Any better place to d/l anime?

Started by mstingray, August 15, 2003, 02:17:24 AM

platinum edge

I believe Inu Yasha, Witch Hunter Robin, and Wolf's Rain have been licensed.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

SuperKawaiiNeko

InuYasha has been licenced (to a point) for a while now.

Now, I dont really know whats old and whats new, really, so if I name off some things that are a million years old and everyones seen, or is licenced or something, tough.

Scrapped Princess (saw at fanime 03, great stuff)
Kiddy Grade (Awesome series (Thanks Plat! ^.^) but is licenced now =\
Violinist of Hamlen (sp? Old. Really old (theres an snes game O.o) but really good. Not licenced?)
DiGi Charat (duh)
Read or Die (Required viewing. Anyone know if its licenced yet?)

Ive also heard lots of good things about Haibane Renmei, and I also really want to see one called L/R.

The naruto manga is really (REALLY) good, but Ive not seen much of the anime (five mins by accident at fanime? XD) If you want it though, youd better hurry up. It will probably be scooped up by viz pretty quick here now that theyre putting out the manga in english.

I want a Seiken Densetsu manga, damnit! Anyone know of any doujinshi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lavenderjade.dev-c.nl    -    Be there!
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

platinum edge

Haibane Renmei and Read or Die (tv) has been licenced by Pioneer.  The Violinist of Hamlen hasn't been licensed, well according to //www.animenfo.com.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Thanks a bunch for the info, do you know anything about L/R? I saw a short review type thing in Newtype USA a while ago, and it sounds really good. I really wanna check it out ^.^

Head of Volunteers 2010

platinum edge

L/R is short for Licenced by Royal (note: that is the anime name).  I don't know anything about it except that 1) it's 12 eps long and  2) Licenced by Royal is licenced by Pioneer.

kei

Read or Die TV is called Read or Dream right?
too bad yuriko readman (that paper girl) is not the main character in the TV series.

frumpy

Quote from: "mstingray"some of those titles i can't find on those torrent sites?  i assume they're licensed or something?

yes, these titles are licensed but are still available as fansubs on very few sites:
inuyasha
yukikaze
witch hunter robin
wolf's rain

Quoteoh ya, just talked to ken (saw him @ family billiards of all places), he's puttin' his bike back to street.

ken's always at family. then again, i used to hang out there almost on a daily basis... :roll: . ken and i've known john and his gf (tracey) for awhile now, they used to work full time at family's bar. he's the guy with the purple gixxer 1000.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

mstingray

Quoteyes, these titles are licensed but are still available as fansubs on very few sites:
uhhh...where? as tape or d/l?  PM me. ;) :twisted:

i watched some of naruto already.  not bad.  seems to be a touch drawn out though.  no need for 5min. recaps every eps.  guess it could be worse, kare kano had 2 entire eps almost fully dedicated to just reviewing the last ones.

digi charat.  i think i have 16eps on tape.  was that the whole series?

i'll check out everyone's suggestions though. :)

Quotehe's the guy with the purple gixxer 1000.
i thought john had a grey gixxer? :p  i sometimes go on wed. night (sortova bike meet) if i have nothing to do.  i don't play pool much ($ spent on riding) i just go hang out and watch bike vids (usually someone brings a tape of something).  AFAIK, john and tracey are engaged right now. ;)
former staffer

mstingray

on a seperate note, anyone try earth station 5 P2P?
former staffer

SuperKawaiiNeko

L/R is about two spy dudes. I wish I could tell you more but my Newtypes seem to have run away on me...

DiGi Charat is either 16 or 18 eps long. I think its 18. If the last episode on your tape is Party Night, you got robbed two eps. Theres also a Super Summer Special (Which I desperately want to see.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mandorallen - The mightiest knight on life - Baron
Barak - Shape-shifting berserker - Earl
Hettar - Warrior horse-lord - Son of clan-chief
Durnik - Blacksmith - Cooler than all of them

Head of Volunteers 2010

Tsubasa

Quote from: "kei"Read or Die TV is called Read or Dream right?

No, the ROD TV series is entitled Read or Die TV.  Its contents are based on the manga Read or Dream, however.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR