Watcha' watching?

Started by CloudStrife546, August 21, 2003, 12:01:15 PM

Hououji Fuu

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
MKR?  I personally liked the anime better.  The manga felt far too rushed.  A story as grand as that should get some exposition.  I believe a full-lengthed TV series really did it justice. *shrugs*

...well since MKR was their first successful manga, I think they were still kind of progressing in their art and so hence the rushed feel. I myself loved both the anime and manga (um, duh, look at my avatar and signature XD I'm a freak and a way-too-harcore fan)... but if I had to choose I'd go for the anime... more fillers to flesh out the characters, more fulfilling storyline (26 episodes instead of 3 manga novels)... plus the voice acting (especially in the second season) was awesome ^_^

...just my (rabid fan) two cents.

Hey, remember me? I was the whiny kid in the Suu costume :D

SuperKawaiiNeko

The art was horrendous, and the animation wasent exactly stellar either. They also changed the story. (something that I hate hate hate hate HATE when people do that!) I havent seen all of the anime, but an important character dies in the anime, and she doesnt in the manga. (names have been left out to protect the innocent (ie, people who havent seen/read it)) What did they do? Just completely erase her from Rayearth 2? No. No no no. You just dont DO stuff like that.

Yes, the manga could have been longer. But dont you say that about every anime/manga you really like? Also, the "extra" encounters were one of the things I didnt like so much about the anime. I mean, some of them were alright, but others were just plain stupid, and pointless! I mean, take that one episode about "fluffy" (I think thats what Hikaru called him...) That episode had absolutely nothing to do with anything! Much LESS having something to do with the STORY! I mean, if there had been some sort of self contained plot to the episode, or had been part of some sort of self containted story arc that spanned two or three episodes, that might have been ok. But it didnt! It was just filler. Hikaru finds cute animal. Cute animal turns into giant monster and attacks. Knights kill giant monster. Everyone cries cause they killed the cute animal.

Come ON! Wheres the plot? Wheres the story? Wheres the REAL drama? I dont even think Ascot or Caldina (whoevers turn was up at the time) made an appearance in that episode!

I personally dont feel that it was rushed. Short, perhaps. I wish it was a bit longer, but it didnt feel it was rushed.

Anyway, I you can REALLY tell the difference between MKR, and the anime that CLAMP had more of a hand in (like CCS and Chobits.) The MKR anime didnt even come close to doing justice to the manga.

At least the music was good! (all CLAMP anime ALWAYS has good music)
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

kei

about that fluffy episode, i cannot really remember but i though it tell you either how bad is the mkr enemy or how bad mkr need to save the world.
well i still prefer to see "extra" episode (already get used to it) rather than having to see 5 minute review of last episode in every episode.  It's totally annoying.
anyway, is there going to be chobits ost 3?  I'm looking for upbeat song where hideki was looking for chii for the first time (she was drag by someone to work at ...) .

Hououji Fuu

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"The art was horrendous, and the animation wasent exactly stellar either. They also changed the story. (something that I hate hate hate hate HATE when people do that!) I havent seen all of the anime, but an important character dies in the anime, and she doesnt in the manga. (names have been left out to protect the innocent (ie, people who havent seen/read it)) What did they do? Just completely erase her from Rayearth 2? No. No no no. You just dont DO stuff like that.

Yes, the manga could have been longer. But dont you say that about every anime/manga you really like? Also, the "extra" encounters were one of the things I didnt like so much about the anime. I mean, some of them were alright, but others were just plain stupid, and pointless! I mean, take that one episode about "fluffy" (I think thats what Hikaru called him...) That episode had absolutely nothing to do with anything! Much LESS having something to do with the STORY! I mean, if there had been some sort of self contained plot to the episode, or had been part of some sort of self containted story arc that spanned two or three episodes, that might have been ok. But it didnt! It was just filler. Hikaru finds cute animal. Cute animal turns into giant monster and attacks. Knights kill giant monster. Everyone cries cause they killed the cute animal.

Come ON! Wheres the plot? Wheres the story? Wheres the REAL drama? I dont even think Ascot or Caldina (whoevers turn was up at the time) made an appearance in that episode!

I personally dont feel that it was rushed. Short, perhaps. I wish it was a bit longer, but it didnt feel it was rushed.

Anyway, I you can REALLY tell the difference between MKR, and the anime that CLAMP had more of a hand in (like CCS and Chobits.) The MKR anime didnt even come close to doing justice to the manga.

At least the music was good! (all CLAMP anime ALWAYS has good music)

...the character you're talking about isn't the only one who dies in the anime. And the second who dies isn't a she but is played by the same seiyuu XD how sad... And actually, I don't mind the plot changes. Maybe I'm just weird, but I felt that it added to the individual charm of the anime... looking at it as a SEPARATE entity than the manga. If you try to make it exactly the same you'll never be happy. On its own I really enjoyed it :P

And anyway, the 'fluffy' encounter was so that we could get an idea of the power behind one of Zagato's minions... and it showed us how naive Hikaru was, which we could then gather might be a disadvantage later on LOL

Anyways, I'm not here to get into some kind of "the MKR anime anime sucked" argument because quite frankly I don't feel that at all, and I don't even want to get started. My point is that both the manga and the anime were good fun in their own ways, and fans of either one didn't have anything to be disappointed in. ^^V

Hey, remember me? I was the whiny kid in the Suu costume :D