I got my braces!

Started by JohnnyAR, July 25, 2008, 12:24:24 PM

JohnnyAR

I'm going to a doctor's appointment this weekend to see if I have any cavities, I don't have any than I could get my braces a couple days later! I'm so happy, because I really need them! I can live with the the pain. But what's even more exciting is when I get them off, then my teeth will be perfect! Its because my crooked teeth why I'm not very confident in myself in asking a girl out, when I get them off I won't have to worry about anybody staring at my crooked teeth when I talk and I won't be afraid to smile anymore. I've waited 7 years for this day to come! I really hope I don't have any cavities or I'll have to wait a little bit longer. Wish me luck!

~ Johnny Andres Rodriguez

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

TC X0 Lt 0X

No reason at all...

But in all seriousness, her teeth straitened out "naturally", or so she says...

But she isn't a dentists, so don't trust her.

But then again, don't trust doctors either, as they will drain you of every last penny you own...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

XpHoBiaX

I need braces. lol Or rather, I feel I do.

But the last experience at the Dentist...you couldn't get me into see one if my life depended on it. (Wich it does...unfortunately)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

astroboy

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on July 26, 2008, 12:14:45 AM
I need braces. lol Or rather, I feel I do.

But the last experience at the Dentist...you couldn't get me into see one if my life depended on it. (Wich it does...unfortunately)
Dentists are like auto-mechanics
They're really good at finding things that need to be fixed.  :D

Kazuko

I had braces :U it was not hawt

tightening hurts and sometimes food gets stuck grosssssss

then you get a retainer and well in my case i gots a metal wire on the lower part of my teeth :U permanent retainer they say

rude32

If you can, go with invisalign. It's like wearing a mouth guard all the time, and you can take it out when you eat and drink, and it's hardly noticeable.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

SOawesomeness

Braces suck. Unless you have teeth that are pretty close to where it should be.

Freaking retainers are a b*tch because if you don't wear them for like, the rest of your life after braces, then your teeth become ugly again. Wear your retainers after your braces. For at least a year or two straight. o.0;; IMO.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

K-ayu

I had braces...and headgear...and now retainers. It's strange because I feel that I could've lived my life just fine without them. O__o

The worst part about braces besides the fact that it's difficult to clean your teeth at times, is when your gum gets caught in the back brackets. That can tear out pieces of your cheek like it did my brother D:

JohnnyAR

Everybody I have an announcement, I got my braces well not really they haven't put in the wires yet. Well the bad part is that I can't have soda anymore :'( I have to cut my food so that makes eating less enjoyable. But if its to have perfect teeth, then make it so!

Quote from: K-ayu on July 29, 2008, 02:37:23 PM
The worst part about braces besides the fact that it's difficult to clean your teeth at times, is when your gum gets caught in the back brackets. That can tear out pieces of your cheek like it did my brother D:

The cleaning is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on July 29, 2008, 01:48:43 AM

Freaking retainers are a b*tch because if you don't wear them for like, the rest of your life after braces, then your teeth become ugly again. Wear your retainers after your braces. For at least a year or two straight. o.0;; IMO.

So I just have to wear them for a couple years starigh or the rest of my life which is it ???

K-ayu

Hmm, I ate whatever I felt like with braces. However, I avoided gum (I never really liked it anyway since my jaws tire easily). Thankfully, I now only chew it when I am out of Listerine strips and desperate for fresh breath.

If you drink soda on a daily basis or so, yeah, you probably should cut down on that. Coffee, as well since it stains your teeth. I think just looking at those teeth of whom people chose not to take care of is warning enough.

Of what I know, the orthodontist recommends wearing your retainers every night for so long and then slowly weaning off of them to a couple times a week. However, I'm sure to keep your pearly whites nice and straight, it'd be wise to continuously wear them for the rest of your life (at night is fine enough). You don't want to risk your teeth shifting and then going back for braces again :-X

On another note, I remember a friend with her vampire teeth. Two top and two bottom ones protruded like fangs and I was disappointed when she had them fixed. Darn. :P

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on July 29, 2008, 02:57:21 PM
Everybody I have an announcement, I got my braces well not really they haven't put in the wires yet. Well the bad part is that I can't have soda anymore :'( I have to cut my food so that makes eating less enjoyable. But if its to have perfect teeth, then make it so!

Quote from: K-ayu on July 29, 2008, 02:37:23 PM

The cleaning is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on July 29, 2008, 01:48:43 AM

So I just have to wear them for a couple years starigh or the rest of my life which is it ???
You poor bastard...
Best of luck.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Man, they pulled out four of my teeth, one on each side. top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.

Quote from: K-ayu on July 29, 2008, 07:38:28 PM
Hmm, I ate whatever I felt like with braces. However, I avoided gum (I never really liked it anyway since my jaws tire easily). Thankfully, I now only chew it when I am out of Listerine strips and desperate for fresh breath.

If you drink soda on a daily basis or so, yeah, you probably should cut down on that. Coffee, as well since it stains your teeth. I think just looking at those teeth of whom people chose not to take care of is warning enough.

Of what I know, the orthodontist recommends wearing your retainers every night for so long and then slowly weaning off of them to a couple times a week. However, I'm sure to keep your pearly whites nice and straight, it'd be wise to continuously wear them for the rest of your life (at night is fine enough). You don't want to risk your teeth shifting and then going back for braces again :-X

On another note, I remember a friend with her vampire teeth. Two top and two bottom ones protruded like fangs and I was disappointed when she had them fixed. Darn. :P

Is it ok to have a one diet soda per day or should I cut back on that too, because I'm not allowed to drink normal soda anymore :'(
Is it ok to have ice cream? I can't live without it D: It sucks that I can't eat corn on the cob and popcorn anymore. NOOOOOOOOOOO not popcorn!

K-ayu

Wow, was it to make room in your mouth? I've only had two teeth pulled before. I'll probably have two more pulled in the near future. >.>

You can still have soda, just every now and then, haha. I don't know that diet soda will have a different effect - I'd probably treat it as the same as regular though. Ice cream should be perfectly fine. Instead of corn on the cob, you can either a) cut them off of the cob (I did that a couple times XD ) or b) eat canned corn. Popcorn should be okay also, but you'll decide how often you'll eat that since it'll be you cleaning your teeth...yeah, that's an unfortunate habit -_-

I think all of the food restrictions for braces were created as extra precautions for broken brackets. Sure, they may come off if you eat certain foods or chew gum frequently, but really, it's just common sense. Don't worry too much about your diet besides soda on a daily basis - you'll be fine  :)

JohnnyAR

I guess it was to make room, but shit four teeth!? That was not cool man, my mouth was sucking aching so much that I took pain killers now and then. So what you're saying is that I can eat all those foods as long as I'm careful? Hooray!