Toaru Majutsu no Index
ef: A tale of melodies
Shigofumi

Might watch when I'm bored:
Tales of the Abyss
Kuroshitsuzi
Skip Beat!
Hyakko

(List is subjext to change as I see them xD)

So far I've only seen a few of the shows from this season and I'm really liking ToraDora and Kannagi, but from the first episode of Today in class 5-2 it's off my list =_=, it was just kind of boring...

I can't wait to see some of the other shows though. =D

RyuHayabusa

After checking out some of the shows(besides Gundam 00), here are my keepers so far:

Kannagi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Toradora
Clannad:After Story
Rosario+Vampire season 2
Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka

Skip:
Hyakko(will get it as a batch torrent later)

Waiting for:
Chaos;Head
Yozakura Quartet
ShibaneHime Aka(Gainax, what can I say lol :P )
Jigouko Shoujo Season III

Time to get another external HD lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

mDuo13

Saw first episodes of Shikabane Hime Aka and Ga-Rei -Zero-. Both of them are promising. Ga-Rei Zero especially was really intense.

This is looking like a great season.

Ninj4

What?  Stitch?  An anime on Stitch?

...  I still need to see the movie.  xD

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

Kazuko

Quote from: Ninj4 on October 12, 2008, 01:23:48 AM
What?  Stitch?  An anime on Stitch?

...  I still need to see the movie.  xD
WTF you havent seen Lilo and Stich

DX WERE WATCHING IT NOW

:d i should get the stich anime now too!

ffff bihada ichizoku isnt out yet for my vewing pleasure

Mister_E

Gundam 00 Season 2
Rosario + Vampire season 2
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - OAD
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

mDuo13

Progress report time!

Ga-Rei -Zero-: Two episodes in, and I have no idea where they're going with this show. But the characters have been interesting, the action scenes good, and the suspense to see where they're taking it is exciting.

Hakushaku to Yousei: Watched ep 1 raw. It's, uh, really shoujo. Shows a little bit of promise, but also looks kind of dumb. Something about a girl who can see spirits/fairies, goes to see her father in London, ends up getting involved with this mischievous Count bishounen... I might watch more, but I wish someone would sub it.

Kannagi: 2 episodes. As far as I can tell, this show is about making bad puns. That aside, the girls are pretty cute and the plot has enough going to make me watch more. But man, am I the only one who's really unimpressed with the OP and ED?

Kuroshitsuji: Still waiting for a second episode. Not sure if I'll want to keep up with it.

Shikabane Hime Aka: 2 episodes. It's kind of a generic undead-fighting-undead setup, but it doesn't have the same dynamic as a lot of them; it has kind of an interesting semi-dark feel. I'll keep up with it a while longer at least.

Toaru Majustu no Index: 2 episodes. Yeah, we've seen this setup a million times, but whatever. It's goofy, the girls are adorable, the animation is good, and the action is interesting.

ToraDora!: 3 episodes in, still loving it. The characters are all really weird, so it's a blast to watch.

Tytania: First episode was kind of boring, predictable. I could see it getting epic, but the lack of focus on any characters in particular made it difficult to care much.

Yozakura Quartet: 2 episodes, not impressed. It's not horrible (and it has pretty good OP/ED songs as expected, though the OP animation is decidedly lackluster) but it's not exactly good either. The character development just feels kind of bland and there's no really convincing conflict yet. I'll probably drop it until I hear good things about it.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: mDuo13 on October 18, 2008, 05:06:23 PM
Progress report time!
Hakushaku to Yousei: Watched ep 1 raw. It's, uh, really shoujo. Shows a little bit of promise, but also looks kind of dumb. Something about a girl who can see spirits/fairies, goes to see her father in London, ends up getting involved with this mischievous Count bishounen... I might watch more, but I wish someone would sub it.
Its been subbed. -.-; By m33w. They already released two episodes.
Look under the title "Earl and Fairy"
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on October 19, 2008, 05:21:44 PM
Progress report time!
Its been subbed. -.-; By m33w. They already released two episodes.
Look under the title "Earl and Fairy"
Oh, that explains it. I thought I'd recognize it if a translated name came up, but I was expecting "Count" instead of "Earl", so it probably slipped past me.

Devereaux

Tytania: First episode was kind of boring, predictable. I could see it getting epic, but the lack of focus on any characters in particular made it difficult to care much.

Hella going to rep this shit to the ground, though unlike you people, I will be watching this show raw and making up my own story.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

mDuo13

Quote from: Devereaux on October 20, 2008, 03:03:58 AM

Hella going to rep this shit to the ground, though unlike you people, I will be watching this show raw and making up my own story.
Have fun with that. I actually am gonna keep watching, since the second episode was more promising than the first (and the ED makes it look like there'll be a hot girl in the show too).

koji

Gundam 00 is what keeps me alive. If it wasn't airing I probably wouldn't make it through the week!

Chaos;Head, Tytania, Kannagi and Gai-rei Zero are awesome too.

Toradora I watch for fun, but i'm hearing too much Rie Kugimiya.  :'(

Devereaux

Quote from: koji on October 21, 2008, 02:13:32 AM
i'm hearing too much Rie Kugimiya.  :'(

Hella understatement.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

LastElixir

Mine is simple,

Top Priority:
One Outs
Tentai Senshi Sunred

Also watching:
Index
Toradora
Ga-rei
Tytania

But more importantly, they need to hurry up with more Eve no Jikan episodes.

j

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

mDuo13

Progress report time!

