Gourmet Race 4 ???

Started by Jerry, August 22, 2008, 10:15:22 AM

Jerry

so ironically, ive been wanting to compete in a gourmet race but ive seen to miss them all-

sushi -
steak -
pasta -

and I saw a random blurb in another thread about Red robin.
Why not all you can eat fries? (with an awesome burger of course)

so what do you guys think?

Red Robin usually runs about $10~15/ per person which is pretty reasonable and they have ALL YOU CAN EAT FRIES.

i actually like the fries with that seasoning junk and or ur favorite dip

i know someone who would probably make ranch fry soup. (yum) :P

so what do you guys think? comments questions? sugguestions.

man, now im hungry for all you can eat- anything.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

I'm actually craving pasta or a steak.

Red Robin probably has both, so I'd be down just to eat the weight of the foods in a steak or pasta to the other persons fries =P
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Lisu

first of all, fries are not food. They're snacks or sides at best. And even to it, after a good plate or two, they'll pretty much be fried cardboard (unless we have some fries aficionados)

Secondly, stop pretending like you haven't overheard our next ideas of gourmet races. There were some already in consideration among them an all you can eat udon in the more winter-ish time.

edendreams

that list was of races we already had actually. I think we should try something like 'how quickly can you eat?' since the whole.. 'how much?' seems to not let many people participate.

a little art by me ^-^

Kazuko

Quote from: edendreams on August 23, 2008, 12:01:03 PM
that list was of races we already had actually. I think we should try something like 'how quickly can you eat?' since the whole.. 'how much?' seems to not let many people participate.
Chinese buffet \o/

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kazuko

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

otakuapprentice

its called gourmet race for a reason......BUT if it comes down to it, go for most egg rolls(the good ones).....y'know you want to.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

gmontem

So why is it called gourmet race again? I don't think any of the restaurants, especially Bucca, were of that caliber. 

edit: I think Matt named this "Gourmet Race" after Kirby Gourmet Race.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Lisu on August 22, 2008, 12:40:18 PM
first of all, fries are not food. They're snacks or sides at best. And even to it, after a good plate or two, they'll pretty much be fried cardboard (unless we have some fries aficionados)

Secondly, stop pretending like you haven't overheard our next ideas of gourmet races. There were some already in consideration among them an all you can eat udon in the more winter-ish time.
Udon sounds good... ~drool~
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Quote from: gmontem on August 24, 2008, 02:22:29 PMI think Matt named this "Gourmet Race" after Kirby Gourmet Race.

Correct! In fact, it's written right there on the Gourmet Race 1 OP.

Also, Gourmet Races 1 and 3 weren't really races, so those particular titles are entirely false.

In the meantime, I'll be researching a couple of things for Gourmet Race 4, which should take place before the end of the year. I'm aiming for a month and a half's advance notice. The only question I'd like to ask is would people rather have this upcoming event be a race (a la GR2), or a test of endurance (a la GR1/3)?
epic progressive

vox

Steve.Young

Please, I don't care. Gimmie my damn steak/pasta now.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

mDuo13

Quote from: Spiritsnare on August 24, 2008, 08:52:20 PM
Quote from: gmontem on August 24, 2008, 02:22:29 PMI think Matt named this "Gourmet Race" after Kirby Gourmet Race.

Also, Gourmet Races 1 and 3 weren't really races, so those particular titles are entirely false.

In the meantime, I'll be researching a couple of things for Gourmet Race 4, which should take place before the end of the year. I'm aiming for a month and a half's advance notice. The only question I'd like to ask is would people rather have this upcoming event be a race (a la GR2), or a test of endurance (a la GR1/3)?
Hey, 3 was a race. It just so happened that it was a race that only one of the four contestants finished.

ultramangaia

Quote from: mDuo13 on August 25, 2008, 09:46:18 AM

Hey, 3 was a race. It just so happened that it was a race that only one of the four contestants finished.

That`s right, it looked like a race from where I was sitting.

ININ

Sorry.  No Chinese buffets for me.  I have a lifetime ban going to buffets especially Chinese.  My Dad, brother, cousin, cousin-in law, and I got the stomach flu.  We missed many days of work =\

rude32

Quote from: ultramangaia on August 25, 2008, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: mDuo13 on August 25, 2008, 09:46:18 AM

That`s right, it looked like a race from where I was sitting.
Same here. Those steaks looked freakin huge. I felt bad for those of you who had mostly fat on their steak.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Kazuko

Pudding race \o/

O: or something a little healthy like salad race or something

D: lets not go from insulin shock I.E get the itis or something

:d i want to try a luther burger minus the dounuts

Steve.Young

Quote from: Kazuko on August 29, 2008, 12:23:24 AM
Pudding race \o/

How about who can eat a whole pizza the fastest?
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kazuko

Quote from: Steve.Young on August 29, 2008, 12:26:21 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on August 29, 2008, 12:23:24 AM
Pudding race \o/

How about who can eat a whole pizza the fastest?
ITS ON BETCH D: (i agree)