FIREWORKS ARE NOW BANNED FROM MY TOWN!

Started by Mister_E, June 30, 2008, 01:54:41 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

I honestly dont see how people get hurt with those sparklers  ::)

You really have to be stupid to get hurt by them.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on June 30, 2008, 09:56:44 PM
I honestly dont see how people get hurt with those sparklers  ::)

You really have to be stupid to get hurt by them.

I think you overestimate our country's community.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

Hmm, its probably just my experience with fireworks talking.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xxxplizit

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 30, 2008, 09:44:16 PM
Honestly they should do a state wide ban on fireworks, too many dumbass people starting fires and drama. Actually maybe it is a good as thing that the dumbass peole get hurt less people in the gene pool.

seriously

Like this for instance?

Yes I was there to witness this, even though this isn't California.  House + Meth lab + fireworks = NO >:(

BDILN

If you want something to tide you over, look at this:
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/a/aa052703a.htm
It's a quick tutorial on how to color fire... which you could do in a fireplace, or maybe a Barbecue
If you want a sizzle effect you can add black powder, or make it yourself (http://azareal.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/how-to-make-black-powder-or-gunpowder/) OR you could make flint powder, which is fun to just throw into a flame, or light on fire because it burns real fast like black powder.Basically, take a piece of paper and place it on a flat surface... like a counter or table. Then, take a lighter and press the flint wheel hard against the middle of the paper and rub it back it forth. Don't do it too fast, you want to do this in a way where the lighter doesn't spark. You will see a black colored powder gathering on the paper.

Glitch

I completely understand the restrictions due to these fires, but please don't tell me to watch a fireworks show as a substitution for buying fireworks. Watching from afar doesn't compare as having it lit and blown up in front of you.(meaning a few feet away from your face,cuz burnt hair isn't a good aroma. XD)

G.I.R

Well, not to rub it in or anything, But,                    ... they started selling fireworks in Norwalk today!  ;D

Maybe those of you that come to L.A. for AX could take the 15 or so mile trek down I-5 to Downey or Norwalk and buy some. ::)

TC X0 Lt 0X

I know what you mean.

Funny thing happened to me one year,
I put the morter shell into its tube and lit the fuse. At about the same time, this crazy guy, who told me and my family his name is Steve, and hes from the future, which is why We (My Family and Friends) refer to him as Steve from the Future, ran up with his skateboard and smashed the morter tube, the morter exploded in the tube, and luckily did not hurt anyone. After that, Steve came up to me and said "Protection!, which I assumed meant he protected me from the morter, even though he almost hurt me by destroying the tube...
Anyways, he was pretty crazy, but he did help me find my cell phone which I dropped on the beach...
That was like 3-4 years ago, god I hope I see that crazy man again.

But regardless, THAT story above is one of the many things that can go wrong with fireworks. What went wrong is beyond me, but luckily, Steve from the Future saved me from it, I guess.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mister_E

Maybe Mr. Future is you future SON or some other soon to be member from you family.  Like that Morter was going to blow up in your FACE and like you a awful mess for the rest of your days and you sent you son or whatever back to save you, sure me didn't do the best of jobs but HEY at least you still have your face. (I watch Back to the Future a little too often)
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Jerry

I heard a blurb on the news radio (yah i listen to new radio on my way to work)

that mr. governator himself - said that due the semi-successful fire-fighting these last few days and weathering being nice ( i heard some areas ) actually saw BLUE SKY!!!  :D

That mr. Gonvernator may lift the ban on fireworks in SOME areas.

So cross your fingers peoples...

otherwise i prolly heard wrong on the radio....
anyone else could confirm or deny my wild statment? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on June 30, 2008, 09:44:16 PM
Honestly they should do a state wide ban on fireworks, too many dumbass people starting fires and drama. Actually maybe it is a good as thing that the dumbass peole get hurt less people in the gene pool.

seriously

lol =p
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Evangelion Xgouki

Always did find the fireworks laws odd compared to back home in Hawaii  :P.  But yea, I can see why they would generate a ban due to all the fires.  Those firefighters really need a break  :-\

JTchinoy

shouldn't they ban cigars and cigarettes instead? :P
i'm pretty sure more of our brush fires are started by cigarette butts than by fireworks. ;D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 01, 2008, 11:08:54 AM
shouldn't they ban cigars and cigarettes instead? :P
i'm pretty sure more of our brush fires are started by cigarette butts than by fireworks. ;D
This is true.
But the simple fact that fireworks make a boom make people fear.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

rude32

For the first time in my life I'm happy to live in Manteca, since we can have all the fireworks we want. But then again, I had to go through like a 10 year ban on them
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Mister_E

Well I might as well go see Wall E on that day.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BDILN

It sounds like a war outside my place :O

XpHoBiaX

Do people realize that fireworks are primarily a symbolization of war, and a reminder of what we fought for? It's a very patriotic thing to do for some of us.
Nah...they wouldn't....the're too busy taking our freedoms, rights and privileges away. @_@
I blame the stupid people for hurting themselves! I had to listen to a radio show on the way to my moms' about people hurting themselves and wanting a permanent ban on the fireworks. -_-''

At Lake Camanche, the air has been so full of smoke and it's like there is fog all over. So the fireworks were banned. We have a HIGH risk of fire, and have to be extra careful. Also we have been having to conserve water...and we have permitted "water days".

ANYWAYS
Fresno had fireworks fired off over by Holland Park, july 3rd. It was AMAZING. I had to step back when looking up becuase A lot of them went right over my head. I am not one for loud noises, but that is why I went and got earplugs. X3

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??