CLANNAD ~After Story~ - 4 episodes (caught up). What can I say? It's amazing. The production values are typical KyoAni, the story is really funny so far, the OP is one of my favorite ever... everything is in alignment.

Ga-Rei -Zero- - 4 episodes (caught up). Ugh. This series started out with a lot of promise, but the story really isn't about all the really interesting characters from the first episode at all. I thought it would be a dark action show, but episode 4 consisted of stupid gags and really excessive fanservice. Truly disappointing. Perhaps it'll get back on track?

Hakushaku to Yousei - 1 episode (dropped). This actually seemed pretty decent but I never got together the wherewithal to keep up with it. Maybe if I hear some good things.

Kannagi - 4 episodes (caught up). The girls are cute, the plot is so-so. OP and ED are both somewhat lackluster IMO. I'm not sure what exactly is good about this show, but something about it it keeps giving me a good impression, so I'm not hating.

Kuroshitsuji - 2 episodes (caught up with the subs). I dunno about this one. The Taku Iwasaki soundtrack may actually be the tipping point from dropping it to continuing, right now. There's no convincing conflict, but the tone is not nearly serious enough for the badassery to be its own reward a la Hellsing. It could get better, but so far it seems like it's just about what a perfect demon-butler Sebastian is, and that alone isn't enough for me.

Shikabane Hime Aka - 3 episodes (caught up). This show's not exciting me yet, but I feel like it has potential. The setup is common, but they haven't revealed the main thrust of the plot yet. It could end up being pretty interesting; it doesn't seem like it's going to remain a "freak of the week" show forever.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - 4 episodes (caught up). Hella typical show in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The Kawada Mami OP theme is a perfect example - sounds like all her music, but that means it's pretty decent. Has some good characters (guys and girls both) and the plot seems to be developing nicely. Not too predictable, but not totally unusual either. Freaking high-res episodes refuse to playback steadily on my computer, though, even with an upgraded video card. T_T

ToraDora! - 5 episodes (caught up). One of the better things this season. The general concept seems pretty overdone, but (some of) gags are surprisingly not old, and in general it keeps showing signs of unusual intelligence in writing believable characters and plot. Minorin is totally mysteriously adorable, too. Don't care for the OP, but the ED is fun.

Tytania - 3 episodes (caught up). How can I say this... my suitemate, after watching the first episode, nicknamed this series "Space recycled in space." But I think I see a little bit more there. Yes, it's kind of typical space opera, but Fan Hyulick is voiced by Kamina and Lira Florenz would beat Inside the Sun for "Hot" in Apples to Apples... so I'mma keep watching it. The OP is hella boring (intentionally very classic), ED is pretty decent. The ironic part is, so far, this series would probably be a fair bit more interesting if it focused less on the Tytania dynasty.

Xam'd Lost Memories - 13 episodes (caught up?). Goddamn show is impossible to get ahold of. If I knew anyone nearby with a PS3, it's fairly likely that I would actually be paying $4 a week to "rent" high-def episodes, because I want to see where this is going, which should tell you something about how good it is. Great OP and ED, spectacular animation, good characters... I bet this series would have a much bigger audience if it wasn't so hard to find.

Yozakura Quartet - 2 episodes (dropped). I just couldn't really care. The plot was not really developing, the characters didn't really interest me, the animation was mediocre... and parts of it just seemed a little stupid. I mean, it's not necessarily total crap, but the first two eps were nothing special and there are things I'd rather do with my time than wait for this show to maybe get better.

Mizuki

Okay, so I don't watch anime as much as I used to, actually I'm watching more series this season than previous years, probably because Souten no Ken and Hokuto no Ken 2 is STILL being subbed. Anyways my thoughts on this season's series I've watched.

Toradora: Okay, I watched Shana, after awhile it sucked, I watched Zero no Tsukaima, after awhile it sucked, I actually thought Hayate no Gotoku was good, and then here's the new Rie Kugimiya, or however you spell her name, vehicle. It's actually pretty good. It's a cute series that I'll probably loosely follow.

Chaos;head: Holy crap, something I've been looking for awhile. After months of Mirai Nikki translation droughts I've been needing to have some whacko stuff to follow and I got my answer. It's a pretty sweet series, although you need a brain to follow it.

Hokuto no Ken Raoh Den.: Ten no Haoh: Okay, when I first saw the opening I honestly said it looked like it had little hope. The song was something that could be slapped into a Bleach or Naruto op, atleast they could have gotten B'z to sing it. The animation looks NOTHING Buronson-esque, even Shin Hokuto no Ken (as much of a GOD AWFUL mini-series that crap was) had a proper artform for the series, but I let that slide because Reina is pretty cute, also Raoh needs to stop changing his hair color. So I first see the first episode, and overall I could say I was actually surprised that it was decent, atleast there was people blowing up, but the 2nd episode pretty much sealed the deal. I'll be following it.

I watched the first episode of Kannagi. It's pretty funny, and I need to see how the Today in Class 5-2 series will turn out, the OVA was pretty cute, so hopefully the series is decent.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuki on November 03, 2008, 06:17:59 PM
I need to see how the Today in Class 5-2 series will turn out, the OVA was pretty cute, so hopefully the series is decent.

OVA was awesome. The series? Prepare to be disappointed.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 04, 2008, 12:36:15 AM
I need to see how the Today in Class 5-2 series will turn out, the OVA was pretty cute, so hopefully the series is decent.

OVA was awesome. The series? Prepare to be disappointed.

I'm not watching it then.

LastElixir

The song was something that could be slapped into a Bleach or Naruto op, atleast they could have gotten B'z to sing it.

what? lol

j