alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

WrentheFaceless

Well they had the first ever Bakersfield comic con last october for af ew days so I guess theres interest here for that.  Although we might be able to get something small here for a few days anime related.  I dunno though it would be nice to have a con you dont have to drive to for once lol

And yea the hard part of Katen Kyokotsu is drawing and cutting such an odd shape. =/

ToshiX

I'm like in the central central valley in modesto
nearest con is Sac-Anime, and AOD for anime and wonder con :/
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Charis

AX is actually closest to me.  Or ALA.  Both within two hours.

Bakersfield is farther.  :P

I need to clean off my desk and do the basting on my haori, see if it'll work.  Need to sort out exactly what shade I want to dye the lining, too. Sigh.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Dragon Ninja

I live in Central Cali myself, and an Anime con would be fun to have.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: Charis on January 12, 2009, 04:09:49 PM
AX is actually closest to me.  Or ALA.  Both within two hours.

Bakersfield is farther.  :P

I need to clean off my desk and do the basting on my haori, see if it'll work.  Need to sort out exactly what shade I want to dye the lining, too. Sigh.

Yea I wouldnt really count santa barbara as central california its more like north southern california =p

trupnoi

didn't they have an anime con in fresno in 2007 or something... i remember reading that somewhere

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: trupnoi on January 12, 2009, 04:30:58 PM
didn't they have an anime con in fresno in 2007 or something... i remember reading that somewhere

Dont know about that, but Id like to actually have my car still after a con. haha

Yukari Kaiba

yeah I think it was called Ani-Jam or something like that.

me - I'm located in the Bay Area, so Fanime, AOD, and WonderCon are the closest cons to me, Fanime being the farthest away (takes about an hour, maybe a little more for me to get there).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 12, 2009, 05:43:55 PM

yeah I think it was called Ani-Jam or something like that.

me - I'm located in the Bay Area, so Fanime, AOD, and WonderCon are the closest cons to me, Fanime being the farthest away (takes about an hour, maybe a little more for me to get there).

/envy

Closest con is AX and thats like a 2 hour drive in good traffic =/

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yuu on January 11, 2009, 09:29:12 PM
Quote from: MidnightRosebud on January 11, 2009, 01:37:24 PM
Ahhh~ I luv being annonymous.

Yukari, I was with Fanime_love at the CBF too, though she was the only one who spoke with you. Unfortunately I can get annoyingly shy.

Come to think of it, I dont remember actually speaking with you at Fanime..but I was with Fanime_Love for a while.
Yep. I was standing right there too. Took a couple pictures of you guys. like when she tried to pull your hair-tie out, and then re-tied it. ^^;;;

@ ToshiX
I'm working on it. >////<

@ Yukari
Yes! Though, I still think I mostly just stood there. XDDDD
Oh! But I did take the picture of you as Kira and and Gin. ^___^

--------
Sac-Anime is about an hour away. Y-Con was an hour away. Fanime is about an hour and fifteen-twenty minutes away. AOD is about an hour away. It all depends on traffic, but I think I'm just realizing that my town is pretty dead-even for distance to most of the cons in this area. :D
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Yuu

Well the closest convention to me is within walking distance (in seattle) unfortunately it's my least favorite con >_<
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

EeveeGirl101

I'm glad, my mom says that Fanime is only fifteen minutes away from Waffle-chan and I.  ;)! What do you do at the con, anyhow? I might have asked this question before, but I don't remember. I keep fretting that I'm going to run out of things to do. There's kareoke, but I doubt I'll participate. I'm pretty excited for the Dealers room, though. Once Waffle-chan showed me some pictures, I got excited.

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on January 12, 2009, 08:46:15 PM
I'm glad, my mom says that Fanime is only fifteen minutes away from Waffle-chan and I.  ;)! What do you do at the con, anyhow? I might have asked this question before, but I don't remember. I keep fretting that I'm going to run out of things to do. There's kareoke, but I doubt I'll participate. I'm pretty excited for the Dealers room, though. Once Waffle-chan showed me some pictures, I got excited.

Running around drunk downtown in costume? Oh...age appropriate stuff i see...thats a toughy

sael

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on January 12, 2009, 09:10:28 PM

Running around drunk downtown in costume? Oh...age appropriate stuff i see...thats a toughy
Hahahaha! When I read your post the only thing I could think of was "My, how costume appropriate! Aside from the running, you'd be getting quite in character. Oh wait - age appropriate, age." Damn you brain, work properly on 5 hours of sleep!

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: chaosbark on January 12, 2009, 09:39:14 PM
Quote from: WrentheFaceless on January 12, 2009, 09:10:28 PM

Hahahaha! When I read your post the only thing I could think of was "My, how costume appropriate! Aside from the running, you'd be getting quite in character. Oh wait - age appropriate, age." Damn you brain, work properly on 5 hours of sleep!

I strive for authenticity  ;)

OGIGA

Authenticity... cosplay as Amagai. ;)

Runewitt

Quote from: Kanzake on January 12, 2009, 02:31:38 PM
Commissioning props is expensive usually o-o; id suggest you try to make it yourself first, lol. I dont know about others but the props i make are usually expensive (cheaper than some people) >.>;. the Oblivion Keyblade im working on is selling for 120, and as Katen Kyokotsu is 2 blades (shikai at least), it would probably be well over 80. If youd like tips on making your own props i wouldnt mind helping you, i can even send you a picture of ours so you can try to get the shape right, (trust me, it was a bitch to draw D: )
i know what it's like to go to a con.. broke.. i've been searching for images of katen kyokotsu that i could freehand from, but i dont have anything the right size to try drawing it out on yet.

i was thinking more along the lines of 20-30 depending on how well they turn out. i'm negotiable and reasonable.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

ToshiX

LOL Fanime is like a 5 hour drive for me and AX is about 6 or 7
went to anime-vegas last year it took like 9 hours plus lol
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

billgoku

Fanime is a 5 minute drive away from my place.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

Runewitt

its a 30 min drive for me.. or an hour and a half on public transit.. with a sword. they let me off first last year.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.