Live coverage at Fanime09 possibility?

Started by YuffieK, August 15, 2008, 02:16:44 AM

YuffieK

Okay, since it's so late I just came up with a crazy idea.

It started off as, 'It would be so much fun to make a short video interviewing cosplayers at Fanime! [like Eerie, Kwoon, etc.]'
then 'What if I could post it that night of the con so people could watch the interviews throughout the weekend?'
which lead to... 'What if someone went on blogtv.com and did a live stream right from the convention!!'

and I think that would be so much fun! Have a group of people interview cosplayers, check out events, see what's going on at the con, and stream it live on the internet, so that people who couldn't make it/want to see what's going on/are bored in line can check it out.
And maybe during certain times some highlight moments can be recorded and then shown on Stage Zero for people to see!

Eh? Eh? =D

Does this seem like a good idea or am I just speaking nonsense? xD

billgoku

Seems like a great idea. I'd love to help out and/or be apart of the people you interview. I'm all up for it!
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

heeroyuy135

Eh, I'm still waiting for live TV coverage. I had a dream that some morning show was broadcasting live from Fanime :)

questionette

I think it'd be awesome to have people come interview the cosplayers!

ON Demand has videos from AX and some other cons, they should include us too!!

JohnnyAR

Oh man if something like that was possible I would love to take part in it.

Zefie

Oooh~ Is your idea fan-based? It'd be nice for someone to update in Forum since no one can be at all places at one time....(except my bunny~ but that's another thread ;)). Besides from the web, I don't see much about Fanime anywhere. Maybe we can even give local press an e-mail before the con...just to get the word out.
Please don't steal my cookies~

otakuapprentice

a daily podcast would be easier to record and put out every night instead of a video, since that involves taking the time to cut/edit all the video and put it up, whereas with a podcast you can just start, end and put it up a lot faster(it still involves some work, but not as much).

If i have the equipment by next years' con, I'll record one each day with different people(i already have ideas as to who i would pull for this, if they were willing). we'll see what happens.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

shy-cosplayer

Zefie

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on September 07, 2008, 06:20:14 PM
what's a podcast?

This is a very unprofessional definition. Podcast is just a bunch of digi-media files. I suppose podcasts are easier in that you just record and throw it online.  >.<
Please don't steal my cookies~

M

Quote from: YuffieK on August 15, 2008, 02:16:44 AMand I think that would be so much fun! Have a group of people interview cosplayers, check out events, see what's going on at the con, and stream it live on the internet, so that people who couldn't make it/want to see what's going on/are bored in line can check it out.
And maybe during certain times some highlight moments can be recorded and then shown on Stage Zero for people to see!

Eh? Eh? =D

Does this seem like a good idea or am I just speaking nonsense? xD
You aren't speaking nonsense, but this idea isn't one that FanimeCon staff have tried to do in the past. We have been approached by some companies willing to do something similar to what AX does, but the price was just too high to justify moving forward with it. This isn't to say that we'll "NEVER" do it, but this is something that we look at every year.

We do have tons of fan-posted and media pod-casts and daily posts. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Raymei

That'd be really cool!  =D
lol  Okay, but the reporter would have to cosplay as a reporter character  T_T  at least once...

AnimeEmperor

.........I love it. If you need any help send me a PM. It could be amazing.

Hakaru_chan

im actually part of my community's local television public access channel/tv and they've been asking me to get a story out for them on fanime itself, (im actually working on a story with the footage i have from this year). but then again im just putting this up there because again its in my community....

but because of this, i actually plan to come to fanime next year with a few of my crew members and video equipment.

i would so love to volunteer or be a part of the staff if there a possibility of live coverage at Fanime09. it doesn't necessarily have to be live coverage .. i mean, what we can do is bring the footage we collect, writeup the paperworks/scripts, and then SEND the stuff we have to the people who take of AX and put it on the tv. I dunno if thats plausible, err.. maybe it would be better if we had an official representative of media relations of fanime to take care of that stuff (im not sure if we have one or not), then that person in charge is in charge of the crew (composed of volunteers, as well as experienced personal) to take care of the video/interviews and stuff.

moving on.. that person would have to assign groups who then go out at fanime and take parts of the script. after doing that.. combine all that and well... you can get alot of good segments from that so you have not only one story but multiple smaller segmants from the con like what AX does on COMCAST is it?

OR what we can do, if we have the right stuff, is videoshoot interviews and the stuff thats going on like those panels in the con and get them show up on those tv monitors in the hallways.

AGAIN, the only thing with this is that we need people and equipment. im willing to put my people and my own equipment in this. ill be coming to fanime next year doing this again for my tv station as well as my own documentary purposes. 

My videography background: Member of my local television community access channel, editor in chief of my family owned videography business, over ten years in video editing/videography, knowledgable in all forms of digital media and video cameras (from basic consumer to broadcasting and high definition (HD), experienced in newscasting. I'm willing to teach people, volunteers but something like this needs to be planned ahead with the staff and i dunno if it would be good to get volunteers on the day. they will need to be trained.   
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork