2008 OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Started by Silent One, August 03, 2008, 02:22:51 AM

Silent One

Hi, I'm Chinese and would like to say something important, and probably bold, on the behalf of the Chinese on the Fanime fourm. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU SAY CHINA IS A VERY BAD COUNTRY DURING THE OLYMPIC GAMES!!! Even if most of us love China and will support it to death or something, it doesn't mean we will fully support the government or something. It's true that the Chinese government has flaws and whatnot, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world have flaw-free governments. Moreover, when you say something negative about China or its culture, it hurts most of us very deeply. Second, China went through a lot of HELL to even reach its current state. In fact, China had to face European economic takeover (19th Century), war with the Japanese (20th Century), World War II (20th Century), and so many others before it became communist. Now, I am not saying I am pro-communism, but I am actually saying China's government is relatively new and of course has many flaws, just like the early stages of the United States government. So please, first think about the negative comments you wish to say about China first before saying it. Aside from that, you can watch the Olympic games at Fridays at 5AM at Pacific time (GMT -8:00) on CCTV4 live on the link provided. For sure, it would be on it and everything will be live! (Much better than having to wait for NBC or something to start showing it.) Anyway, enjoy the 2008 Olympics and the link I provided!!! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XDU3ePlyH8 <-- just a funny youtube video about the 2008 Olympics

http://www.cctv-4.com/2007/default.asp?videoName=cctv-4_live <-- use this link to watch 2008 Olympics when it starts

SOawesomeness

China was/is hella excited about the Olympics... had a freaking Countdown right near the Forbidden City and sold their merchandise. Freaking 4 merchants would come up to me selling the same things every time I went out around Beijing area. >.>

But you gotta love those funky looking monster-mascot things.
Beijing. Wow.

Those streets are like, cleaner than streets in SF with so many people hired to clean the streets. It's awesome.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JTchinoy

I guess I'll be the first to do it.

China is a royal piece of shit country under some shitty communist rule and is undermining American prosperity as it climbs the global ladder. 

Now that I spited you just because you asked otherwise, for a serious reply:

Watching all of the documentaries on Beijing's preparations for the Olympics are amazing.  What they did to design the stadiums is outstanding.  I wish I could be at the Olympics myself to see the new Beijing and their structures.  I'm very proud of China and their commitment to set a new benchmark for Olympic preparations.  I think they very much earned the status of becoming a global contender in the economical world.  I'll be watching the Olympics whenever I can. <3  Banning half the cars in Beijing and shutting down the factories to clean the air for the Olympics? WOW.  Outstanding. :D  Even the community itself has been preparing to be more welcoming to foreigners.  I saw a thing where a taxi driver taught himself basic english so that he can talk a little to people he drives around and help them with suggestions and whatnot.  Even if it is a communist country, the people within it are really amazing for putting so much effort into giving China a great public relations image.  I wish Americans cared this much. :(

Oh, and the U.S. blows ass.  :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

I love the mascots this year and im excited for volleyball and gymnastics GO PERU \o/ but im suprised that china did alot to prepare for the olympic games. D: i wanna go buuut

FREE TIBET FREEE TIBEEEEET

Barnes

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 03, 2008, 08:13:54 AM

Feel free to leave then  :D

And on topic, hmmm, I never actually watched the Olympics before. Better try this year then.
Quote from: Kazuko on August 03, 2008, 09:46:41 AM
FREE TIBET FREEE TIBEEEEET
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

Quote from: Barnes on August 03, 2008, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on August 03, 2008, 08:13:54 AM

Feel free to leave then  :D

I wish I could, but the standard of living in the Philippines still isn't as high as the U.S. yet.  :'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Meh, not an Olympics fan, but more power to those that actually win the medals.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

JTchinoy

get out of the olympic ass kissing thread then.  :P

cant wait for friday!! :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Silent One

LOL... People are already responding to my thread already... I just don't want people to say all Chinese are evil or something. Anyway, I can barely wait for Friday. I hope the links I provided for you guys prove to be useful on watching this! XD

JTchinoy

If I could I'd bleed the Chinese out of me.  :P

Are there going to be people in the mascot uniforms at the opening ceremony?  At a mall here in the philippines, there was a group of kids maybe 4-5 years old dressed up as the olympic mascots. it was so cute.  i wish i had a camera. ><

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 05, 2008, 06:24:08 AM
If I could I'd bleed the Chinese out of me.  :P

Are there going to be people in the mascot uniforms at the opening ceremony?  At a mall here in the philippines, there was a group of kids maybe 4-5 years old dressed up as the olympic mascots. it was so cute.  i wish i had a camera. ><

I HATE YOU SO MUCH JT ;________________________;
China bribes me with their adorible mascots D: I forgot most of their names but the panda is sooo cuute

JohnnyAR

Why did the 49ers v.s. the Raiders game have to be on the same day as the Olympics? Why?! well I'm gonna watch it anyways.

JTchinoy

IIRC the mascots names put together says "welcome to beijing" or "beijing welcomes you"... one of those.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

G.I.R

First, the Chinese government is blocking internet access for the world media, then the want to filter, and censor the outgoing news contents.
Now, they are banning someone from attending for political reasons?

I smell Epic Fail in the making.

JTchinoy

Well communism gets to control.... well... everything.
It's nothing new that their internet is controlled, but to ban an OLYMPIC athlete?! COME ON!!
Still watching the games regardless. XP

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jerry

Okay, time to jump on the bandwagon....

I got Hyped. mostly about gymnastics...

what is more for than watching pre-teens flip around in the air?

awesome.  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

wtf Creek is banned cause hes a darfur activist? this is bull

=( So china is being a hypocrite cause well the olympics stand for unity, world peace and freedom of nations

uhh scuse me when will tibet be free of the communist controll? they already have the next predicessor to the dalai llama captive

Kaura117

I'm blaming the Olympic committee for allowing China to host the games in the first place. Things haven't really begun yet, and you can already smell the stink of failure from this side of the Pacific.

And new government my virginal asshole, Silent One. Drawing a comparison between the "Communist" government and early US history is by far the most illiterate reading I've ever seen of both country's mutual histories. It took a little more than seven years before the inherent problems with the Articles of Confederation were recognized and summarily replaced- in an era where the fastest communication possible between states was the running speed of a good horse. The inherent problems of a totalitarian kleptocracy that's lasted over fifty years now? Not so willingly budged.

Edit: And this is disregarding the absolute idiocy and logical fallacy in attempting to justify one nation's atrocities by claiming that others are doing the same or worse. Britain's CCTV system isn't China's deprivation of its citizen's privacy. China's jailing and murder of political dissidents isn't the USA's disenfranchisement of minority groups. Stop with the fuckawful dimwitted comparisons and take a damn good look at what your nation really is, not what it is in comparison to others.

OMGEdit: And FINALLY, to put the fucking nail on the fucking coffin, the Confucian ethic of unquestioning loyalty to a caste heirarchy has been the cause of countless moments of catastrophic stupidity, malice and general incompetence. In this, it has many similarities with hindu, shinto, and judeochristianity.

You're not any worse than the rest of us. You're just as fucking bad.

otakuapprentice

as soon as they said china was hosting 4 years ago, shit instantly went down the drain.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.