Vampire Knight Gathering '09

Started by Kanzake, August 02, 2008, 12:52:02 PM

Akila_Ishtar

Awesome, looks like Oathkeeper already signed us up! :3 Can't wait, this group is going to be huge. X3 I agree that a twilight photoshoot might be spiffy! (As long as we make sure there is enough light for  high quality photos and such! )

kimu

If some have good enough cameras, you can get some fun pics.
Some of us were up at the San Jose Christmas festival and went over to the con center outside for some silly pictures, and they came out great with some fun lighting!

Kanzake

Are you going to be bringing the awesomely sexy sword of kaien? Lulz :3
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

kimu

I did debut a "wearable enough" Headmaster Cross at the ALA Vampire Knight gathering, and enjoyed the fun.  (Considering I moved up the debut from May to January? gaaaaaaaaah!)
But...I have a...vow with someone about not reading scanlations for this series, so I don't know yet what's coming up if it hasn't been printed in Shojo Beat magazine.
And I have a major challenging costume I want done by AX from another series, along with a secondary fun one. So I don't know if I would have time or ability to get whatever is coming up for Kaien Cross done until maybe over the summer?
(And I still think I am going to find out I've been typecast again for my cosplays with this character from the hints I've been hearing....there's a certain Kitty picked this one for me....)
But we'll see.
At least I will do my best to attend the gatherings as a pre-whatever-transformed-sword-carrying Kaien Cross....
:)

Kanzake

I need an opinion from people D: And im not going to pm everyone cuz its too many i just hope you guys look lol. How does Sunday around 6 or 7 sound? that sound be around when the sun sets/starts to set. the unofficial can still be at sat prior to masq, just wont be as big/long.

Oathkeeper

fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

Charis

According to the calculators I've found, sunset will be at 8:15 on that Sunday. How long does sunset take?  I have no idea.  BUT JUST FYI.

*falls back out of the thread*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

kimu

If the shoot is 6-7 you're going to start getting the nice evening glow with lower angle light, although that will be balanced by buildings blocking the sun at some point. Also, obviously, if it's a cloudy day....you might then get that early dark gloom--which would be gothically appropriate.

As for Saturday, I'm still hoping B can move the Shojo Beat gathering up a couple hours. I'd like to be there for that, but with the Masq preparations, that 1:30 is not going to work for me.
I'll see if I can 'be back' for VK on Sunday, but I've got 2 other cosplays, so we'll see....

videogirlc

If the Masq is on Saturday then the sunday thing works best for me.

Charis

Masq is confirmed for Saturday, despite the lack of official announcements.  Yay, connections.

(Yes, Kanzake, I am totally stalking your thread now.  :P )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Kanzake

Quote from: Charis on January 09, 2009, 09:55:16 PM
Masq is confirmed for Saturday, despite the lack of official announcements.  Yay, connections.

(Yes, Kanzake, I am totally stalking your thread now.  :P )

Lol go for it :3 stalk away. it just bumps it back up to the top of the threads ;D

UsakoMinako

If I can get this in, yeah sunday twilight might be best. Masq will draw some of us away from the pool. What great way to end the weekend ^_^

Kanzake

Ok this is last call to throw in your opinions.

Im about ready to message B and let her know.

Sunday 6 or 6:30 PM - Fountains Hilton Side.

Thats the official, we can work out unofficial stuff later. LAST OPINION NOTICE! :3

Yunri-Chan

Wait wait, but last time you said both the gathering and shoot were going to be on masquerade day (see pg 6) :O

So that sudden switch kind of changes everything >.<
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Kanzake

Well ive been getting some IMs, a lot of people dig the Twilight shoot. However sat is masq so that is out of the question. We can have an unofficial gat on sat for those who cannot make it to sunday evening. The sat shoot would be prior to masq by a lot (oh dear i hope we dont burn under the sun). I've decided if we have it on sunday night towards the end of the gatherings, then itd be more likely more people can go, since it doesnt conflict with anything else at the moment with most people who actually keep contact. If youd like to throw in your 2 cents, youre more than welcome to, i havent requested anything yet. It was just as a notification for people who read the forums.

BSaphire

Quote from: Kanzake on January 24, 2009, 12:48:41 PM
Well ive been getting some IMs, a lot of people dig the Twilight shoot. However sat is masq so that is out of the question. We can have an unofficial gat on sat for those who cannot make it to sunday evening. The sat shoot would be prior to masq by a lot (oh dear i hope we dont burn under the sun). I've decided if we have it on sunday night towards the end of the gatherings, then itd be more likely more people can go, since it doesnt conflict with anything else at the moment with most people who actually keep contact. If youd like to throw in your 2 cents, youre more than welcome to, i havent requested anything yet. It was just as a notification for people who read the forums.
Hi there VK Peeps ^^)

Just thought I'd throw some info out here for everyone. When I did my Irvine private shoot I waited till an hour before sunset so 7 pm sounds like a good time to start a twilight shoot, however if you are planning on attending the B&W Ball it may conflict with the beginning of that.

I was thinking of moving the Beat gathering to either 11:00 am on Saturday or 6 pm on Sunday. Sounds like Sunday @ 6 pm would be a great time for a lot of VK cospeeps, but I am not sure about the other Beat groups. Please note your preferences on the Beat thread so that other Beat peeps can weigh in on the time.

Hugs
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

If the official or a secondary gathering VK shoot could be right after the SBeat shoot on Sunday (if that is set for 6), that would make it awesomely easy for me.
That's my vote.

But I'll keep working around what is best for the majority of the group.

KuroOokami

Depending on the wig I get a hold of, I will surely attend this gathering as either Takuma or Hanabusa. Depends on which day its held on, though, in the end, since I've got two groups on Saturday and my cosplay for the contest is going to take me some time to prepare for, hehe.

I'll post my final character when I acquire a proper wig, hah! Good chance it will be Takuma, but I will have to see. =) Either way, count me in! I haven't worn my Night Class outfit in a while, so it will be nice to bring it out again!

Kanzake

First post modified, bump for new information to the people who check the thread >:/ stop lazing about.

*is being lazy with other cosplay stuff*

Raiha

I'll be attending this time around as Rima, with my boyfriend as Shiki.  Sad that nobody ever goes as that charming couple, but on the other hand, not all cosplayers have a partner that cosplays.  Alas.