Anime fans in the east bay

Started by venka21, August 21, 2008, 01:15:41 PM

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: OtakuMessiah on September 18, 2008, 11:15:44 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on September 17, 2008, 10:36:44 PM
haha XD well usually when people ask where I'm from I just say Bay Area, but i saw the thread and figured might as well put myself out there.
I'm kinda surprised too theres quite a few of us from the easy bay in here
Omg this is really cool Maybe we should set a day that we can all get together and hangout since it's more Otakus in the bay area than estimated! What days would be good for you guys (Weekends is always good, because I have school during the week, or should I say O.I.C.U has school during the week  8).

I'm usually free during the weekends as well. I could probably host a get together here at my place. Thing is, who would want to come?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

OtakuMessiah

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on September 18, 2008, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: OtakuMessiah on September 18, 2008, 11:15:44 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on September 17, 2008, 10:36:44 PM
haha XD well usually when people ask where I'm from I just say Bay Area, but i saw the thread and figured might as well put myself out there.
I'm kinda surprised too theres quite a few of us from the easy bay in here
Omg this is really cool Maybe we should set a day that we can all get together and hangout since it's more Otakus in the bay area than estimated! What days would be good for you guys (Weekends is always good, because I have school during the week, or should I say O.I.C.U has school during the week  8).

I'm usually free during the weekends as well. I could probably host a get together here at my place. Thing is, who would want to come?
That sounds sweet!!!!! I'm cool with it.I'll tell O.I.C.U about the planning. I wonder if anyone else off this website would like to go as well. PM me your address so I'll know how close you live to me.
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

venka21

I'm trying to plan out a get togeather over here. The Borders in Pleasant Hill would be a good place to meet some afternoon. There is also a Barns and Noble in Walnut creek and one in Concord. Is the 11th of October a good date for everyone?
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

winry_rockbell

I am in Berkeley area. I want to meet others who know what I am talking about.   ;D
/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o

Nazget

Ah, I live in Orinda, as with a couple cosplaying friends of mine... : D

otakuapprentice

well, for those within the oakland/berkeley/san leandro area, how about we have a meetup/hangout?

how about.......san francisco(its always fun there)? either pier 39, metreon, or japantown.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Yukari Kaiba

sounds good to me - sf will be easy enough to get to via bart.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

winry_rockbell

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 03, 2008, 04:51:14 PM
well, for those within the oakland/berkeley/san leandro area, how about we have a meetup/hangout?

how about.......san francisco(its always fun there)? either pier 39, metreon, or japantown.
How about Bay Street in Emeryville?  I think it's a nice mall but lacks presence of anime.   :D   
/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o

venka21

Metreon is easier for me to get to since I don't drive. I'm actually friends with one of the clerks at the Kamakazi Pop kiosk and go talk to her when I'm on breaks during times I'm at my On-call job down at Moscone Center.
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 03, 2008, 04:51:14 PM

How could it not be in Japantown?

maeiounj39

TianLord

Sup, just moved to berkeley here. Would be cool to meet some others and from what I see theres quite a bit of ppl into anime in the bay area.

Idk if u guys ever saw but check out bayanime.com get bored at work and found it. Looks like its just starting up.

Eboni ninja

It would be cool to meet people who are interested in anime outside of conventions. It would be fun just to hangout. I currently live in Daly City but I'm from the east bay, Union City. Just let me know when you guys what to hangout and I'll be there. ;D
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

TianLord

Quote from: Eboni ninja on October 10, 2008, 09:39:47 PM
It would be cool to meet people who are interested in anime outside of conventions. It would be fun just to hangout. I currently live in Daly City but I'm from the east bay, Union City. Just let me know when you guys what to hangout and I'll be there. ;D
heh i go by daly city everyday between mon-fri.

Live in Berkeley work in Santa Clara. Thank god for the joint caltrain/bart station.

Yukari Kaiba

lol I go to school in Daly City XD (SF State)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Mr. Wendell

I'm too old and just don't have too much time to watch anime, but I'll still do anime related stuff for Fanime, because it's good times.

Oh, yeah. Pittsburg.  Represent.  Yo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Eboni ninja

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on October 10, 2008, 11:15:27 PM
lol I go to school in Daly City XD (SF State)
OMG! I go to SFSU as well, that's why I live here. Awesome.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

NetBelleAnie

May as well toss in that I'm from San Leandro.  If anyof ya'll go to Chabot, you'll find me on the cafeteria balcony from 11:45 - 1:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)
Mabel (Gravity Falls)

RyuHayabusa

Anyway, who's willing to take up on my suggestion to come over my house for a gathering or just to hang out? If not, then it's cool too. I'm still interested in meeting up with people from the east bay as well.

My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC