Diablo 3 Announced.

Started by otakuapprentice, June 28, 2008, 09:59:43 PM

otakuapprentice

The title says it all.

For those that have played the original Diablo as well as Diablo 2, this is my question/s to you: is it good for those that might want to get this game(my guess is it drops Fall '09) to play the previous titles, will they be alright getting 3 when it comes out without playing the other games(and not knowing the events that took place within the last two games), and are you going to get 3 when it releases?

I have never played any of the Diablo games before, but after seeing the game footage from the Blizzard Invitational, it looks very interesting and i want to play the last two games, since Diablo 3 appears that it will be very entertaining.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

Haha, to be really honest, I've never actually played the first game very much, and went straight onto II. All Blizzard games have some sort of lore/storyline, but it doesn't exactly stop you from being able to play without being completely familiar with it. III looks awesome, so go play it if you really want to. There's also no harm in going back to the previous ones and playing those ones, too. Unless you're afraid of other gamers RAAAAGING at you for not playing the last two, it isn't completely necessary from what I know.

But I only casually play games, so what do I know? :|

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 28, 2008, 10:07:10 PM
Haha, to be really honest, I've never actually played the first game very much, and went straight onto II. All Blizzard games have some sort of lore/storyline, but it doesn't exactly stop you from being able to play without being completely familiar with it. III looks awesome, so go play it if you really want to. There's also no harm in going back to the previous ones and playing those ones, too. Unless you're afraid of other gamers RAAAAGING at you for not playing the last two, it isn't completely necessary from what I know.

you still played them, so your opinion still counts.

after watching the official trailer and about half of the gameplay video(net connection died at that point), i really want to get III(it does look awesome!) but i want to go play the last two games as well. if the video shown from III is the same type of gameplay seen in I and II(save for the new changes to classes, graphics boosts, etc.), then i know i will enjoy them.

The only exception for me is not going back and playing the original Starcraft before getting SCII, since I know I can jump into that game and not know anything about the story from the first(it reminds me of Command & Conquer, and i enjoyed that series).

Stormfalcon

Want to play the first two?  Just get the battlechest collection.  It's got the first two (as well as the expansion to the second one) for a really nice price (about $40 or so).  Should keep you busy until III comes out (I lean towards 2010 for that one).
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Stormfalcon on June 28, 2008, 11:37:50 PM
Want to play the first two?  Just get the battlechest collection.  It's got the first two (as well as the expansion to the second one) for a really nice price (about $40 or so).  Should keep you busy until III comes out (I lean towards 2010 for that one).

yea, i was leaning toward getting the battlechest, since its around 30 bucks at gamestop right now. if it does come out on '10(which i damn well hope it doesn't), then Starcraft II will probably be out before then(c'mon early '09), so i can just play the crap out of that until Diablo 3.

heh, there goes another couple of games to the never-ending stack.......

lyricaldanichan

hooray ! finally it is like what 12-14 years since D2? Hopefully it will be available
for OS X :P

otakuapprentice

yup; its hitting both windows and mac simultaneously....at least that's what was reported.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 28, 2008, 11:48:34 PM
hooray ! finally it is like what 12-14 years since D2? Hopefully it will be available

Holy crap. Has it really been this long? Diablo II was released in '00, of which I was either 9 or 10... and the first was released in '97, of which I was 6. Nice.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Shinsengumi

It's been years since I've played a Diablo game, I still haven't beat any of them lol. I'll be looking forward on the 3rd one when it comes out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Stormfalcon

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 28, 2008, 11:43:40 PM
Quote from: Stormfalcon on June 28, 2008, 11:37:50 PM

yea, i was leaning toward getting the battlechest, since its around 30 bucks at gamestop right now. if it does come out on '10(which i damn well hope it doesn't), then Starcraft II will probably be out before then(c'mon early '09), so i can just play the crap out of that until Diablo 3.

heh, there goes another couple of games to the never-ending stack.......

Remember, this is Blizzard we're talking about.  They don't release games until they're damn good and ready to, and they don't do rush jobs (which '09 would end up being).  Hell, we still don't have release dates for the next WoW expansion or SCII yet.  The way I see it, 2010 would probably be optimistic as a release timeframe for Diablo III.  However long it takes though, it'll be worth the wait, as is the case for Blizzard releases.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Mizuki

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuki on June 29, 2008, 03:04:41 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 28, 2008, 10:07:10 PM

Scrub.

SHUT UP. DO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT YOU, DR. HOUSE. B[

FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 29, 2008, 01:05:17 AM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 28, 2008, 11:48:34 PM

Holy crap. Has it really been this long? Diablo II was released in '00, of which I was either 9 or 10... and the first was released in '97, of which I was 6. Nice.
GAH! I totally forgot how young you are!

I think Stormfalcon's right, though. Anything sooner than 2010 will be a shock.

Jerry

ive played the first 2 with the expansion, basically old school versions of a fun Online RPG. (not massive because I think the max was like 2-8 players on a local or blizzard.net game sorta like old school starcraft.

but i agree with how long (and eventually the drop of Starcraft: ghost)

I would like to think that development and release time lines for Diablo 3 will be decent.

its been a good franchise thus far, so i like to hope that wont drop the ball on this one. :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

~~Loktera~~

So, all this chat about Diablo is making me nostalgic.

Who's with me for an online game of Diablo 2? I got dibs on Sorceress.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Tsubasa

I'll probably be playing this.  I played the first two games enough to feel played out on them, but I guess it has been years and it doesn't hurt to give the new one a shot.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Magical Senpai

Where's my Hellgate: London 2?

Kidding aside, I am looking forward to this game.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on July 01, 2008, 09:24:45 PM
So, all this chat about Diablo is making me nostalgic.

Who's with me for an online game of Diablo 2? I got dibs on Sorceress.
as soon as i finish playing through Diablo 1(picked up the battlechest yesterday for $30, WHOO!!), i'll join up for a game.
Quote from: Tsubasa on July 01, 2008, 09:27:33 PM
I'll probably be playing this.  I played the first two games enough to feel played out on them, but I guess it has been years and it doesn't hurt to give the new one a shot.
dude, after just seeing all the stuff for III, im playing the first two; 'nuff said.

Quote from: Richie Likes Maids on July 01, 2008, 10:27:09 PM
Where's my Hellgate: London 2?

Kidding aside, I am looking forward to this game.
damn richie, that's a low blow.......hah, just kidding.

(hopes for any kind of open beta)

Shinsengumi

Damn, I stll need to buy my copies of Diablo 1 and 2, since I haven't beat them yet.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

keisukesan

gosh jun chill man we all possibly have played diablo once in a lifetime because we come to fanimecon for a reason not because we have no life its possibly a good word to use it passion? anyway diablo 3 looks fun and yet can someone please help me out with diablo 2 first because i havent beaten hell mode since i am a level 70 sorc and they are mostly elemental resistance which sucks for me and i dont want to waste another life doing other character gosh :X
Title: Aggression

Driven by hate, deceptively brutally raped
Keeping all bad memories inside
All that you told me... was it all a lie?
You made me think, you made me shout, all but one thing that I've kept in mind,
The more I feel, the more I hat