Yaoi Con 2008

Started by Jerry, August 04, 2008, 05:53:51 PM

Yukari Kaiba

ill be going all weekend (4th time going ^^)

Quote from: Jerry on August 13, 2008, 09:27:33 AM
basically u could buy a single day pass (but its a bit on the pricey side)

give or take (rough estimate) is about $30/day or $55 for the weekend

its actually $60 full weekend at the door. curren pre-reg is $50 till the 22nd of this month.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Jerry

damn economy, i hate inflation :P

i still blame Ebner,... i mean bush  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

*Fake Leave Britney Alone Crying Rant*

LEAVE EBNER ALONE *WAHHH* *SOB SOB*

STOP PICKING ON HIM!#*!*!*

*WAHHHHH*

Another note, I will only go, if Mike/Calvin and the crew decide to roll up in that bitch.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Evangelion Xgouki

I'll be going again this year  :).  Though once again I'll be 'working' at the con as one of YCon's bishies >_>

Magical Senpai

If I end up working a weekend OT shift that Saturday, I'll drop in after 6PM seeing as my workplace is literally a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

nycmimo

I would love to go, but flying out to Fanime is going to tear a bigger hole in my pockets as is. *sigh* And I'm a huge yaoi addict.
NYC :: Model :: Mimo
Who should I cosplay?

ININ

I'm attending Saturday and Sunday.  I'm cosplaying as Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Amelia Seyruun

I'll be there.  This will be my fourth time going. 
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

Amelia Seyruun

Quote from: ININ on September 02, 2008, 03:59:29 PM
I'm attending Saturday and Sunday.  I'm cosplaying as Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

How late you are staying Sunday and is there a possibility you could give me a ride back home? 
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

otakuapprentice

if i do end up being able to go, it will be based upon a huge fucking amount of luck.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Evangelion Xgouki

Only 3 more weeks to go...

Which means I need to get cracking on finalizing my auction skit >_>

Paladin Cecil

I've heard that some of the guys who attend wear scantily-clad clothing and like to glomp other male con-goers. What is the clothing (or lack thereof) they wear like and why do they dress like that? Does anyone here participate in that?

kgHapa

hm so seeing as I was a fanime newb this past year I have no idea what yaoi con is. I have a basic idea of what constitutes yaoi (pretty boy on pretty boy romance?) but beyond that this con is news to me, anybody care to explain?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Paladin Cecil on September 10, 2008, 06:47:44 PM
I've heard that some of the guys who attend wear scantily-clad clothing and like to glomp other male con-goers. What is the clothing (or lack thereof) they wear like and why do they dress like that? Does anyone here participate in that?

its Yaoi-con.......the name itself should explain that.

Quote from: Atlus on September 15, 2008, 06:17:15 PM
hm so seeing as I was a fanime newb this past year I have no idea what yaoi con is. I have a basic idea of what constitutes yaoi (pretty boy on pretty boy romance?) but beyond that this con is news to me, anybody care to explain?
go just for the hell of it. its fun anyways(i had fun last year, and it wasn't even planned)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

BunofGovt

Male/Male, doesn't have to be bishies (although that's what most of us drool over).  Best thing might be for you to visit the YaoiCon site at www.yaoicon.com and take a look.

Bweh heh heh ...

Although it's pretty much like any other anime convention except for the concentration on yaoi.  Fans, cosplaying, vendors/dealer room, panels (mostly yaoi centered), bingo, an AMV contest, other contests, art show, oh, and a charity auction.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Yukari Kaiba

@Atlus - well Yaoi Con is an 18+ con dedicated to the yaoi genre. Attendance is mainly by women, but theres always a couple guys there too (as well as the ones that participate in the Bishonen Bingo and the Bishonen Auction). Dealers room has more yaoi and shonenai goods than what you'd normally see at a regular con, and panels dedicated to all things yaoi (went to a History of Yaoi panel once, it was actually pretty interesting). All in all its a really fun con especially since you don't have to deal with the sometimes immature underage fanbase.
basically what everyone else has said ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Mr. Wendell

I go to that con not for its dedicated content, but to meet and hang out with friends, play video games, and give out cake.  8)

Oh yeah, also work the game room, too, even though it's not the CHUG group running it this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Evangelion Xgouki

XpHoBiaX

I have to go to a wedding.  :-\

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

punk_parfait

I'll probably go, lack of children is always amusing. ♥