Gintama Gathering ~+~ 2009

Started by yamaneko, June 29, 2008, 10:50:19 PM

yamaneko

Yes, thank you thank you for your concern ^^ But, luckily, I (personally) know that staff members as busy as Angel-han, who is one of the heads, I believe, don't have time to go through every single thread. ^^;

Anyways, JJ-tan, you don't have to get a wig for me! >.< I might get it myself if I have the time/money ;; But, aren't wigs all the same price, no matter how long? >_<;; That's what I thought, anyways o.o

We need to find a cooooooon soon~
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Hirotona

D8 well I don't see why we couldn't go like to SF and just have fun looking around and stuff xD Or something like that, waiting for a con prior to Fanime is probably a long, long shot >>

And... haha I don't actually know >>;; But I do think shorter is cheaper, and I remember when trying to order a friend's Tsuna wig it only cost around twenty five bucks. Not to bad at all.

yamaneko

Ahhhh I don't know if I can do anything this weekend @_@ I have to go with my mom to pick up her boyfriend from the airport tomorrow, then have to spend practically the whole day at his place taking care of his dog while he and my mom go out. And Sunday is VA club stuff @___@ And next weekend is Halloween/my aunt's bday. . . I'm sorry! >___<
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Well okay. XD I just want to stress how unlikely it will be that the next time we'd meet up is a con that isn't Fanime that's all.

We'll plan something out soonish I bet though C: Don't lose confidence and hang in there.

yamaneko

Yeah, we'll figure something out! x3 Even if it's meeting at Santana Row again!! D: *needs to get more ink*. . . I'm so behind on non-online manga. . .
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Santana Row would be great to I think X3 We could play giant chess and enjoy good food and fun stuff like that as well as get you more ink.

I still need to buy at least Gintama volumn five so I don't have a volumn gap xD;;

yamaneko

Wow, you know what? I just learned that I might actually know chiretto-san from somewhere besides the gathering. o_o Apparently, she went to my school last year (damn, I JUST missed her!) cuz a bunch of my sophomore/junior friends know her o.o I'm not sure if it really IS her, but if it is, wow, what a coincidence that I had no idea who she was until now xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Ahaha I see, I see.

D: so what's up? Any free weekends coming up? C:

kai

Just a random (stolen) idea from the Gintama gathering at AX this year, if you guys were planning anything for the gathering. It looks pretty fun. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJHXLXVJpeA&feature=related

Hirotona

Some of the good Gintama cosplays I saw the first day were there **;; I'd have showed but most of the final day was prepping to leave in my case.

It's not a bad idea, hopefully we'll have more people show up though/more variety in cosplay then we currently do.

yamaneko

WINTER BREAK SOON *W*

Anyways, I'm ordering Kyuu-chan now; should have her in time for Sac and AOD ^^
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

And cosplay shopping for us coming up in a week/or two Cx Man I can't wait!

Mirai Noah

Hi guys! Have we decided a day and time yet? I know that I said earlier that I could do Saturday morning, but that's not going to work for me anymore, because the Gundam gathering is at 10:30...

Hirotona

Ahhh well.. I thought ten oclock morning would be the time.. maybe we can change it though. I'll have to talk to Yame about it though, she's currently not avalible however.

Miyu_Mya

Hey, I just got a Kagura outfit and My Boyfriend is going to dress as Gintama.

Update: there is a slight problem with my outfit and I will not be going as Kagura :( . But Weaponhex (boyfriend) will still be going as Gintama.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

Hirotona

You have art from queenofdorks in your icon! /random

yamaneko

AHHH I wanna do Kagura's Hyakka outfit now!! *o*
*sigh* I really should stop planning cosplays. . . Kyuu-chan isn't gonna be here on time TT___TT
And we still need to decide a time xD;
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

You'd do that very well C:

More essential is that we get to hang out pre con to plan and just have some fun together again otl >___<;;

kai

Just stopped by to mention that my friend and I will no longer be able to attend the gathering due to scheduling conflicts and costume fallbacks. Sorry. D:

I hope the gathering will still be a success and you guys will have fun. =)

senritsu

if i can make it, i might go as construction worker gintoki (like from the episode where he's working on the roof)

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.