing as the Shippuden version of Hyuuga Hinata at Winter SacAnime. Cause even friends who knew me didn't recognize me. I ended up having to chase them down. ^______________________^
Is it weird to feel proud about that? >.>........

But I missed my Lisa cosplay. TT.TT
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

ToshiX

@Midnight next time just walk up to me and say hi I don;t bit XP, it was cool seeing you and fanime_love again
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

WrentheFaceless

Woohaa Katen Kyokotsu is painted, almost done with it just gotta wrap the handles and put on the tassels

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on January 11, 2009, 01:37:24 PM

Yukari, I was with Fanime_love at the CBF too, though she was the only one who spoke with you. Unfortunately I can get annoyingly shy.

aww you should have said something! D: well hey at least we actually met later that year at Yaoi Con =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ToshiX

http://www.cosplay.com/member/68617/
I up most of the cosplay pix up already for sac-anime just waiting for other peoples XP

he was totally leaving so I pulled the stop on him and got the pix XD he is holding my lolipops
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

ryuyasha

@runewitt: How much would i have to pay you for a Katen kyoutsu? I have a pair, but theyre not quite accurate..really just some similar swords I bought and painted xD Id like a better set for my first Fanime, espcially since my Hiko sword for my Ruroken Cosplay is really accurate.

Runewitt

Quote from: ryuyasha on January 11, 2009, 08:13:11 PM
@runewitt: How much would i have to pay you for a Katen kyoutsu? I have a pair, but theyre not quite accurate..really just some similar swords I bought and painted xD Id like a better set for my first Fanime, espcially since my Hiko sword for my Ruroken Cosplay is really accurate.

sealed, or shikai?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on January 11, 2009, 01:37:24 PM

Come to think of it, I dont remember actually speaking with you at Fanime..but I was with Fanime_Love for a while.

WrentheFaceless

Man I hope one of these days someone gets a central cal con going.

ToshiX

I am so with you on that one Wren
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Charis

Central Cali = good, but so blasted empty and spread out that I doubt it'll happen.  Alas.

(I am the southern edge of central Cali, I think.  Or close to.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Kanzake

Commissioning props is expensive usually o-o; id suggest you try to make it yourself first, lol. I dont know about others but the props i make are usually expensive (cheaper than some people) >.>;. the Oblivion Keyblade im working on is selling for 120, and as Katen Kyokotsu is 2 blades (shikai at least), it would probably be well over 80. If youd like tips on making your own props i wouldnt mind helping you, i can even send you a picture of ours so you can try to get the shape right, (trust me, it was a bitch to draw D: )
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku