Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Important Pleze Read!)Possible Tourney For Fanime 09

Started by PinkHairSasuke, July 03, 2008, 03:43:37 PM

Kikkoman

lol, time to throw in the towel, you haven't countered my points exactly but you still keep going. No personal offense meant to you, but you were throwing a lot of personal insults at me.

P.S. I edited my earlier post and added one more point.

P.S.S. "Because it's a fighting game and the idea is the same. Where is the chip damage in Tekken? Where is the power meters in VF?
Good job though at trying to dodge the subject of you not knowing anything about "fighting games" in general by trying to claim that the comparison isn't there." The only thing Brawl has in common with the fighting games you mentioned is that characters hit each other(like a fight). Other than that in no other fighting game do you see the objective of "KNOCK HIM OFF THE MAP, TOP BOTTOM LEFT AND RIGHT(not even soul calibur, where you can only fall down)" or items, there's Nintendo innovation for you. Brawl is not your generic fighting game and should not be compared to them.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kikkoman on October 27, 2008, 09:32:19 PM
lol, time to throw in the towel, you haven't countered my points exactly but you still keep going. No personal offense meant to you, but you were throwing a lot of personal insults at me.

P.S. I edited my earlier post and added one more point.

Uhm... You can *believe* I didn't counter any of your points if you'd like. But what it comes down to is what I stated in the first place.

Smash players whining about something because they don't want to accept it as part of the game. Smash players in general have a high level of elitism within their community and act as if they know more about the game than anyone can possibly understand... even Nintendo themselves. If it were up to Smash players, the game wouldn't have items at all, half the stages wouldn't be there because they're "unbalanced" and characters would be banned.

As I said... most communities ban something for being broken. Smash players ban something because "they don't like it".

Then they argue that they weren't disproven. I proved you wrong about bobombs being undodgable. There's approximately 1.5 seconds for the item to spawn into formation, and another 1 second to drop down onto a player. within 2.5 seconds, if you aren't gone from there and you get hit, that's the players fault, and is hardly "undodgable". It's undodgable if you try to react AFTER you see that it's a bomb, but that's about it. 2.5 Seconds... is a lot of time considering that some mixups are a difference of 5 frames(which is roughly an 1/8th of a second).

I disproved to you that items are game breaking because every item in the game can be avoided, just like every final smash can be avoided. There is just a level of difficulty and skill needed to do so.

So please tell me again how I did not disprove anything you said?

Kikkoman

time to throw in the towel

As I said... most communities ban something for being broken. Smash players ban something because "they don't like it".
Good point, I never thought about it that way, but that's the way I'm used to playing and that's how regular competitive smash is played. That's why I was suggesting no items should be used. Of course this all depends on what the nature of this Brawl tournament is, casual, competitive, or wanting to practice a new format of competitive play which involves items. As I said before, it doesn't matter what you, or I say, it's up to chinoy.

Please stop calling me narrowminded or otherwise insulting my intelligence. I accept your arguments, there. It's basically saying you win. lol.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kikkoman on October 27, 2008, 09:52:30 PM
time to throw in the towel

Good point, I never thought about it that way, but that's the way I'm used to playing and that's how regular competitive smash is played. That's why I was suggesting no items should be used. Of course this all depends on what the nature of this Brawl tournament is, casual, competitive, or wanting to practice a new format of competitive play which involves items. As I said before, it doesn't matter what you, or I say, it's up to chinoy.

Please stop calling me narrowminded or otherwise insulting my intelligence. I accept your arguments, there. It's basically saying you win. lol.

We're the people that influence JT, because he's a useless hack.

Mizuki

P.S.S. "Because it's a fighting game and the idea is the same. Where is the chip damage in Tekken? Where is the power meters in VF?
Good job though at trying to dodge the subject of you not knowing anything about "fighting games" in general by trying to claim that the comparison isn't there." The only thing Brawl has in common with the fighting games you mentioned is that characters hit each other(like a fight). Other than that in no other fighting game do you see the objective of "KNOCK HIM OFF THE MAP, TOP BOTTOM LEFT AND RIGHT(not even soul calibur, where you can only fall down)" or items, there's Nintendo innovation for you. Brawl is not your generic fighting game and should not be compared to them.

Oooookay, Brawl is a fighting game and has the basics of a fighting game. Zoning, poking, rushdown, turtling, runaway. Obviously, there's no game that has the "knock them off different directions other than horizontally." I'll give you that as an original thing Brawl used (but Fatal Fury series had the knock off stage feature first, although was not the only way to KO). And there's no such thing as a generic fighting game, that statement totally shows that you are ignorant, and uneducated in fighting games. And items, sorry Samurai Showdown 1+2 (what PyronIkari stated earlier...) had items.

