Street Fighter IV @ SJSU!

Started by abcbadcat, August 25, 2008, 05:06:45 PM

abcbadcat

It was just put in today

$0.75 per play

Im going tomorrow to check it out

:D

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

HentaiTentacleDemon

You know what that means?

If SJSU has it, than so will Fanime! :D

JTchinoy

i have yet to hear a positive thing about the gameplay.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: JTchinoy on August 26, 2008, 12:55:55 AM

Everyone says it's not bad, but much more testing needs to be done. Plays like ST but with hella extra shit.

Moogleborg

I'll be trying it out myself. ^^ I'm ready to throw some Shoryukens! :D
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

abcbadcat

Im really liking the style of C-Viper and her tech hits

I'll going for sure tomorrow and possibly the day after with a few friends.

HentaiTentacleDemon

the game play does feel like SF2
the control & feel of the game feels like SFA
graphics are like Tekken 5
throwing & EX-moves are like 3S

it's not a bad game. the thing that worries me the most though, is if the characters are balanced. i haven't been following the SRK threads, but I heard the fat yellow guy is really good.

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on August 26, 2008, 12:58:47 AM
Quote from: JTchinoy on August 26, 2008, 12:55:55 AM

Everyone says it's not bad, but much more testing needs to be done. Plays like ST but with hella extra shit.
is it seriously a 16 character game? that seems small to me.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

PyronIkari

Quote from: HentaiTentacleDemon on August 26, 2008, 10:32:20 AM
the game play does feel like SF2
the control & feel of the game feels like SFA
graphics are like Tekken 5
throwing & EX-moves are like 3S

it's not a bad game. the thing that worries me the most though, is if the characters are balanced. i haven't been following the SRK threads, but I heard the fat yellow guy is really good.

Not like you should listen to most of SRK anyways. For the most part, everyone is playable. Sim and Viper being low tier, but Sim is only low tier because people haven't really figured him out yet. Viper... yeah def. low tier. Everyone else has crap that works.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: HentaiTentacleDemon on August 26, 2008, 10:32:20 AM
i haven't been following the SRK threads, but I heard the fat yellow guy is really good.
Rufus is(pretty damn near) close in appearance to that of Bob from Tekken 6; move-wise, i dont know how each one of them plays, but seeing vids of people using rufus show that he seems to have a bit of speed, albeit him being a huge yellow ball of meat(seriously, take away his arms and legs and that what he looks like) and all.

Still, i SO want to play this.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mizuki

Lol, Rufus isn't that bad, he just has those dumb dive kicks, and that spin move. And the gameplay is good, and solid, Only character that has been "broken" is El Fuerte, has an infinite, but he really needs it, because he has nothing else. Sim is starting to actually be looking mid tier, just need to be discovered more, and C.Viper is so-so as of now, who knows? It's really really new, the tiers can flip, especially with the console release, with Ono hinting that Arcade will be updated to match console.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mizuki on August 26, 2008, 11:14:42 PM
Lol, Rufus isn't that bad, he just has those dumb dive kicks, and that spin move. And the gameplay is good, and solid, Only character that has been "broken" is El Fuerte, has an infinite, but he really needs it, because he has nothing else. Sim is starting to actually be looking mid tier, just need to be discovered more, and C.Viper is so-so as of now, who knows? It's really really new, the tiers can flip, especially with the console release, with Ono hinting that Arcade will be updated to match console.
stupid question: when you say "Sim", who exactly are you referring to(is it an alternate name for one of the characters)?

Barnes

Sim=Dalhsim (sp?) the guy who does "Yoga Fire!" and whatnot.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mizuki

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mizuki on August 27, 2008, 12:04:34 AM
Dhalsim is Sim.
Quote from: Barnes on August 26, 2008, 11:53:12 PM
Sim=Dalhsim (sp?) the guy who does "Yoga Fire!" and whatnot.
ah, okay; i didn't know that was the short name that people used for him.

Mizuki

Yeah, it's for people too lazy to type out his full name.

abcbadcat

My friend went today and went on a 7 win streak with Boxer

I really want to get good with C.Viper but I can't wait until the 29th when Akuma gets unlocked.

I really love using the Zankuhadoukens

and now Akuma can EX! YES!

satanic_mechanic

i wish i had time for videogames. (sigh)
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

PyronIkari

"infinite", more like loop, since it drains meter.

Fuerte isn't really broken at all, he's pretty crappy outside of loop. Just has best ultra.