Staffing For Fanimecon09

Started by darkknightcecil, June 27, 2008, 07:47:51 PM

Steve.Young

Actually I am going to make it, I skipped the corporate event at Great America.

Screwwww that!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

moogles1989

i want to staff! i want to be a techie! lol i already spend most of my life in a theatre!

SOawesomeness

Quote from: moogles1989 on September 29, 2008, 10:06:47 PM
i want to staff! i want to be a techie! lol i already spend most of my life in a theatre!
I'd be a techie as I work in a theatre... and am in the tech class...

But I can't lift 40 lbs and I'm not 18. ;.;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

moogles1989

lol i work for the theatre company in town and i am 18 ^_^ im an ASM training to be a stage manager, so i have light board sound board and a bunch of othe rweird skills

SOawesomeness

Quote from: moogles1989 on September 29, 2008, 10:14:09 PM
lol i work for the theatre company in town and i am 18 ^_^ im an ASM training to be a stage manager, so i have light board sound board and a bunch of othe rweird skills
I'm a pro at spot-lighting (I never want to do it again, ever) and I have little skills here and there~ but I pretty much can't excel much in anything. My friend rocks at light board, she's almost better than the TD himself.

What company do you work for?
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

zemric

so every one knows the first meeting will be october 18th at 3 pm at the convetion center at the J on the hilton side.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

ewu

Quote from: moogles1989 on September 29, 2008, 10:14:09 PM

Tech for Fanime is nothing like stage work.......SJCC = union, you don't get to touch much.

I was getting paid to do theater in 2000.....I could tell the diff between new style and old style twist lock in the mid '90s.......dang I'm old...

Edit: And that's why u wanna join Reg:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

moogles1989

booo its not!? oh well

answer to someone elses questions on which company i sold my soul to its "The Western Stage" largest company in monterey county

ewu

WEEEEELLLLL if you sold it....that means there's a market for it....that means you can prob get a second-hand one if you wanted:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SOawesomeness

Quote from: ewu on October 07, 2008, 09:50:45 PM
WEEEEELLLLL if you sold it....that means there's a market for it....that means you can prob get a second-hand one if you wanted:)
and sell it to Registration. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

nope....registration's souls are locked with the $$ we take in.....u'll have to escalate to chair to get a hold of those souls....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on October 08, 2008, 06:19:27 PM
nope....registration's souls are locked with the $$ we take in.....u'll have to escalate to chair to get a hold of those souls....

Interesting...I shall have to do something about that.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

NetBelleAnie

I am interested in staffing or volunteering (I was talking to Antonio Eco about doing so at Yaoicon).  I have a few health problems though, so I'm not sure if I would even be wanted for staffing.   Also with me being my cosplay group's booking person for the hotels and such, I'm not sure how rooming would work, as I'd like to be able so socialize with my friends, but I know I'd need to dedicate most of my time to the con.
Also, if I were to staff, and have a friend would like to staff, would we be able to work together, or would we be separated most of the time.
I'm a good go-fer,  if nothing else.
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)
Mabel (Gravity Falls)

Steve.Young

Quote from: NetBelleAnie on October 09, 2008, 01:13:01 PM
I am interested in staffing or volunteering (I was talking to Antonio Eco about doing so at Yaoicon).  I have a few health problems though, so I'm not sure if I would even be wanted for staffing.   Also with me being my cosplay group's booking person for the hotels and such, I'm not sure how rooming would work, as I'd like to be able so socialize with my friends, but I know I'd need to dedicate most of my time to the con.
Also, if I were to staff, and have a friend would like to staff, would we be able to work together, or would we be separated most of the time.

It would really really really really depend on which department you wished to staff for..
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kava

Quote from: NetBelleAnie on October 09, 2008, 01:13:01 PM
Being a plain volunteer would offer you more flexibility in hours, but less in duties. Staffing would allow you to choose your department, and therefore your duties (assuming the department head would take you), but be a bit less flexible in hours since staff are required to work a certain number of hours to fulfill their staff obligation.

Although discounted rooms are usually offered for staff, it isn't necessary for you to take advantage of that. If you'd prefer to stick with getting a hotel room with your cosplay group, that's certainly still an option.

As for working -with- your friend, it would depend upon where you were staffing and what the duties required of you. Some departments, such as registration, everyone pretty much works in close proximity to one another. Other departments, such as mine (panels), often require you to be on your own for a stretch while you're monitoring a door. (I actually try to pair my staffers up when I can, but this isn't always possible.)

I don't think there is any task we can set you, whether staff or volunteer, and guarantee that the two of you can stay together constantly, unless one of you were staff and the other were not... in which case the non-staffer might in some cases be free to hang about so long as they didn't distract you from your duties.

I can't say whether your health issues would be an issue without knowing what they are, so I won't comment on that. That'd probably be something you should discuss with the dept. head of whatever department you decide to apply to. ^^

-Kava
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

quantbits

As always, I offer my services in the graphics/web/photography/press department.

PM me if interested! =)

Kava

Quote from: quantbits on October 11, 2008, 09:55:11 AM
As always, I offer my services in the graphics/web/photography/press department.

PM me if interested! =)
You're much more likely to get invited to one of those departments if you approach them directly rather than making a random post on these forums which they may or may not see. ^^

[email protected] would be the way to contact the heads for graphics/web, I think... and marketing@fanime for press/marketing.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom