So I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled monday...

Started by JTchinoy, June 27, 2008, 08:45:58 PM

JTchinoy

well that was a confusing experience.  the had me lie in bed and strapped some heart monitors to me and put an IV that would KO me.  i was like ok, closed my eyes while they were still prepping and then it felt like 30 seconds later and they're like you're all done.  i was like wut? o.o  i noticed there was gauze in my mouth, but damn i thought they were still prepping.  my teeth don't hurt really, took a pill of vicodin and im not really drowsy at all.

so to jun, nothing to worry about o.o  i'm still confused as to how it all happened since it felt like 30 seconds.  apparently it only took 10 minutes cuz my bro left to go buy some food but halfway there they already called to say i'm done.  gauze in my mouth right now and i have the hiccups.   so... yeah.  o.o i feel like i can go out and about today but im going to just stay at home =)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JTchinoy on June 30, 2008, 03:29:35 PM
so to jun, nothing to worry about o.o  i'm still confused as to how it all happened since it felt like 30 seconds.  apparently it only took 10 minutes cuz my bro left to go buy some food but halfway there they already called to say i'm done.  gauze in my mouth right now and i have the hiccups.   so... yeah.  o.o i feel like i can go out and about today but im going to just stay at home =)

Aw, thanks JT. I've been feeling that I need to get mine pulled soon, since I don't want my teeth to unstraighten. How much did it cost you, anyway? My insurance is terrible, unfortunately, so it's a bit inconvenient for me... Tell me how the pain and whatnot turns out after a couple of days. One thing I've experienced is insignificant soreness at first... then huge pain after and difficulty later.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Well it should've started hurting a lot today.  When the numbing from the operation wore off, it was a slight discomfort at worst.  It hurt, but nothing that would stop me from daily activities.  After I took the vicodin, it doesn't hurt at all.  I only had 2 teeth removed (top) and they were maybe slightly angled.  I might go out tomorrow if nothing changes in terms of pain.  My only current discomfort is there's 2 fat pieces of gauze in my mouth :P

If you have bottom wisdoms that need to be removed, then it may hurt more.  I hear it varies from person to person as well.  My bro was out and about after 2 days, his friend's gf was out the next day, but his best friend was down for a week. o.o  I'll update tomorrow to let you know if it hurts more.

It cost me $1072, but THEORETICALLY my insurance will cover 80%~ of it, which was $837.  i just wrote a check for 235m which is my estimated cut.  hopefully my insurance covers more when they bill the insurance so i get partial refund :)

vicodin may make you a lil nauseated >_> had to lie down just now ><

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: JTchinoy on June 27, 2008, 08:45:58 PM
3 days away, I'm very scared :(
It's the knowledge of what'll be done to my mouth after they KO me that has me scared.
><;;
and for reference to moonkin:
turns out my right wisdom tooth did grow a root into a cone shape.  my left wisdom tooth will be drilled out (didnt drop yet, still in my jaw), but i noticed the root isn't really developed and it's about as wide as the crown  ??? will this be problematic?
Nope it shouldn't be. When i had mine out, non were developed yet. i had to be sliced and drilled out as well. You'll do fine. Just remember you drool like a fool for the first few hours after @_@. Sorry for such a late reply. I have been away from the forums for a bit.

JTchinoy

start reading more, it's already done XD

no i didn't drool neither.  I was slightly dazed, but that's about it. ;D
still dumbfounded as to why it took me only 10 minutes to get finished ???
im on ibuprofin now.  it hurt a lot yesterday so i was on vicodin, but it doesn't hurt really now, so i'm on the weaker stuff. :)
i wasn't even bedridden much yesterday, spent my day online... again...

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Yuu

Quote from: JTchinoy on June 30, 2008, 03:29:35 PM

Yep, that's how all surgeries are.no matter how much time they take.
I always made a game of trying to catch myself falling asleep but never did.  Surgery is not nearly as scary as anyone makes them out to be.
The worst part is the people at the hospital making such a big damned deal about it.
I bet they scare patients far more than if they'd just let them be.

JTchinoy

the images of them drilling the teeth out scared me =X
it's been what? 4 days since the operation?
i'm avoiding using the back of my mouth for chewing, but aside from that and taking my penicilin im back to normal.
2 wisdom teeth ftw!!

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X