Street Fighter IV @ SJSU!

Started by abcbadcat, August 25, 2008, 05:06:45 PM

Mizuki

Quote from: PyronIkari on August 27, 2008, 09:06:44 PM
"infinite", more like loop, since it drains meter.

Fuerte isn't really broken at all, he's pretty crappy outside of loop. Just has best ultra.

Is it actually a loop and not an infinite? I thought it was just close fiercexxrun repeatxn

JohnnyAR

I can't wait to test out my skills with Sakura

abcbadcat

Sakura isn't in arcade version but I voted for her to be in the console version

I lover her shoryuken and spin kick

Mizuki

I like her because you can make her bloomers white in CvS2 and see random shots, makes me think you can see her panties, also she's pretty young.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: abcbadcat on August 28, 2008, 08:12:18 PM
Sakura isn't in arcade version but I voted for her to be in the console version

I lover her shoryuken and spin kick

Awwwww

Where can I vote? I need to support my favorite character!

abcbadcat

So I played SF4 today, two matches at C. Viper and two matches as Ken... I did not win any matches.

Ken plays very much the same but they took out overhead moves for "focus" attacks which are able to cancel out an attack then could possibly do an unblockable (if the buttons are pressed longer). C. Viper is a fun character but I could not get over the fact all of her moves are QCB (quarter circle back) rather than fowards. I will main her when I can get my hands on the console version. Special Moves are the same (but you can't select your S1, S2, or S3 arts) and Ultra Moves are just like specials but the ultra meter or "Revenge Meter" refreshes after every round but your Special Meter stays the same between rounds. You can now cancel EX and Specials moves by dashing inbetween the attack... which will probably take some getting used too but I can see where this could pay off.

People spam fireballs (Sagat & Ryu) like crazy and since you can't parry, you just have to accept them or... learn to focus cancel... but for my first time I could not get the hang of it.

The speed is much slower than Super Turbo and Third Strike but has a good pace to it. The graphics are great, the menus are nice, and the music is decent.

This game will probably be hard to learn in the arcades since so many people will be playing it so I'll really just wait for the console version to come out or wait until Golfland has it and go to MGL for $10 freeplay and probably ditch a day of school lol.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: abcbadcat on August 30, 2008, 01:59:58 AM
So I played SF4 today, two matches at C. Viper and two matches as Ken... I did not win any matches.

Ken plays very much the same but they took out overhead moves for "focus" attacks which are able to cancel out an attack then could possibly do an unblockable (if the buttons are pressed longer). C. Viper is a fun character but I could not get over the fact all of her moves are QCB (quarter circle back) rather than fowards. I will main her when I can get my hands on the console version. Special Moves are the same (but you can't select your S1, S2, or S3 arts) and Ultra Moves are just like specials but the ultra meter or "Revenge Meter" refreshes after every round but your Special Meter stays the same between rounds. You can now cancel EX and Specials moves by dashing inbetween the attack... which will probably take some getting used too but I can see where this could pay off.

People spam fireballs (Sagat & Ryu) like crazy and since you can't parry, you just have to accept them or... learn to focus cancel... but for my first time I could not get the hang of it.

The speed is much slower than Super Turbo and Third Strike but has a good pace to it. The graphics are great, the menus are nice, and the music is decent.

This game will probably be hard to learn in the arcades since so many people will be playing it so I'll really just wait for the console version to come out or wait until Golfland has it and go to MGL for $10 freeplay and probably ditch a day of school lol.
well said.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PyronIkari

Quote from: abcbadcat on August 30, 2008, 01:59:58 AM

It's obvious you really don't play fighting games very well/much. Slower than 3S? Hardly. They made fireballs useful again. It's just like ST. Unlike say, 3S where fireballs are for the most part useless outside of Urien's and EX versions.

Ken was never about overheads... and Ken doesn't really play the same at all. Ken never plays the same in any game he's in actually. A1-2-3 he played so differently to each other, and same with NG-2i-3S. The only time he's played the same was WW->Super and then in ST he's really different again.

soakrates`

The game looks pretty cool, but I'm pretty garbage at 2D fighters and the game is relatively expensive to play so I haven't tried it out yet.

I like the reports of semi-throwback gameplay though, and there seems to be a lot of potential in the focus attack as a mind-game tool. I've read that Ryu is considered top tier by some, because he has a good fireball trap (EX still knocks down, unlike Ken's) and is way too dangerous to jump at with a full ultra meter.

abcbadcat

Pyron

I didn't get into Street Fighter until 3S, I didn't like the whole SF2 series at all (flame me if you like, w/e). I am more of a Soul Caliubur and Brawl player than anyting.

I never liked the SF2 series since all you would hear is haDOUken haDOUken or TIGER TIGER TIGER and if you've played in arcades then you will know what I mean.

Fireballs are useful in 3S, WTF. You EX a fireball, have the opponent either guard or parry them and that gives you time to set up for a super or dash in if you are at a distance.

