it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

sael

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on June 11, 2009, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: chaosbark on June 10, 2009, 11:13:57 PM
Hahaha, when I opened the thread I thought I accidentally clicked the D. Gray-Man link instead! I wanna see mini-Lavi and mini-Yuu cosplays, lol. So adorable~

...That would work too! >w< After discussing it with Waffle, she says she might want to cosplay as Mini-Kanda, and Mini-Lavi'll work in my book. I guess we could try for getting a wig, but I'm a bit nervous about that. It's probably me just being a worry-wart, because I have this set image in my mind that my wig is going to fall off mid-con, and I'm going to be in a scramble to put it back on.

I was messing with my sister with a wig on and the only time it came off was when she literally grabbed it and yanked. Yukari had her spoon attached to hers for a bit and didn't have any problems at all.

As for "mini" people: if you really do cosplay them, that would be awesome.

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 11, 2009, 01:34:38 PM
muahahaha, success! I have dragged in another one to the insanity that is Trinity Blood >3 good though, isn't it? =D

I hate you.... *attempts to drag self away from Trinity Blood* I've read 30 chapters since yesterday... I refuse to pick up more cosplays! At least for now...

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on June 11, 2009, 09:20:53 PM
I'm going to need some major quincy sewing powers to pull this off.

If you suddenly gain the magical quincy sewing powers, will you sew my Kuroshitsuji costume for me? Full Victorian semi-formal wear is a pain. >.<

Edit: So this weeks chapter of Bleach, I can't deny that it's getting sort of interesting again.

EeveeGirl101

@ Chaosbark:

Yeah, we decided to go through with the idea, and even attempt a photoshoot at a park or something when we finish, or at least get our wigs, which we're going to base on these two awesome D.Gray-man cosplay videos we found on Youtube. One with Lavi, Kanda, and Allen on a children's playground, and another with just Lavi and Kanda having fun while in cosplay. xD So, the wig just stays on? Or do you need to glue it to some kind of a hair-net thing? Ack, there should really be a 'wig guide for newbies' somewhere. @~@

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know when the D.Gray-man gathering this year will take place? I think it's too early to be announced, anyways. Because if it's on the same day as the Bleach gathering, we may not be able to come. Driving back and forth between mine or Waffle's house, or even carrying two different sets of cosplays around, sounds like a bit of a hassle. But, if it is; eh, hopefully we'll manage. It all depends on which day Bleach is, and which day D.Gray-man is. *Shrug*

And yes, the newest chapter was fairly interesting. Stark's release looks like some sort of snake-gun that's meant to coil around the user, and I thought that it was just plain awesome that he and Lilinette were actually one hollow split in two at some point~ But my favorite part would probably have to be Omaeda  {Spelling? D:} getting smashed in to a wall. I never really liked him and his rice-crackers, and I thought that he finally got a bit of what he may have deserved, but it was still nice that he caught his Captain.

kakashifangurl1

@eevee
The Bleach gathering is on Saturday next year and the D. Gray Man was on Sunday this year. So it might work out. Hopefully it does because you and waffle were awesome!

EeveeGirl101

Quote from: kakashifangurl1 on June 12, 2009, 10:40:08 AM
@eevee
The Bleach gathering is on Saturday next year and the D. Gray Man was on Sunday this year. So it might work out. Hopefully it does because you and waffle were awesome!

Thanks! Either way, we wouldn't miss the Bleach gathering for the world, or, at least, the D.Gray-man gathering. I really want to see you and your epic Rukia cosplay next year, as well~ And really? Saturday? Sounds good to me! ;3 Thanks for the heads up!

Yukari Kaiba

don't worry about D. Grayman and Bleach conflicting - I'm planning on being at the D. Grayman meetup too since I'll have Lavi, so I'll make sure to schedule Bleach so they don't run into each other
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Eliteslayer

My reactions to this week's chapter:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

EeveeGirl101

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 12, 2009, 11:51:27 AM
don't worry about D. Grayman and Bleach conflicting - I'm planning on being at the D. Grayman meetup too since I'll have Lavi, so I'll make sure to schedule Bleach so they don't run into each other

Well, that's a load off my shoulders! I'm sure Waffle'll be happy to hear that; as soon as she get's home from shopping. *Pout*

ININ

Quote from: ToshiX on June 08, 2009, 05:54:14 PM
Quote from: Yuu on June 06, 2009, 04:39:49 PM
Quote from: ININ on June 05, 2009, 01:03:42 PM
The San Jose Mercury News wrote an article on Fanime'09.  One of us was interviewed and published.  It was Yuu.  Congrats XD

What do you mean 'congrats"? They must have posted a picture and all my pictures are HIDEOUS! Now I cant hide behind the computer and let everyone believe that i actually look human!!

*Takes her Ulquiorra plushy to go cry in the corner."

