alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Dragon Ninja

Hi. I had a great time at the gathering and took some great pics. I also enjoy meeting you guys person and chating. I'll have pics up soon. See ya next year.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

kakashifangurl1

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on May 26, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
Hi. I had a great time at the gathering and took some great pics. I also enjoy meeting you guys person and chating. I'll have pics up soon. See ya next year.
BumbleB: Yeah, And I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. My stupid computer won't load mine. :P
I was so tired today. I didn't even go to school. I feel really bad because I was suppose to prepare for a test (lol "convention hangover") If someone told me that Fanime was going to be extended for one more weekend, I wouldn't have woken up. I was DEEEEEAAAAAAAD.

OGIGA

Yay! Finally at 200 pages!!!

Seems like some groups have already started a 2010 thread. Shall someone start a Bleach one? ;D

Kanzake

Wait for yukari to get some rest and start it. Remember, good things come to those who wait. Besides, the bleach gat always rawks :3
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

raenef

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 26, 2009, 02:56:59 PM
hey everyone!
First I'd like to say thank you for everyone who came to the gathering - as much as I organize and plan ahead, it wouldn't be successful if people didn't come. So a huge shout out to you guys. Also big thanks to those who took over the STFU bullhorn while I jumped in for photos (and to my friend Ashley who was my Tesla for holding my scythe XD it seemed very fitting somehow lol).
I'd like to apologize if at times I seemed like I was stalling or not sure of what group to do next - I was trying to stall for time for the official con photographer to come back and take a group shot of everyone. Originally I had planned for the individual division shots to be at the park, but it probably worked out for the best that we had them at the fountains. Hope everyone enjoyed the frisbee game before hand (ending up losing the frisbee too btw - if anyone has it let me know). Had a lot of fun at the park with all the fan requests/crack shots we had. I would love feedback if anyone has anything constructive to give (no negativity/rude comments needed please) to help me run the gathering better for next year.
now lets see some photos! 8D

Tesla's blisters hate nnoitora >.<
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

sael

Yukari, all the knots came out ok, right? I tried not to tie stuff too tight.... Sorry if you had difficulties afterward!

Yuu

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on May 26, 2009, 02:27:20 PM
For Yuu:

How kind of you.  

Really, Im just glad my hair was covering my face or it would have turned out HORRIBLY.

Kakashifangirl- it was the first thing I saw too.  -_-
* as if recounting to police*
It.. it all..happened so fast like a horrible nightmare. I walked outside and..saw Yoruichi.
I tried to run away and heard  next thng I knew  Toshi was behind me..I..couldnt move..and..then the.. boobs..in front of me..oh God..the boobs..
Then everything went blank.  
* Hugging Ukelala plushy*
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

fanime_lo-ve

yesh. 200.

@EVERYONE- lol, omg, I just saw the last page XD

umm.. I'm not sure if I should be happy to see that our not. haha. XD
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Spalding

the Bleach Gathering was awesome and i had a lot of fun. XD

Yukari Kaiba: great job of the Gathering and ones again congratulations on the award of the Bleach Gathering. ;D

fanime_lo-ve : awesome job on the Fanime video. XD

I'll see you all in 2010. XD

peace out everybody!!! XD 

Is all about anime and fanime.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Spalding on May 27, 2009, 03:02:02 PM
the Bleach Gathering was awesome and i had a lot of fun. XD

Yukari Kaiba: great job of the Gathering and ones again congratulations on the award of the Bleach Gathering. ;D

fanime_lo-ve : awesome job on the Fanime video. XD

I'll see you all in 2010. XD

peace out everybody!!! XD 

lol, thanks I'm glad you liked it! <333
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Disk768

I enjoy reading your topic and i will this site again if i have time again.,If I will have time because this days I am so busy to many work to be done

Yukari Kaiba

soooo...do you guys want me to start the 2010 thread? Usually I don't start it until like for another month or so, but it seems everyone is already planning for next year XD I just usualyl wait to start it to keep all the post gathering chat in here and save the new thread for next year's endeavors, but if you guys want me to go ahead and make a new one, I will (but i will lock this thread once the new one is up so let me know if we should keep this one up for awhile before i start the new one).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Slightly OT but awesome.

