Kin-Yoobi Con 2008 Hayward

Started by BunofGovt, August 05, 2008, 07:09:53 PM

BunofGovt

http://gzronline.com/kin-yoobi-con2008_main.htm

Anyone going?  Only its second year, come on and support a new anime convention!   :D :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

mDuo13

Friday Con is on a Saturday.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

rude32

Considering I'll be in the area on that day, and I'll actually have money I'll hit it up. I won't be able to get there until about 430, but better late than never.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jerry

Quote from: mDuo13 on August 05, 2008, 08:47:47 PM
Friday Con is on a Saturday.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

As in japanese translation of "Kin-Yoobi" = Friday
when the actualy day of the con is Saturday?...
Is that suppose to be an inside joke? I dont get it.

EDIT-

Well after reading their website, theyre keeping their original name from its humble beginings, but it looks like they are big enough to take up a whole day = Saturday.
Seein how their sponsored by some reputable comapnies (ie, wizards & Viz) and give out free food/lunch and the option of the auction dating (interesting and yet slight disturbing at the same time...)

It actually looks worth while. too bad ill be busy moving in my new sexy roommate :P

maybe next year.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

outcast

I'll be going to this. Been plannin on going for a couple of weeks.

Kandybar

It's a baby con!  Looks like it could be fun, I'll have to see what my plans are for Saturday.

Jerry

Quote from: Kandybar on August 06, 2008, 05:37:53 PM
It's a baby con!  Looks like it could be fun, I'll have to see what my plans are for Saturday.

More like Mini-con (its looks like a respectable size) because it actually has some good sponsors :)

videogirlc

Too short notice for me to want to attend, I didn't even know there was a con in Hayward. But I always like going to local events.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: videogirlc on August 06, 2008, 11:19:27 PM
Too short notice for me to want to attend, I didn't even know there was a con in Hayward. But I always like going to local events.

Neither did I and I live here. Can't go either. I'll call Bun if she wants to do lunch or something later on lol.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I'll go for a while, I have to work at 3:30 that day so I'll go early, check out what's what, and split for work when I need to.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Jerry

i'd like to go to this but prolly wont make it.

Could you have a Con report and take plenty of pictures for us pretty please

K Thanks Bye!  ;D

BunofGovt

I'm terrible at reporting but I'll do my best *salutes* and take what pics I can.  Dunno if I'll make it there by 9 (WHAA-AAT!) but hopefully I'll get there in time for panels and such.  :D  Ryu - sorry I missed your call, I'll try and reach you sometime Friday between working and working

Runewitt

I'll be there sometime in the afternoon, look for the guy with massive hair wearing a black Tokyo In Tulsa MINION shirt, first person to say something fanime related gets a prize!
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

rude32

SOOOo I spent to much at the club now, so I'm a no show.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

BunofGovt

Well, I didn't get there until almost 11 (late night almost did me in  :-\) and left early before 4.  Had fun though and finally made it to Gilles Poitras' panel after missing it at previous Fanimes.  Didn't take many pics, easily distracted - several vendors (bought buttons and toys), video gaming, several tables for gaming, bands and continuous music.  Free pizza for attendees!  I could easily make this an annual event.  Actually made it to a few panels, something I didn't do enough of at Fanime.

This year's event appeared to be nearly triple the size in terms of events and attendees, from the few hours I was there.  I've had such a rough week, I'm glad I had a con to look forward to, for the weekend  :D

Runewitt

it was.... i went through it pretty quick, offered corn to the storm troopers..

yeah. If i'd remembered to grab my bleach cards before leaving the house, i probably would have stayed longer.

Reno2003

I was there. It was awesome. Way more people then last year. Let's see.. I show up, first thing that happens, I hear "RENO!!!" and I'm thinking "oh shit, RUN" now I'm running with liek 10 girls and 1 dude chasing me I'm like "WTF" LOL. So anyways I finely get to regestration, pay, go in and had a good time xD. Oh and that first band that played was AWESOME. Oh and I think it was the 3rd band that played(I remember their guitarist played with a band there last year) that didn't have a drummer... Well if there looking for one, I happen to be a drummer who is looking for a band xD.

Runewitt

Reno, bad corn experience?

:: pokes avatar ::

Reno2003

LOL no.. I just don't suport yaoi..