49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

kimu

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on March 18, 2009, 06:51:20 AM
Quote from: Charis on March 17, 2009, 10:38:03 PM
What is this "break" of which you all speak?  :P

Quoted for emphasis.  :-[

13th'nd for emphasis.
I even have overtime and some weekend work going on again! argh.
But I believe it's because some of us are senior captains, after all.
;)

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: kimu on March 18, 2009, 07:49:52 AM

13th'nd for emphasis.
;)

Man you know how nice it would be to have a Lieutenant to go into work for me so i could lay around all day?  Very nice =/

sael

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on March 17, 2009, 09:45:00 PM
gahh jealous of all you peoples with your costumes finish - I'm in the middle of midterms right now and once I'm on spring break (starting Thursday thankfully) I have to dedicate my time to Slifer. Once thats done though I'll be working on the rest of my costumes.

until then, its continuous Kermit flail for me DX

I hate you right now. I get finals this week and then two weeks after Fanime, too DX Quarter system, why the hell did I choose you?!? -throws self at O Chem textbook-

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on March 17, 2009, 02:47:12 PM
Plan C: run screaming, flailing like muppet.

Its the best kind of flailing. Im still working on my costum,e for Sakura con. KIMUUUU I wish you could go with us.

*Random Japense class shenanghins*

I try my damndest to hide my nerdy-ness but I swear they are all trying to catch me in the middle of class, thus they ask my thinsg one at this lvl would only know form watching anime.

We were learning counters. Sensei was teaching us theere is a difference depending on the size..

aka " large flower..." and then she asked ME, of all people in classs- "How do you count ..small flowers..like..Sakura blossoms".

Me: Eh!?..shiranai! Doshite watakushi o shiterudesuka?
( I dont know! Why would I know?)

Sensei: Hnn?? You act strange..Himitsudeska? ( hiding something?)
me: Iie..watakushi...sakura kiraida.! ( No. I just hate sakura.)
Senseu: Daremonai sakura kiraides!. ( No one hates sakura!
me:.....Sakura o kaasan kurushimasu. ( Sakura killed my mother)
Sensei: ...Strange. Your very strange.
Me: Shiteru: ( I know)

I did avodi answerign the question...Damn I love that class.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

clawmaster

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on March 18, 2009, 07:58:02 AM

13th'nd for emphasis.
;)

Man you know how nice it would be to have a Lieutenant to go into work for me so i could lay around all day?  Very nice =/

among other things u might do *gives sake*

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Yuu

Hai,hai that is exactly what Fuku Taichou are for.

Today when I walked into class my 'Fuku Taichou" ( I am president and he is vice pres, but the club is based in Japanese class so we use "Taichou instead) told me " There are bagels in the student leadership office"

I promplty told him " Honaa..ike to motemasuyo.Ima."  (then go and get me one..now.)

His response " ..ka?" ( or??)

"ka.. tatakaidesuyo." (or Ill kick your ass)
Sensei heard this and said " hai! Taichou de motemase..haiyaku!" ( Yes get one for your Taichou, hurry up!) Greatest japanese teacher EVER  XD

Fuku taichou are in fact very usefull..if for nothing mroe than harrassing.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

sael

It's kind of sad that I understand half of what you said in Japanese... I barely watch any anime and, when I used to, mom almost always insisted that I watch if with the sound muted (can't really plug a headset into a tv, and my computers hated the dvd) and I've never taken a Japanese class. All my understanding comes from roommates and friends who end up conversing in Japanese (forced comprehension of the basics). As it is, my language skills are pretty poor =.=' Three years of Spanish and I don't dare say anything except simple phrases. Don't think I could ever learn to speak Japanese successfully... Props to all you folks who are able to.

WrentheFaceless

Youd think with my pref to watch subbed stuff I'd know something by now. But sadly its not sinking in.  I should take some classes

sael

Quote from: Yuu on March 18, 2009, 08:59:00 AM
me:.....Sakura o kaasan kurushimasu. ( Sakura killed my mother)
Sensei: ...Strange. Your very strange.

Actually, the sakura blossoms almost killed me today... There's storms of pink petals from the trees throughout Davis right now. I was crossing the street, thinking I was safe and whatnot - luckily the driver saw me, or the little dog running in the opposite direction. Not sure which the driver saw, or if they just heard the owner, but I'm glad that both the dog and I are okay.

waffle-lover26

Wow Yuu, I hope that if I ever take a japanese class, we have an awesome teacher like yours! FOR TEH BAGELS!!
At times like these, I'm glad my highschool has a japanese class. CUSD is a fun district!
-During our electives conversation-
My mom: Maybe you should sign up for journalism next year!
Me: What do we do in that class again?
Mom: You write stuff for the newspaper.
Me: We have a newspaper at our school?
Mom: Good point.
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

sael

Hey... Raenef and I were in journalism... Well, to be more specific, Raenef was head of the yearbook. I did odd jobs for the newspaper and yearbook, slept during class, fooled around online, did other homework, distracted a friend, used it as a second lunch period, etc ~ in other words, I had free-time when people didn't need me to do stuff (which was most of the time since I work fast). And we always had free food XD

clawmaster

what has anime done for your life?

" I am able to know a partial bit of japenese!"

"Thanks anime!"

*cheezy music and graphics*

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

waffle-lover26

Gah! I almost forgot! I was bored in band so i started drawing a bunch of bleach characters heads on my music folder with animal bodies.
Yoruichi was a cat duh.
The perverted drunk captain dude was a turtle.
Ukitake was a fish. Unohana was a giraffe (it was supposed to be a deer but it looked more like a giraffe)
Yama-jii was some strange bug thing, Captain Midget was a screwed up winged serpent thing with a crappy version of his hair.
Soi Fong was a slug, Yumichika was a peacock. I think I attempted Yachiru as a squirrel. Bya-kun was a pwetty little butterfly.
And I ended up drawing an Ichigo in a strawberry suit in a very proud pose.
XD And my band teacher didn't care.

And in my schools journalism class you actually have to write. And we don't even have a newspaper. If we do than nobody's ever heard of it, including my brother who actually took the class.

sael

OMG! Band buddy! What instrument do you play? I still remember band. Man, I wish I still played an instrument regularly. I'm planning to teach myself guitar, but I get the feeling that my housemate might be disturbed by my poor playing. For now I'm limited to a half-sized keyboard which I have to hum the upper notes of Fur Elise for.

Kanzake

*eye twitch* dont talk about band D: ive had 9 years of that, and more if you count non-school music. XD no moar pl0x. -derailed-
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

sael

7 years on the flute, 1/2 on piccolo, 2 on the recorder, 6 on the piano, and then 3 in choir @____@ That's why I dropped out of band (despite my parent's notion that it was good for me) I've gone back to solo playing for my own interests.

waffle-lover26

^^' I started playing the clarinet about a year and a half ago. I used to play on those little plastic recorders. My mom has played the flute since she was in fourth grade. I can barely get a sound out of a flute @_@

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: clawmaster on March 18, 2009, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: WrentheFaceless on March 18, 2009, 07:58:02 AM

13th'nd for emphasis.
;)

among other things u might do *gives sake*

I wouldn't mind some sake. *pours myself a glass*
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Runewitt

so.. anyone here ever make their own waraji? i'm stuck not doing fanime this year, but i'm still making them because i heard they're supposed to be really comfortable.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

WrentheFaceless

@Fanime: You old enough for sake? *raises eyebrow*

@waffle: Haha those plastic recorder things i remember those in elementary school.  Think I still have mine in a box somewhere.