Weapons/props?

Started by Suijinkou, August 03, 2008, 04:06:37 PM

Suijinkou

Forgive me if this is not in the correct section or if there is already a topic about this already ^^;;

So being that Fanime '09 is going to be my first Fanime experience (YAY) I was wondering about weapons...should I bring some

Peace bonding?

Wooden swords...peace bonded? Allowed? Do they have to be bonded into the sheath itself? What if you don't have a sheath for it?

Metal swords? Even allowed?

Large props? Fake guns? Large fans? etc..

Care to share your experiences with weapons or props? I know there will be information about the weapons policy in the later months, but I just kinda want to know how it was for those who bought 'em to Fanimes past. Going about the con and such.

TC X0 Lt 0X

From my little knowledge on the matter.

Metal weapons = not allowed

Wooden weapon = need peace bond

Others = I believe peace bond depending on what it is

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

Actually you could contact my bosses and our deptartment.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

but we'll repost the info about weapons once the 2009 site gets back up.

ALL PROP WEAPONS are to be inspected by Safety/ SOS /Rovers team

Once inspected WE (Fanime staff) will peace bond the weapon item for you.

NO LIVE STEEL. period.
this means any weapon made of metal with an edge is NOT allowed on the Fanime Concourse (any areas of the convention)

the ONLY exception is weapons bought from the Dealers room. That STAY in the cardboard box and immediately taken into storage.

Again a MORE details weapons policy will eventually be posted but thats some of the 'official' 411.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

No airsoft, no replica weapons.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Nyxyin

I remember a friend being disappointed that the weapons policy last year seemed to say that no whips/floggers are allowed at all.  Is that really the case?  The weapons policy document seemed to be composed rather strangely, and I wasn't sure I understood it.

Jerry

Again quoted for emphasis.

They're still revising the policy for 2009. please be patient thanks.

Quote from: Jerry on August 04, 2008, 10:57:02 AM
Actually you should contact my bosses and our deptartment.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

crazychichi

HOSHI!!!!!  You should have asked me before posting thus...

(...and you didn't tell me you're finally going to go to Fanime!   :( )

But yeah, the emails Jerry gave you would probably be the best to ask.....

-Mamers
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

kjcwashere

Quote from: Steve.Young on August 05, 2008, 12:14:43 AM
No airsoft, no replica weapons.

i don't remember if nerf guns count as a replica weapon...

do they count  ???

Hodge Bodge

Quote from: Suijinkou on August 03, 2008, 04:06:37 PM
Forgive me if this is not in the correct section or if there is already a topic about this already ^^;;

So being that Fanime '09 is going to be my first Fanime experience (YAY) I was wondering about weapons...should I bring some

Peace bonding?

Wooden swords...peace bonded? Allowed? Do they have to be bonded into the sheath itself? What if you don't have a sheath for it?

Metal swords? Even allowed?

Large props? Fake guns? Large fans? etc..

Care to share your experiences with weapons or props? I know there will be information about the weapons policy in the later months, but I just kinda want to know how it was for those who bought 'em to Fanimes past. Going about the con and such.

Any metal weaponry or extra realistic guns are not allowed, toy guns like NERF or foam launcher guns seem to be okay ( I've noticed that orange tipped toy guns are okay if they remain holstered unless you are asked to pose) ,  wooden swords have to be peace bonded to the sheath and/or the costume.   Large props there isn't a whole lot they can do about those so it's best to ask the Staff and Rovers, fans are okay i've seen some very large ones in the past years.  You can always e-mail Fanime from the website after it goes up with any questions and they'll help you out too.
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X