Saimoe 2008

Started by Tsubasa, August 13, 2008, 05:46:57 PM

Sunara Ishi

GO! GO! GO! Fumika! X3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

pockystix

New sn = Meirin

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LastElixir

wtf how did rena get 1000+ votes? Kotomi has like 990 too, wow.
I mean I'm aware that rena is popular, but there's like a 350+ vote diff with rika, that's significant. I guess that there was competition with Maria, who also had 1000+ so it drove people to vote more.

j

Spiritsnare

Yeah, and that was against Maria, who also got 1000+.

Speaking of votes, I'm glad that Rein Zwei got as many votes as she did. ♥ She was bound to lose, though, putting her up against Konata.

Also, VOTE MIYAKO TODAY
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Yeah, hella votes recently.  Kinda disappointed that Rein Zwei didn't win with 855 votes.  And Rena vs. Maria is just crazy.  Looks like things aren't going to cool off soon either.  Not with more high-profile contestants in the following days: Nanoha, Shana, Rei, and Horo.  Although, perhaps their matchups won't be quite as heated cause they seem to be facing decidedly less popular characters.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Compared to this, the next bracket seems like it'll be a lot less competitive.

Tsubasa

If you haven't yet, vote Nanoha before the day's over!
-Tsubasa

Sunara Ishi

Omg. Wow. What? Eh?
Rahzel got in. Omg. Yay.

YIPPEE!
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

Comments about recent happenings:

E09 - I was kinda expecting Nia to win, but I guess this is another classic example of how "mainstream" doesn't amount to anything in Saimoe.  At least she lost to Natsumi, who's quite cute herself.

E02 - Shana won and with a healthy amount of votes, but I expected more considering her historically strong performance.  Perhaps people didn't vote cause they didn't feel a threat?  Perhaps her popularity is wavering in the light of newer characters?  I hope it's the latter.

E03 - I didn't expect Rei to lose this early.  Especially to a character from Nanatsuiro. ^^;

E05 - Liking the new Nanoha icon. :3
-Tsubasa

Lisu

The results really aren't as interesting as to how someone lost/won. When you're expecting a landslide, it cuts it close. This gives hope that the final rounds might not be total garbage.
The good so far, Rei lost and Haruhi got murdered. The only two left on the hitlist is Shana and Louise, if they go, this will be a good year.

LastElixir

Quote from: Lisu on September 06, 2008, 11:54:31 AM
The results really aren't as interesting as to how someone lost/won. When you're expecting a landslide, it cuts it close. This gives hope that the final rounds might not be total garbage.
The good so far, Rei lost and Haruhi got murdered. The only two left on the hitlist is Shana and Louise, if they go, this will be a good year.

and miku, she needs to be murdered.

j

zoupzuop2

Quote from: LastElixir on September 06, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
Quote from: Lisu on September 06, 2008, 11:54:31 AM

and miku, she needs to be murdered.

j
And by "murdered", you mean "ushered into #1 by default", right?

GO VOCALOID~
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Tsubasa

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on September 06, 2008, 03:05:41 PMAnd by "murdered", you mean "ushered into #1 by default", right?

GO VOCALOID~

As much as I enjoy a good portion of the fanart and even enough VOCALOID songs, Miku shouldn't win in Saimoe.  I'm not going to complain that she's in the running, but there are better, more legitimate, characters that deserve votes more than she does.  IMO, if there's any justice in this world, Hayate should win F10.
-Tsubasa

Chun

As much as I like Miku, I agree with most of the sentiments. The whole vocaloid series doesn't necessarily qualify for the Saimoe ranking battle, if not for Shaft's whim to find Meru's voice in that one episode. Though I would be lying if I didn't say I enjoy how little exposure in-series she got and how far it's taking off.

Also, Hooray for E12 Horo. I'm more surprised Gekka got any votes at all, given how little she shows in in Kyouran.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

The fateful day is here.  9/10: F10.

It appears that the Saimoe Anti-Miku movement is popular in the Faniforums Moe Coalition.  Time to make our voiced heard.

For me, this is a win-win cause that means I'm putting in a vote for Hayate. :3
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

Only tools would vote for miku, Hayate all the way.

j

mDuo13

I'll vote if I can figure out how.

Interesting how the brackets have developed so far. CLANNAD is having a very strong showing.

mDuo13

Tsubasa

Yay~.

And with the following day comes probably my most dreaded first-round matchup: F07.  I have to go Ikuno, but Sasara demands a vote just about as badly. -.-
-Tsubasa