Saimoe 2008

Started by Tsubasa, August 13, 2008, 05:46:57 PM

Tsubasa

Manaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; ;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tsubasa

Check out A2-1.  Extremely close.  And with an unexpected result.  This is why it's worth following Saimoe, folks.

More thoughts when I'm not too lazy/tired.
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Updated this to see how I'm doing. Bold indicates more votes in round one than their round 2 competitors; Strike for eliminated. Italics for top 3.
Block A: C.C., Fate Testarossa
Block B: Elyse (El Cazador), Fujibayashi Ryou
Block C: Alicia Florence, Furukawa Sanae
Block D: Iinchou (Seto no Hanayome), Nora Arendt
Block E: Nia Teppelin, Horo (Spice and Wolf)
Block F: Furukawa Nagisa, Athena Glory, Kouzuki Kallen
Block G: Mizunashi Akari, Anya Earlstreim
Block H: Alice Carrol

Happiest surprise so far: Akari's relatively strong performance (though I guess less than 500 votes is a far shot from winning)
Greatest loss so far: Even though I listed Nia in my top 3 over Alice, I think Alice is the greater loss here.

A2-1 is an interesting and not at all unpleasant upset. Decided by 1 vote, though, wow!

LastElixir

most of my girls lost, that is good; more for me.

j

Tsubasa

And Fate T. Harlaown suffers a (relatively) early loss @the hands of Ibuki Fuko.  I completely expected her to take block A. X_x
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Quote from: Tsubasa on September 23, 2008, 08:43:47 PM
And Fate T. Harlaown suffers a (relatively) early loss @the hands of Ibuki Fuko.  I completely expected her to take block A. X_x
Interesting. Upsets all around.

Devereaux

I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

Sunara Ishi

Update on how my pics are doing:

Block A: Fuko, Fate, C.C., Kei, Hanyuu, Shiika.
Block B: Nunally, Amamiya, Ellis, Aika, Vivio
Block C: Vita, Chiaki, Tianzi, Alicia, Kaguya
Block D: Himawari, Fumika, Wilhemina, Rena, Rahzel
Block E: Shana, Ranka, Nanoha, Caro, Chiaki, Horo
Block F: Maka, Athena, Kuran kuran, Otoha
Block G: Akari, Anya, Yuki, Hinata (hotaru), Fumika (different from the one in block D), Chihiro, Yin
Block H: Ai, Tsubaki, Alice

Strike=eliminated.

My mains still in are Rahzel and Caro.

I'm cheering for Wilhemina, Vita, Hanyuu, and Chihiro.

I agree A2-1 was extremely close. Would have been interesting if they tied. O.o
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

Louise is trounced by Kyou.  More evidence that this year is an interesting one.

Unfortunately Teana was eliminated in the same round. ; ;
-Tsubasa

Chun

I'm not going to lie. I was too lazy to post any sort of list. So I'll go by what remains right now (Since I'm already hella dissapointed at some of the knockouts as is) along with my commentary on what I'm looking for.

Summary Remnants Blocks:

A: There's almost nothing for me here. Fuko beat Fate, and that was that. I didn't really care too much for the rest.

B: Kirino has a surprisingly strong showing this year, so that's pretty happy for me. Aika got knocked out pretty quickly but at least she didn't lose to Pink-Wikipedia.

C: Vita knocked out by Shugo Chara, what the hell. Kagamin making the first shell totally expected, the second the same as well. As much as I enjoy Louise I really like Kyou a bit better so thankful for that showing. Also, what the hell, Kana beating Yuno; she's dead last on my Minami-ke list.

D: Clannad section block played out how I expected it to be; Tomoyo over Kotomi. As expected Konata won her bracket though I can't stand it, same with Rena in the other side (Which arguably only Teana was truly relevant with Maria). Miyako eating the competition is good (In more ways that one).

E: Since most of the Noble Masters girls were earlier nicked (Awww... Shinra :(), I have Shana pegged to win the 01. 02 looks interesting enough, since Nanoha takes on DECULTURE, which has be believing this is Nanoha's to win, but niconico has me with worries. I don't like Siesta, hopefully 03 belongs to Chiaki, and I'm all for Horo on 04.

F: Saki's good to win for the 01. I'm guessing Nagisa has the 02, some interesting things for the 03, since Aono from sola might have shot (but probably not enough to pull through farther). Hayate is good, but it's too bad Matsuri was in the same matchup with her. I'd like to have seen her go farther.

G: Lol Akari vs Sekai. Mid tier battle. I have Nagi and Tsukasa winning their brackets more than likely due to not only meme-age but just the character herself (Nagi). Almost nothing to see here IMO.

H:Go go Isumi; high tier- Mei is fine too but Isumi moreso. MEATOBARU-GA vs Hinagiku is interesting.

Lot of my characters were far gone already. Pretty interesting turnout for sure.

~Chun
F:

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Chun

10/01: Shana steamrolls over competition. By more than double the competitors. Hatena? What the hell?

10/02: Nagisa makes second break. Also, reason for Tsubasa to still follow Saimoe is confirmed; 300 votes over DECULTURE. Only now it's Alastor v. Raising Heart in the 10/14.

~Chun

mDuo13

Closing in on ARIA's last stand, 10/5: G2-1. I'll be sure to vote.

Out of what's left, I don't know who'll win A block or B block... C block looks pretty likely to fall in Kagamin's favor. D block, probably Rena (though I hope otherwise). E block, I doubt Horo has a chance so I'm hoping Nanoha claims it. F block, Nagisa probably. G block, I guess Nagi is probably the strongest? Maybe? (I hope she loses!) And H block, there's hardly anything I know there, so I have no idea.

Chun

10/3: Chiaki was expected. Holy hell, Aono got her win too. Craaazy.

10/4: Hayate.... TIES with Yutaka, but in the end wins it. Wow. Crazy. And though Tama-chan is a good character, I would have rather seen Horo through.

~Chun

mDuo13

Go, go, go, Akari! You can make it!

Chun

Akari wins, Isumi loses. Consider me shocked at the latter.

~Chun

Kazuko

Tsubasa

Everyone vote Nanoha today!  It is of grave importance!
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Quote from: Tsubasa on October 13, 2008, 05:50:29 PM
Everyone vote Nanoha today!  It is of grave importance!
I have done so. Hayate, too.

Chun

Nanoha-san ga TAOSENAI...

or so I thought.

Nanoha loses to Meron-pan by 18 votes.

In other news Aono is crushed tremendously by Hayate (And to be honest, what the hell got Aono there in the first place? If Matsuri couldn't make it why her?), almost double the vote count.

Next up, Nagisa wins her round (If she doesn't I'll eat my posters), and battle between Chiaki and Tamaki.

~Chun

Tsubasa

; ;

I guess I'll have to put all my backing to Hayate now.

; ;
-Tsubasa