i think ive outgrown fanimecon

Started by satanic_mechanic, August 27, 2008, 12:34:50 PM

Steve.Young

Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 01:10:15 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on September 03, 2008, 12:55:43 AM
Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 12:46:34 AM
Jealous ?!?!

Psh, so what if I'm a sad, lonely little pathetic excuse for a being ? Doesn't make me jealous of anything. D< Jaykay.

@ Kazuko ~ lulz I <3 joo too doodes. "You're the one person who I trust on this earth" - that guy. PS the show we're watching is hella lame. And you're sitting three feet away from me! Yay!

All you gotta do is call me. It's really just that easy. *wink wink*  ;)

This thread is full of win...

and cake.

Oh and Hotel Parties...yea. Lets just say this next super secret awesome hotel party i'm going to throw will be amazing...I still have to work out the details though =(

Why sir, if I didn't now any better, I'd say that you are a horse.

O.o

Okay. If you say so? I don't understand it but sure.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

XpHoBiaX

Just don't fall asleep on your stomach. O_o

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

JohnnyAR

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on September 02, 2008, 11:28:49 PM
lol you may want to buy two now, cuz my bday is comming up again.
If people didn't live faraway, and I had my own place, I would have thrown a huge party.
okay, two it is then.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ninj4 on September 03, 2008, 12:27:32 AM
I go to FanimeCon because cute nerdy geek girls are my thing, especially when they cosplay.  The competition for their attention is so sad that it's like shooting fish in a barrel... with a shotgun... and no water.

What's your excuse?
el oh el, ryan.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 03, 2008, 07:41:34 PM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on September 02, 2008, 11:28:49 PM
lol you may want to buy two now, cuz my bday is comming up again.
If people didn't live faraway, and I had my own place, I would have thrown a huge party.
okay, two it is then.

@_@ I am going to be a happy drunken panda....

2010 cosplay...?

Haruka

"I go to Fanime becuase I  can only see people and friends that ONE TIME. It's like a Christmas for me."

It's the same for me.  I'm 28 years old and have been attending Fanime consistantly since 1998.  I'm not a nerd, I swear.  I have friends and a social life and everything.  But life happens and my friends and I are scattered all over CA, now.  We almost lost one of them to ILLINOIS!  So we only get to see each other a few times a year.  Fanime is one of them. 

And there are some times when I wonder if the fact that's I'm pushing 30 and still going to anime conventions is just plain sad.  But then I go and have a great time hanging out with my friends.  And I blow off any stupid notions I had about being "too old." 

So, my advice to you would be to re-evaluate just why it was you began attending conventions in the first place.  You may find your original reasons are no longer valid and either find a new reason to go, or channel your fandom into another venue.  
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

rude32

If your feeling outgrown, try something new. This past year I have had 2 friends who said 08 was there last year because 1) they can get the anime they show anywhere or 2) they can get the stuff they sell in the dealers room for cheaper. Now both of these may be true, but I got them to give the rave and B&W ball a try again, and they loved it. Now they are more tempted to return, even they have been going for the past 10 years. Just give fanime one more shot, but this time, try something you have never tried before.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

XpHoBiaX

I forgot about the B&W ball. I should have a real pretty gown to show off. I've been wanting to go...just never had anything to wear. I like the dances, and mostly showing off my wardrobe. X)

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on September 07, 2008, 01:28:21 AM
I forgot about the B&W ball. I should have a real pretty gown to show off. I've been wanting to go...just never had anything to wear. I like the dances, and mostly showing off my wardrobe. X)
Same here. I threw something together last minute. The only thing I had to purchase that weekend was the tie. I'm on the far left.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

XpHoBiaX

I love ties, I wanted the black and green stripey tie. But I already had a tie that was a sort of cyber gothy green.

Lucky, I didn't have anything to throw together. :/

2010 cosplay...?