Vampire Knight Gathering '09

Started by Kanzake, August 02, 2008, 12:52:02 PM

Kanzake

Already attending, but yano im just making this gathering for the people who want specific pics requested and junk. I have a feeling the shojo beat gathering will be hellish with lots of people ^^;
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

BSaphire

Quote from: Kanzake on December 02, 2008, 04:27:35 PM
Already attending, but yano im just making this gathering for the people who want specific pics requested and junk. I have a feeling the shojo beat gathering will be hellish with lots of people ^^;
This is the Beat gatherings 2nd year. Though I had close to 40 sign up last year I had only 25 show up (due in part to the entire OHHS group never showed) and VK showed up in full force. Needless to say VK has a special place in my heart  :-* The Jump gathering has had 60 cospeeps for the last 3 years and someone is bringing a mega phone for me to use this year *Yeah talk about crazy! Crazy Fun!

My shout out was to let VK peeps know that there is another opportunity for them to show off their VK cosplay. I always recommend to hold your own gathering.... btw... the time is not set hard and fast on Beat and could move. Cosplay Masq was on Sat last year and I believe it will stay there so I set the Beat gathering early enough for changes for Masq. VK peeps have a time that would better suit to attend both then feel free to post it on the Beat thread along with the character they will be wearing.. oh and put down that you are a VK cospeep too ^^)

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Kanzake

Hmm i cant remember last year but i thought the masqurade was switched around due to AnCafe? o-o;

Yunri-Chan

Quote from: Kanzake on December 02, 2008, 07:11:30 PM
Hmm i cant remember last year but i thought the masqurade was switched around due to AnCafe? o-o;

Yeah, that's what I heard from everyone too. I thought they assumed the masq was on Sundays by default unless some big event was officially announced for Sunday evening..
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

kimu

It would be nice if the VK gathering could be close enough to the SB gathering....I'd love to be at both, if possible.
I have a number of cosplays planned for Fanime, and Headmaster Cross isn't one I'll wear for the whole day.
(Begs apologies. :D )

sky-chan

Yeah. I hope they're close together, too. That way, I could possibly get them both over with in one shot and not have to keep checking my cell phone every few minutes so I know I'm not going to be late. Besides, I really don't want to have to rush over in a skirt. It's unbelievably easy to lose track of time inside the hall.

Kanzake

Well if most people feel that way ill check the times for the SB gathering and we can have it either after, or 30 mins after. However, just hoping not on masq day you know. ^^;

sky-chan

Yeah, the masquerade will certainly put a dent in things. Hopefully, we won't have to compete with it, and lose our precious cospeeps. That would suck. XD;

sky-chan

Speaking of suckage, life sucks. I'm sorry, but something came up and I am now unable to cosplay this year. I can still probably come by and take pictures of you all, but I can't actually participate. Again really sorry, and I hope to join in some other time.

Kanzake

Quote from: sky-chan on December 16, 2008, 09:37:38 PM
Speaking of suckage, life sucks. I'm sorry, but something came up and I am now unable to cosplay this year. I can still probably come by and take pictures of you all, but I can't actually participate. Again really sorry, and I hope to join in some other time.

Sorry to hear, if the situation changes again please let me know :) Feel free to stop by and mingle with the rest of us, the more the merrier ;D

Kanzake

Due to suggestions, im gonna throw these out here for you guys to decide.

Pictures in the twilight would provide perfect lighting/mood for VKG gathering. However not everyone can make it one day or another. Suggestions have been thrown out via AIM and others and this is what I got. Feedback is welcomed and if not this might end up as whats going to happen.

Informal gathering on Saturday - prior to masqurade & Shojo Beat gathering. which means itll be in the day sometime.

Official Gathering on Sat evening (around twilight time, i love the colors x3 [which would mean people not going to masqurade]) OR Sunday at the twilight time.

Feedback is definately welcome. So shoot.

kimu

Yeah!
This would be good....I want to be able to join the gatherings, but with our planning to be in the Masquerade--and if that is Saturday as appears likely--the whole Saturday thing is going to be challenging. I can't be running around as Headmaster Kaien Cross in the afternoon on Saturday.
If the Shojo Beat gathering is at 1:30, I don't think I'll even be able to join that.

But if there was something earlier on Satuday, then I could show up with Kaien and still have time to get ready for the Masq stuff.

An early evening shoot would be great for the VK official gathering, I agree.
If the official gathering is Sunday evening, it might be possible for me to be there for that....

Yunri-Chan

Kanzake: Just for clarification, is that assuming that the masquerade is on Saturday not Sunday?
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Kanzake

Quote from: Yunri-Chan on December 20, 2008, 08:12:46 PM
Kanzake: Just for clarification, is that assuming that the masquerade is on Saturday not Sunday?

Indeed

Yunri-Chan

Okay good, I'm for that then! (I'd personally like the gathering to be on masquerade day, since I'm doing VK for it :P)

Although I'm sad about missing the twilight shoot... :[[ oh well <3
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Kanzake

everyone luffs the idea for the twilight lighting ;D

BSaphire

Happy Holidays VK peeps!

I wanted to let you know that Cosplay Masq is on Saturday. That isn't a maybe it is the answer that the Live Prog. gave me when I asked him. As for Shojo Beat... I have had requests to move it earlier. Right now I am waiting to see where Bleach and Naruto gatherings are before I commit to any other time because of the large numbers at both of those gatherings.

The twilight time is a great time to do a gathering! It will leave some unable to attend... but I see cool pics from the lighting :P

Be safe over the holidays and I will see you here on the forums when I get back from LA after the 5th.
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

I think Bleach is looking at Sunday? And isn't Shojo Beat on Saturday?
Sorry for being confused!
:)

BunofGovt

I think B has the Shojo Beat gathering tentative for Saturday at 1:30pm.  Since the Masq will be on Saturday, I don't know if she will try to push it earlier on Saturday.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on December 21, 2008, 10:48:09 PM
I think Bleach is looking at Sunday? And isn't Shojo Beat on Saturday?
Sorry for being confused!
:)

yeah Bleach is looking at Sunday sometime either at 12:00 or 2:00 or in between - Saturday isn't any option for me to host it since I'm going to be in the masquerade this year (as well as Kimu :3 ).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)