The Girl in the Window

Started by Jun-Watarase, August 03, 2008, 05:01:31 AM

Jun-Watarase

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece

ffffffffff inb4 tl;dr

I won't quote, because this is a pretty long article. It's just utterly unbelievable how a child could develop to be in such a condition. I mean, negligence can only go so far. Age 7, 46lbs., can't speak, can't express herself at all, can't react, and the idea of human interaction is unfathomable to her. A feral child. Read it for yourself, because there's really no way to describe it in whole as effectively as just reading the whole damn thing.

And the mother responsible for all of this is only sentenced 2 years of house arrest and probation, and 100 hours of community service. I admit that many people on the internet tend to be apathetic about events like this, but never have I ever been this disgusted at a human being impersonally, especially when the mother had said, "I'm trying my best!" She undoubtedly must've been mentally retarded solely by the fact that she felt wronged for having her daughter taken away. (IQ of 77, go figure.)

On the bright side, though, this girl was lucky to have found a decent home, a loving family, and progressed more than anyone had hoped for. She even carries around a stuffed glow-worm to keep her company. Too bad the other kid has to sleep in the laundry room. lulz. :U

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on August 03, 2008, 10:53:04 AM
The link is broken BTW ¬_¬

Fix'd.

Guess copy pasta didn't want to register the "ninterest" part of the link.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

TC X0 Lt 0X

I got to say, that is pretty bad.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

Sounds like an actual story rather than an article... but still. That's hecka messed up. The mother's an idiot. D:<
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

to make it quick: no one in the world, good or bad, deserves to be in the condition she was. I'm glad they took her from her mother, and i hope that little girl gets even better.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on August 03, 2008, 01:23:52 PM
The mother's an idiot. D:<
I believe that the article mentions that the mother has an IQ of 70 or something

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

mDuo13

It's terrifying what happens when people that stupid are left alone.

Yuu

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on August 03, 2008, 01:23:52 PM
Sounds like an actual story rather than an article.

Yea, that was total crap.  "Wow, sucks for that kid. But hey, stories sell so lets milk it for all it's worth!"

I wonder who long before there's a movie.

Lactose

that is really horrifying. i dont even know what to say, except thank god for people like her adoptive parents.

except for the kid who has to sleep in the laundry room. i feel bad for him. =(
Lactose = Liz