Anime fans in the east bay

Started by venka21, August 21, 2008, 01:15:41 PM

TianLord

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on October 17, 2008, 12:39:30 AM
Anyway, who's willing to take up on my suggestion to come over my house for a gathering or just to hang out? If not, then it's cool too. I'm still interested in meeting up with people from the east bay as well.

Where did you say your place is and what date? Weekend would be nice sense I'm working 4:30-7 M-F

Edit: It would actually be better if the gathering was at like a cafe or something easier to get to.

cherryteagirl

yea! I'm totally down with hanging out!  We can meet at like a Quickly or Tapioca Express... :)

TianLord

Quote from: cherryteagirl on October 25, 2008, 02:21:45 PM
yea! I'm totally down with hanging out!  We can meet at like a Quickly or Tapioca Express... :)

I think theres a tapioca express on shattuck by the downtown Berkeley bart

BunofGovt

Berkeley here. 

Quote from: TianLord on October 10, 2008, 08:56:30 PM
Sup, just moved to berkeley here. Would be cool to meet some others and from what I see theres quite a bit of ppl into anime in the bay area.

Idk if u guys ever saw but check out bayanime.com get bored at work and found it. Looks like its just starting up.

Hey, took a quick look at the site and if y'all meet in SF, the Cartoon Art Museum is not far from the Metreon (probably the Powell St BART Station is closest).  The Totoro Forest Project Exhibit sounds interesting.  Walking distance to the City Center and Bloomingdales (not to shop necessarily but snack on those ultra tasty but pricey cream puffs in the bottom level).  Currently there's a Halloween Spirit shop open on Market at 5th.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

East Oakland here, near Eastmont on 82nd.

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Well, Eastmont is more on 70th or 72nd but yeah...

otakuapprentice

Ayanami Rei First Child

I live over in Alameda, but Oakland is just a bus ride away...and in terms of hanging out in San Francisco I could be down with that. I'd also be open to hanging out somewhere in Oakland. I also wouldn't mind hosting an event or two possibly...ESPECIALLY if anyone enjoys playing Tabletop Games like myself. I own all of Key The Metal Idol, as well as Outlaw star.

deonchan

Ok time to piss or get off the pot. We doing this or what?  :P
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

otakuapprentice

lemme think of a good day/hangout place.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Why not have the next Saturday or something...? We could go to Japan Town...or we could meet over in Oakland at Jack London Square.

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Does Hayward count? ;O
I live close to the California university thingy (up on that hill...kinda)

Runewitt

Quote from: chibi*H A N A T S U K I on January 03, 2009, 04:32:44 PM

Does Hayward count? ;O
I live close to the California university thingy (up on that hill...kinda)

yes, hayward counts. i'm in hayward, too.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

quantbits

If you're in Fremont... you call it snoremont.

*snore*  ;D

ultramangaia

Quote from: quantbits on January 06, 2009, 11:40:29 PM

*snore*  ;D

you`re right, I grew up there.I live in newark and it is the same except you have the mall.The theaters in both cities are well past outdated so I go to union city for movies.

PoisonFish

I'm a bit of a slowpoke here, but I'm in Oakland and would love to hang out. It's been fairly boring since I've returned to the area ;_;.

MaruKyuu

Quote from: quantbits on January 06, 2009, 11:40:29 PM

*snore*  ;D

Hey, Fremont isn't that boring. It has a few fun things. Like me. And uh...oh god, you're right. :(

Gwydion

Hey, they can't stop Hayward's stupid idea to kick out ALL the theaters and anything fun for the last 10 years. Just recently they realized everyone is going to either Union Landing or Stoneridge and are now trying to build things back up again. ^^

Runewitt

Quote from: Gwydion on January 08, 2009, 10:54:15 PM
Hey, they can't stop Hayward's stupid idea to kick out ALL the theaters and anything fun for the last 10 years. Just recently they realized everyone is going to either Union Landing or Stoneridge and are now trying to build things back up again. ^^
... i work at the theatre in Hayward. There is going to be a limited showing of Sword of the Stranger,  but i asked the managers and they dont know if we're getting it. Maybe if people are interested, a gathering at union landing wen they show it?

Edit: we dont get it. Union City gets it.. anyone up for it?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.