...I mean...thanks. ^^;

EMO... ::)

Yuu, no worries.  Your pic was not posted ^^

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 09, 2009, 06:25:27 PM

is the article online by any chance?

I check.  If I can't find the article, then I scan the hard copy and post online.

@waffle-lover26, Charis, EeveeGirl101, kakashifangurl1, Yukari, Yuu, and anyone I missed cosplaying D.Gray Man, good timing.  I'm planning on cosplaying Allen Walker next year.  I started reading the manga in Jan 2008 and stopped at volume 9.  I got interested again just after Fanime.  I'm rereading the manga.

EeveeGirl101

@ININ: Really? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out, then! Allen, you say? I'm fairly sure Waffle may want to snag a picture with an Allen at the con, anyhow; she's been trying to convince some of her friends to get in to D.Gray-man, and she probably is hoping one of them'll crossplay as Allen.

Hey, Yukari, I have a question. What materials are you planning to make your hammer for your Lavi cosplay out of? My dad and I wanted to try and make one {though it'd be smaller than most; about the size of one of those toy horse heads on a stick} and I thought it'd be best if we asked around a bit first.

ToshiX

yea more Bleach Shenanigans and the start of DGM Shenanigans, and yea for no conflicting time ^ ^

I might go as Critical Point Allen again but if he has a new form I might work with it ^ ^ and lets hope Bleach gets some Ban Kais going for next year and some Vizard love too ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

waffle-lover26

Well, now that I'm the proud owner of seven new volumes of manga (first 3 volumes of DGM and first 2 and last 2 of bleach) I'm home from shopping. Schools over and I'm going mini golfing tomorrow (insert happy cheer here).
Starks release was pretty darn cool, but I'll miss Lilinette, we all know that we won't be seeing her again.

Eevee, I demand to be allowed to help make that hammer.
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

EeveeGirl101

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on June 12, 2009, 03:34:03 PM
Well, now that I'm the proud owner of seven new volumes of manga (first 3 volumes of DGM and first 2 and last 2 of bleach) I'm home from shopping. Schools over and I'm going mini golfing tomorrow (insert happy cheer here).
Starks release was pretty darn cool, but I'll miss Lilinette, we all know that we won't be seeing her again.

Eevee, I demand to be allowed to help make that hammer.

Yes, you may help with that hammer; IF, you bring those D.Gray-man books. >:3 They may be a helpful reference.

waffle-lover26

Well, Lavi is only in the last few pages of the third volume I bought and his hammer is not in those pages, but I will be getting more soon.

I'm in a good mood cause my mom just brought home cupcakes.

kakashifangurl1

Yo everyone I think our wait is over for the Third Bleach movie because (i think) tomorrow Fade to Black will be on this site http://www.bleachget.com/watch/336-Bleach_Movie_3_Fade_to_Black_English_Subbed/

YAY! FADE TO BLACK!

*steals cupcake from waffle* mine XD JK

EDIT: I'm not sure if its tomorrow or not, thats what everyone claims it to be but I guess we will wait and see ^_^

waffle-lover26

NOES NOT MY CUPCAKE!
I will watch fade to black if I don't wake up before 5 pm.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: EeveeGirl101 on June 12, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
Hey, Yukari, I have a question. What materials are you planning to make your hammer for your Lavi cosplay out of? My dad and I wanted to try and make one {though it'd be smaller than most; about the size of one of those toy horse heads on a stick} and I thought it'd be best if we asked around a bit first.

I haven't really thought about it yet, as I have to focus on my 09 cosplay schedule at the moment (I still have several others I need to complete). And I probably won't really be getting around to even making Lavi until my CBF 2010 entry is finished. But when I start doing research I'll let you know what I come up with :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

sael

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 12, 2009, 11:51:27 AM

Awesome! I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day, but the evening has me in Victorian formal wear. If time permits and I can mess with one of my wigs (or my hair works), maybe I'll join you guys as Tyki Mikk.

ININ

I found the article http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12439404?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

@ININ: Really? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out, then! Allen, you say? I'm fairly sure Waffle may want to snag a picture with an Allen at the con, anyhow; she's been trying to convince some of her friends to get in to D.Gray-man, and she probably is hoping one of them'll crossplay as Allen.

As of now, Allen is the best character I relate to ^__^  I'm going to AX and I look for D.Gray Man books, posters, anything with good reference pics to make the cosplay.

ToshiX

Quote from: ININ on June 14, 2009, 02:53:13 AM

I found the article http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12439404?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

As of now, Allen is the best character I relate to ^__^  I'm going to AX and I look for D.Gray Man books, posters, anything with good reference pics to make the cosplay.
Which version are you looking to do?
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

ININ

@ToshiX, I'm looking at his first version wearing the uniform :)

@Everyone, the chess and frisbee pics are uploaded.  Please wait for the gathering pics XD