I main Akuma and fireballs are amazing. Zankouhadouken are like my bread and butter. Also like I said before, the tripple fireballs... most people can't parry all three so that gives me ample time to do that jump in slide kick, dash in, or teleport over so I can get a super or a grab off.

I am easily not the best at 3S but at an arcade, I can put up a fight.

PyronIkari

Quote from: abcbadcat on September 01, 2008, 01:04:58 PM
Pyron

I didn't get into Street Fighter until 3S, I didn't like the whole SF2 series at all (flame me if you like, w/e). I am more of a Soul Caliubur and Brawl player than anyting.

I never liked the SF2 series since all you would hear is haDOUken haDOUken or TIGER TIGER TIGER and if you've played in arcades then you will know what I mean.

Fireballs are useful in 3S, WTF. You EX a fireball, have the opponent either guard or parry them and that gives you time to set up for a super or dash in if you are at a distance.

I main Akuma and fireballs are amazing. Zankouhadouken are like my bread and butter. Also like I said before, the tripple fireballs... most people can't parry all three so that gives me ample time to do that jump in slide kick, dash in, or teleport over so I can get a super or a grab off.

I am easily not the best at 3S but at an arcade, I can put up a fight.

-_- Sigh. If basic fireball traps are beating you in SF2 then you suck. Fireballs are a zoning move. You need to learn to get around them. That's the whole point of projectiles. Hell, just play claw, no one will sit there and throw fireballs. If they do, they'll lose for free.

ANYWAYS. Did you not read what I said. Here I'll say it again.

"Unlike say, 3S where fireballs are for the most part useless outside of Urien's and EX versions. "

The problem is, if you're wasting meter on EX fireballs, then you're losing out on options later on. Meter is extremely important in 3S, and here's the thing... if you throw out an obvious ex fireball, they can parry and super you through the 2nd hit(i.e. parry first hit of ex cancel into super go through 2nd hit via invincibility frames and hit you). The point of EX fireballs are more to throw out something that is relatively safe as an ender, PERHAPS trick them by throwing a fireball instead of something else, without worrying about being punished on block. If you're throwing out 30% of a meter for this, you better have a good reason.

Akuma's fireballs are useful only after a knock down, and his air one as a zoning lockdown, since even after parried you're relatively safe. People shouldn't be parrying red fireball. It opens up too many options for Akuma. Parry first two block the third, that way they're safe from 50/50 and split second parry change.

Once more, Fireballs are in general useless in 3S. Throwing out a fireball randomly gets you killed, you can't use it to zone, and it rewards the opponent generally more than you since recovery is so slow that they get closer to you.

Stick to SC and Brawl before you argue with people that have been playing SF since 1.

abcbadcat

lol @ u

Like I said before I am not the best at the game but I know enough to get by AND I said I only got into the SF series due to 3S.

You can argue with me all you like but that isn't gonna change how I play.

One thing I did learn from your rant is EX moves take away 1/3rd of your meter.

Mizuki

lol @ 3s helping someone learn a SF game.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mizuki on September 01, 2008, 03:35:37 PM

wwwwwwwwwwww more at "I'm not the best but I'm good enough... even though everything I said is hella scrubby, and doesn't work, I will do it and that means I can beat people... when clearly I cannot but I will talk like I know better than other people."

3S doesn't play like any other SF game, hell not even like 2i. And technically it's not 30% it's based on meter size, I just threw out the approximate number. But what does that matter, you play Akuma... who has no EX.

lyricaldanichan

WTC when does SJSU get Capcom games before SVGL? The world has come to a end :(

Anywhoo what is the "plot" of the game or it more of the same with Gouki/Akuma is the boss character?

abcbadcat

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 01, 2008, 04:56:24 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on September 01, 2008, 03:35:37 PM

wwwwwwwwwwww more at "I'm not the best but I'm good enough... even though everything I said is hella scrubby, and doesn't work, I will do it and that means I can beat people... when clearly I cannot but I will talk like I know better than other people."

3S doesn't play like any other SF game, hell not even like 2i. And technically it's not 30% it's based on meter size, I just threw out the approximate number. But what does that matter, you play Akuma... who has no EX.

I never said I wasn't a scrub lol, you were the one who started flaming me. What is 2i?

OMG AHKUMAH DOENS'T HAVE ANY EX MOVHES? o_O     lol

shinjiboy

How does this game play in comparison w/ SFA3? 

I'm a state student too, but the game right now is way to expensive for my tastes.

PyronIkari

Quote from: shinjiboy on September 05, 2008, 05:21:25 PM
How does this game play in comparison w/ SFA3? 

I'm a state student too, but the game right now is way to expensive for my tastes.

It plays like Super Turbo... not A3.

shinjiboy

Crap, there goes the time wasted by playing SFA3.

Anyway, I was just at the SU today and it looks like there are 4 machines up and running!