Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Important Pleze Read!)Possible Tourney For Fanime 09

Started by PinkHairSasuke, July 03, 2008, 03:43:37 PM

PinkHairSasuke

Ok just wanted to ask if anyone would like me to bring my Wii with SSBB and some other import games! Just asking because at 08' there was like only two Wiis with SSBB and one gamecube with SSBM! So just throwing this out there! Also do u need to bring your own TV if u bring a console or do they have TV's there that you can use?Or if someone could provide me with a TV for this I will start a tourney with prizes!

P.S.Anyone heard of the SSBB Forbidden 7?If so pleze post any info you have on them here also!

JTchinoy

i had a fairly large tournament for ssbb running on 4 consoles.

we'll be having one in 09 probably.  im thinking of having a brawl tourney and a 1v1 tourney.  we'll c.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PinkHairSasuke

JTchinoy

if you register early, please register only if you actually plan to be at the tournament.  like less than half of the pre-registrants were actually there.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PinkHairSasuke

I will make sure Im there just like me and my friend who was Shino made sure we were there for the Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 Tournament

JTchinoy

i was behind the table, i had no idea what was going on with those matches XD i just took notes of winners :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PinkHairSasuke

abcbadcat

1 VS 1

I had some really good matches, I forgot how I did but it was fun as hell.

SIGN ME UP NOW! LOL YOU KNOW I'LL BE THERE!

Rhornez

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 12, 2008, 09:08:04 PM
if you register early, please register only if you actually plan to be at the tournament.  like less than half of the pre-registrants were actually there.
<-----  :'( i didnt make it ... by the way wat costume were u wearing or something cause i remember talking to someone in a reddish with a yellow tie suit
also 1V1 plz it would be ten times better for that

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

JTchinoy

wasnt me.  the only cosplay i did was on saturday when i was a filipino shipping box.
i didnt even get to really wear it since i was running tournaments for 8 hours straight.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Phantom Roxas

I'm interested, I shall everyone my (lack of) skill with Lucario!

abcbadcat

Brawl tourney should be ran just like last year

1 vs 1
Neutral Stages
Double Elimination

Mizuki

A better and more exciting Brawl tournament should, and can be ran with items on, and a more variety of stages other than Final Destination. Evolution put limited amount of items (including Final Smash ball) and it went fantastic. Items were built into the game for a reason, for them to be used, it's like taking CvS2, stripping it of rolling, groove bars, and other system mechanics for no reason at all.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

I'll be looking at how EVO ran brawl, and probably using their format.
We'll see.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

IMO, you should just run it with everything on. The game was built upon it having items, and if people can't handle that, then they should play another game, or just stop whining and learn it.

JTchinoy

i'll have to think about it.
EVO used items this year, which apparently was a huge turnoff to a lot of the people who went to EVO.  I'll have to weigh it out more.
possibly hold some polls here, shoyruken, and smashboards for a democratic choice.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

Well, here I'll shorten your questioning, and can already tell you how the output will be.
SRK: Items on/screw smash
Smashboards: No items
Here: Throw up between both.

I'm really not trying to be an instigator with the above, but that's how it was, and will be for whenever someone asks on these boards.

JTchinoy

i agree that's how it'll probably end up, but might as well do it anyhow.  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X