Avatar The Last Airbender gathering 2009

Started by ZukoLKirafan1, July 11, 2008, 02:36:31 PM

ZukoLKirafan1

I hope all went well at Fanime. I would love if you could post stories or events or just an overall review of the gathering! ^___^

Link to forum for info on group pictures: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7748.0/topicseen.html

COSPLAY LIST!
Suijinkou: Katara (undecided)
Suiseiseki: Original Toph
Linkx: Toph
Aderu: Jun
tasan84: Mai
ZukoLKirafan1: Lolita Katara
autumnsnow55: 3 Azula costumes
SharkTongue: Season 3 Aang
iAnimePHr34k: Mai
Possible Zuko

THE A:TLA GATHERING WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAYAT 3:30 PM THIS IS THE OFFICIAL GATHERING TIME! HOPE WE ALL HAVE FUN AT FANIME!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE PM ME, THE GATHERING COORDINATOR, OR SUISEISEKI,GATHERING COORDINATOR ASSISTANT. THANK YOU! :D

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Amelia Seyruun

Dude, I am so there. >:|

I'm gonna cosplay original Toph and she's my first Avatar character ever. 

And anywhere at the convention center would be fine with me, but maybe it's best if the gathering was done /outside/.  Where I can get a feel for the earth. =D
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

ZukoLKirafan1

Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on July 17, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

And anywhere at the convention center would be fine with me, but maybe it's best if the gathering was done /outside/.  Where I can get a feel for the earth. =D

Awesome! Can't wait to see your cosplay! Do you have a day you would like to attend? ^___^

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on July 17, 2008, 11:39:42 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to see your cosplay! Do you have a day you would like to attend? ^___^

I dunno, hard to say.  Because I'm also gonna be part of the Bleach and Naruto gatherings, so it all depends on what the schedule is gonna be.  @.@
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

ZukoLKirafan1

Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on July 18, 2008, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on July 17, 2008, 11:39:42 AM

I dunno, hard to say.  Because I'm also gonna be part of the Bleach and Naruto gatherings, so it all depends on what the schedule is gonna be.  @.@

Thanks for lettin' me know! ^__^

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Suijinkou

I'm planning on cosplaying Katara..Not sure which one of her outfits yet. I don't even know if I'll make it in time for Fanime since I have other cosplays to make for my senior project. If I do finish the costume I'll be there ^^! Or try. If not I'll be sure to attend to get to know the other Avatar cosplayers and get lots of awesome pictures ^^!!

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: Suijinkou on August 03, 2008, 04:15:34 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying Katara..Not sure which one of her outfits yet. I don't even know if I'll make it in time for Fanime since I have other cosplays to make for my senior project. If I do finish the costume I'll be there ^^! Or try. If not I'll be sure to attend to get to know the other Avatar cosplayers and get lots of awesome pictures ^^!!

Awesome. =D

Suiseiseki

WOO! ok, i am now offically coming lol i am going to come as Toph orignal as well :) (sometimes i like being this small because i am able to do certain characters lol)
so anyways! I cant wait! ^^ is there any news on a date and time yet?(i understand if theres not, its early)
Also my friend MIGHT come as katara as well!

Amelia Seyruun

Change of plans!

I switched to cosplaying Fire Nation Toph. 

That is all.   8)

Suiseiseki

Quote from: Amelia Seyruun on November 24, 2008, 08:54:22 AM
Change of plans!

I switched to cosplaying Fire Nation Toph. 

That is all.   8)

OH cool! lol Cant wait to see u there ^^

Linkx

ill bring my toph costume. its pretty bad but i love avatar

Suiseiseki

BSaphire

Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on July 11, 2008, 02:36:31 PM
Hey Guys! So I'm coplaying lolita Katara next year and I want  to attend an Avatar gathering but the thing is I haven't seen any dates when the gathering is going to be so I made this thread to see which dates you guys will be able to go like Friday Saturday etc. You can also wait for the new website to come out and then you could notify me on this thread. ^___^ Let's have as many cosplayers as possible celebrating the end of Avatar. *cries*
P.S. Also tell me where in the convention center is most convenient for you to get to. Thank you!

Konnichiwa ^^)

I was wondering if you are going to be the gathering organizer? If so could you please update your first post with a list of who is coming and as what character? If you are not going to be the gathering organizer, is there someone who is willing to?

Thanks
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Aderu

This is my first time trying to join a gathering and I'm going as June ^_^

Amelia Seyruun

I hate to drop the bombshell on this but after thinking it over, I decided to drop Toph from my cosplay list.   :-\      As much as I was looking forward to it, the contacts are expensive (no contacts, no perfect Toph), and I need to save up as much as I can for convention, which is why I'll be doing much easier cosplays instead.   But it looks like we still have two Tophs, so I'll drop by and take pictures of everyone.  ;D

tasan84

I'll going to be at the gathering! I was wondering if someone was going to start a post about it.

I missed the last gathering because I was at AA selling stuff. This would be my second time cosplaying. I'm in the planning process of cosplaying as Mai. My biggest challenge would have to be the wig since I'm since a newb on styling wigs. I'm probably going to ask one of my friends to help me out with it.

I'm planning on being there at Fanime for the whole weekend so I don't mind which day. ^^ Nice meeting everyone.

ZukoLKirafan1

Gomen Nasai! Haven't been on the forums much lately! ^___^; I will be the gathering organizer and I will see if I can get another fellow fan to help me. I will post the list of cosplayers very soon! ^__^

Quote from: BSaphire on December 04, 2008, 09:28:16 AM
Quote from: ZukoLKirafan1 on July 11, 2008, 02:36:31 PM
Hey Guys! So I'm coplaying lolita Katara next year and I want  to attend an Avatar gathering but the thing is I haven't seen any dates when the gathering is going to be so I made this thread to see which dates you guys will be able to go like Friday Saturday etc. You can also wait for the new website to come out and then you could notify me on this thread. ^___^ Let's have as many cosplayers as possible celebrating the end of Avatar. *cries*
P.S. Also tell me where in the convention center is most convenient for you to get to. Thank you!

Konnichiwa ^^)

I was wondering if you are going to be the gathering organizer? If so could you please update your first post with a list of who is coming and as what character? If you are not going to be the gathering organizer, is there someone who is willing to?

Thanks
BSaphire

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

Natsumi

My best option is Monday because: Friday is reserved for another cosplay, I will not be at Fanime on Saturday, and my friends and I will be at the Bleach gathering on Sunday.     :o

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: Natsumi on January 24, 2009, 04:08:44 AM
My best option is Monday because: Friday is reserved for another cosplay, I will not be at Fanime on Saturday, and my my friends and I will be at the Bleach gathering on Sunday.     :o

=O

tasan84

QuoteAlright guys, so I'm thinking I'll set the gathering on Sunday at 4:30 P.M. at the Convention Center entrance near the fountain. ^__^

That would work for me if that's official. :D I can't do Monday because I have to check out of my hotel by noon. I was deciding to do the Bleach gathering as well, but after what happening to me last con, I'm not going to do it. I learned that smaller gatherings are more friendlier than the bigger ones.