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kikkoman on October 27, 2008, 10:22:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whK6CxaRE6E for the lulz

All that video shows me is exactly what I said. He easily had time to dodge, but he did what he shouldn't have... *assumed he won*. He probably got the hit and was like "oh I won" and stopped paying attention or caring. That's his fault... not the items.

Kikkoman

Hey, hey what's with the hostile atitudes, I already admitted defeat. Notice caption next to the video was "for the lulz" just saying it was a funny thing. And guys I already said I don't really know much about other fighting games, not because I'm ignorant, but because fighting games aren't really my cup of tea. I play Smash Bros because it has party/social elements to it as well as competitive in one ball(first time was at a 2nd grade birthday party). I also play MMORPGs, FPSs, etc.

Lol this is also a really late statement but you guys totally misinterpreted me when I was talking about the ban on MetaKnight. Please read my wording carefully "Also JTchinoy would we be considering a possible ban on Metaknight? There have been quite a few discussions of it on smashboards and even a stickied thread with 400+ replies http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197057 There's also a poll here>>http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200718." It was a question, and I wasn't saying: "OMG PLZ BAN METAKNIGHT HE'S TOO IMBA". I was just wondering if Metaknight would be banned since some places have banned him(although I highly doubt that he will be banned from all tourneys anytime soon).

On a side note, notice Lucario was taunting after Luigi was sky high. Don't tell me you guys never taunt after you've won a close match. I would just feel a little pissed off though that a close match ending in sudden death, all the hard effort to get that last hit was just wasted by one moment of map generated defeat. It wasn't like a skillful move on Luigi's part, just a map generated thing, I guess you'd get used to it if you were playing with items. Haha, sh*t happens. Either way I found it hilarious.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kikkoman on October 27, 2008, 08:46:43 PM

Either way I hope JTchinoy comes here and makes a conclusion about items.
I'll be honest with you.  Not to burst your bubble nor anyone elses, I don't care at the moment whos point is more valid.  I was actually about to post "row row row your boat" until I saw you wanted my conclusion.  I stated before and I'll state again that I'm on the fence and sitting here for a good while until I decide whether or not Fanime should be competitive or fun.  I am pretty damn sure that fun = 1v1 item tourney and 1v1v1v1 final smash only brawl.  If I feel that competitive is in the best interest of Fanime, which I'm having a lot of trouble justifying at the moment since Fanime = fun, I'll come back to read over everything and consult smashboards/evo/srk/the gaming staff.  Hell maybe I'll just throw 1 competitive and 1 fun tournament.  We'll see.

The funniest shit about this thread is that Mikey is defending brawl as a fighting game.  I figured he'd say "Brawl isn't a fighting game, it's a party/brawl game. /discussion"

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kikkoman

^^^lol I totally called that(hope this post doesn't count as a junk post)

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 27, 2008, 09:54:04 PM

We're the people that influence JT, because he's a useless hack.
That's cool Mikey.  I love you too.  Yes homo.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Blue Impulse

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 27, 2008, 11:45:10 PM

I'll be honest with you.  Not to burst your bubble nor anyone elses, I don't care at the moment whos point is more valid.  I was actually about to post "row row row your boat" until I saw you wanted my conclusion.  I stated before and I'll state again that I'm on the fence and sitting here for a good while until I decide whether or not Fanime should be competitive or fun.  I am pretty damn sure that fun = 1v1 item tourney and 1v1v1v1 final smash only brawl.  If I feel that competitive is in the best interest of Fanime, which I'm having a lot of trouble justifying at the moment since Fanime = fun, I'll come back to read over everything and consult smashboards/evo/srk/the gaming staff.  Hell maybe I'll just throw 1 competitive and 1 fun tournament.  We'll see.

The funniest shit about this thread is that Mikey is defending brawl as a fighting game.  I figured he'd say "Brawl isn't a fighting game, it's a party/brawl game. /discussion"

Competitive is fun.

Kikkoman, I applaud you for your efforts, very nice try, but ignorance in numbers conquers all.

Also, did you ever go the melee bi-weeklys?

<- Captain Funch
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

Quote from: Blue Impulse on October 30, 2008, 07:49:59 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on October 27, 2008, 11:45:10 PM

Competitive is fun.

Kikkoman, I applaud you for your efforts, very nice try, but ignorance in numbers conquers all.

Also, did you ever go the melee bi-weeklys?

<- Captain Funch

Okay, I'm tired of being nice, and I'm in a really crappy mood.

You're the one who is ignorant, and even if I didn't call you that, insulting ME as a person who is trying to actually talk and come up with a debate about this stuff, but I'm getting nothing to work with except LOL ITEMS SUCK YOU'RE IGNORANT. Calling me and Mikey and people against your own ideas and how Brawl should be ran ignorant is so dumb, it's totally illogical. Since JT is probablly running these tourneys, and he's given a response of what he's going to do, this thread is locked until further notice, or when JT PMs me.