So do you guys actually buy anime/manga?

Started by Jordeezy, August 10, 2008, 11:34:02 PM

Yukari Kaiba

I like having hard copies of series I l really really ike, so I'm buying the Bleach manga (though I already read it online) and the Gurren Lagann dvds as they come out over here. Other than that I usually read online, borrow from friends' collections, or rent it from Netflix
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

zoupzuop2

Manga? I like, I buy. I tend to look into the series first if I'm interested, or liked the anime.

Anime? If it's not USA-released yet, then I Youtube it if possible, as much as possible. If I like that and it's due for USA consumption I then buy it. (Exception here being Otoboku. I truly hate how Media Blasters has handled it thus far.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

shinjiboy

I used to go read manga once a semester (right after finals to kind of relax) at borders.  However, due to the large number of kids who do this, they now moved the manga section to a tidier part of the store where in full exposure to the other customers.  Needless to say, I don't do it anymore.  But I would if I could.  Bleach manga is great.

Xeluu

I buy a decent amount of manga each month that my sister and I share. (Although it's dwindled a bit.) I RARELY buy Tokyopop's stuff any more though. Got fed up of their weird release schedules.

As for anime: I torrent unlicensed stuff, and buy DVDs of things I like that are licensed, or I know I'll enjoy.

And no offense Shinjiboy, but Border's isn't a library, it's a bookstore. That's one of my major petpeeves since I'm a bibliophile. I hate when the manga or paperbacks or hardbacks are in read condition, yet Border's still has to sell it as new. I've gone months without buying a certain series because they won't order new stock until that one volume that's been read multiple times has been sold. Just my two cents. Not trying to pick on you.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

maeiounj39

I don't usually buy the manga. But I do buy mechandise if that helps the company.

LordKefka

I haven't been buying animu DVDs for a while now. Maybe cause I'm tight on money. That or I'm my money for other things...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

lyricaldanichan

I mostly buy manga since I want to support the industry here and the artist. If there
is any anime I want to get, just wait for it as a thin-pack unless they have some
awesome extras like the Mushishi, Beck and the eng/jp release of Gurren Laggan.