Bleach just saved  my grade, and credibilty.

While doing homework at the con someone asked if I knew how to write 'my' (Byakuyas name) in Kanji.
I wrote it for them on my homework.

I handed it in with no name  and the class loser claimed it.

When I contested it Sensei told me I had 'no proof"  
I asked Taro-chan to read the Kanji I wrote. He couldnt.

Also, Im the only one in class who knows the kanji "Kuchi" ( to rot) because Ive gotten in trouble for using it to say nasty things.

Taro chan got busted and I got extra credit. XD
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

sael

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 28, 2009, 11:05:21 AM
soooo...do you guys want me to start the 2010 thread? Usually I don't start it until like for another month or so, but it seems everyone is already planning for next year XD I just usualyl wait to start it to keep all the post gathering chat in here and save the new thread for next year's endeavors, but if you guys want me to go ahead and make a new one, I will (but i will lock this thread once the new one is up so let me know if we should keep this one up for awhile before i start the new one).
lol, I just want to see how long a 2010 Bleach Gathering thread can get. And just for you, Yukari, I'll try to make time to revamp my Ggio. If I do bring him back, it might just be for part of the gathering, and you'll have to forgive me if I can't bring him (big project in the works and I disliked how some of Ggio fit....). And I need new shoes.... I threw this years away because they were evil and gave me blisters =.=

ToshiX

Quote from: Yuu on May 28, 2009, 11:12:59 AM

Slightly OT but awesome.

Bleach just saved  my grade, and credibilty.

While doing homework at the con someone asked if I knew how to write 'my' (Byakuyas name) in Kanji.

I handed it in with no name  and the class loser claimed it.

Also, Im the only one in class who knows the kanji "Kuchi" ( to rot) because Ive gotten in trouble for using it to say nasty things.

PM me pix here or cos.com ^ ^ prob going to be uber busy XD
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

OGIGA

Quote from: Yuu on May 28, 2009, 11:12:59 AM

Slightly OT but awesome.

Bleach just saved  my grade, and credibilty.

I handed it in with no name  and the class loser claimed it.

Dude, that's just awesome!

kakashifangurl1

BumbleB here :D
@ Yuu HAHA! Thats awesome! I really have to study more Hanyuu this summer. :P I have been lazy and falling behind.

@Yukari when you are planning the date of the gathering I think Sunday would be the best because all the "gathering killing" protesters probably wont bother us.

BTW According to the protesters, I'm going to hell because I cosplay. ::)

Eliteslayer

Yes, according to the protestors, we're all going to hell. 'Course, that just means we'll have a huge party and cosplay when we're down there. Wonder if we can convince Satan to cosplay... (I mostly stayed out of the protestors way, tho' when I saw them during the Naruto gathering, I wanted a Hidan to go up and start preaching 'bout the Jyashin. And I was occasionally tempted to say, "Look, I'm Jewish, and I know you think my people killed Jesus, but it was 2000 years ago, just give it a rest already.")
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Charis

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 28, 2009, 10:47:49 PMAnd I was occasionally tempted to say, "Look, I'm Jewish, and I know you think my people killed Jesus, but it was 2000 years ago, just give it a rest already.")

I have better responses to that.  XD  But then again, we established this Fanime past all shadow of a doubt that I am a very very bad Jewish girl.

The protesters really aren't worth bothering with, really.  If you don't give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to you, they'll get frustrated and move on.  Its only when you react that they have something to work with.

Sixth Division, for the record, has been very bad recently.  Getting both myself and Ukitake-taichou sick in a single weekend?  Tsk, tsk, tsk ...

(And unrelated, mostly: who's going to AX?  It'd be fun to see familiar faces there!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Eliteslayer

Oh, I'm just going with the easy one. That's one of the ones I use in my standup routine, at least; all my other retorts I cut out from it to avoid pissing off the audience.

But yeah, it's more effective to just ignore the protestors, which I usually do... but if there's already a huge crowd formed, might as well go see what all the fuss is about.

And to respond to your last question, I'm probably gonna go to AX. I'm hoping to go to both AX and Sac Anime this year; wanna get myself to more conventions, get more involved in the cosplay community and all.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!