i think ive outgrown fanimecon

Started by satanic_mechanic, August 27, 2008, 12:34:50 PM

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 02, 2008, 11:19:48 PM
Quote from: satanic_mechanic on September 02, 2008, 05:34:34 PM
however, in addition to making that point, mikey made another point for me - the 4chan rejects, flamers and general douche bags that make this forum less than it can be.  no one likes to be around jerks and assh*les.  Mikey seems to derive pleasure in picking on other people in pathological fashion.  Its sick.
i officially call bullshit on this.
Second!
because this would have been filled with DO YOU LIKE MUDKIPZ or something equally retarded
@pho: ;O hooott birthday

XpHoBiaX

Well, my bday is Nov 11th. People do alot of things around that time tho too. I dunno.

I've outgrown the Mudkipz thing. It was at fanime, and it should stay there. Overuse is detrimental to my health.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

jazmatazz

CUCUMBERS!

Back OT (haven't read any of the responses btw)  -  if you outgrow fanime, then ya outgrow fanime. Oh well, want a cookie for it ?!

Yeah that was some Dr. Phil shit right there, naa'mean.
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

XpHoBiaX

I hate DR. Phil. :/ He's a bald bastard with funky nose hairs. I made a thread in byo /b/
I'm gonna go and be cool there. ;)

2010 cosplay...?

Ninj4

I go to FanimeCon because cute nerdy geek girls are my thing, especially when they cosplay.  The competition for their attention is so sad that it's like shooting fish in a barrel... with a shotgun... and no water.

What's your excuse?

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

Kazuko

Quote from: Ninj4 on September 03, 2008, 12:27:32 AM
I go to FanimeCon because cute nerdy geek girls are my thing, especially when they cosplay.  The competition for their attention is so sad that it's like shooting fish in a barrel... with a shotgun... and no water.

What's your excuse?
I would suffocate you buut thats how we met ;3 *chu*

Ninj4

Quote from: Kazuko on September 03, 2008, 12:31:13 AM

What's your excuse?

Asphyxiation isn't my kink hun.  ;3

Kazuko

Quote from: Ninj4 on September 03, 2008, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on September 03, 2008, 12:31:13 AM

What's your excuse?

Asphyxiation isn't my kink hun.  ;3
X) oh ryan you silly face <3

XpHoBiaX

;D

My excuse?
I have many. ;)

I saw the word Kink... X]

2010 cosplay...?

jazmatazz

Eiwww, get a room you two.

Or a private thread. Wink WINK ;D
"who said skanks?!"

Kazuko

Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 12:40:01 AM

XD hahahaa I hart you too babycakes

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

jazmatazz

Jealous ?!?!

Psh, so what if I'm a sad, lonely little pathetic excuse for a being ? Doesn't make me jealous of anything. D< Jaykay.

@ Kazuko ~ lulz I <3 joo too doodes. "You're the one person who I trust on this earth" - that guy. PS the show we're watching is hella lame. And you're sitting three feet away from me! Yay!
"who said skanks?!"

Mizuki

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 01, 2008, 11:01:05 PM
there are harder languages than JP. I hear Tagalog is a bitch to learn...

English is a hard language to learn.

Ninj4

Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 12:40:01 AM

Workin' on it.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Mizuki on September 03, 2008, 12:47:31 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 01, 2008, 11:01:05 PM
there are harder languages than JP. I hear Tagalog is a bitch to learn...

English is a hard language to learn.
Russian, Polish and Swedish is sorta tricky too.
Japanese is pretty easy compared to those!  :-\

2010 cosplay...?

Steve.Young

Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 12:46:34 AM
Jealous ?!?!

Psh, so what if I'm a sad, lonely little pathetic excuse for a being ? Doesn't make me jealous of anything. D< Jaykay.

@ Kazuko ~ lulz I <3 joo too doodes. "You're the one person who I trust on this earth" - that guy. PS the show we're watching is hella lame. And you're sitting three feet away from me! Yay!

All you gotta do is call me. It's really just that easy. *wink wink*  ;)

This thread is full of win...

and cake.

Oh and Hotel Parties...yea. Lets just say this next super secret awesome hotel party i'm going to throw will be amazing...I still have to work out the details though =(
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

XpHoBiaX

I'll bring the drinks... ;D
But I may have my own hotel room. O_o it all depends on how much I have been working as a sub lol

2010 cosplay...?

jazmatazz

Quote from: Steve.Young on September 03, 2008, 12:55:43 AM
Quote from: jazmatazz on September 03, 2008, 12:46:34 AM
Jealous ?!?!

All you gotta do is call me. It's really just that easy. *wink wink*  ;)

This thread is full of win...

and cake.

Oh and Hotel Parties...yea. Lets just say this next super secret awesome hotel party i'm going to throw will be amazing...I still have to work out the details though =(

Why sir, if I didn't now any better, I'd say that you are a horse.
"who said skanks?!"

LordKefka

Quote from: satanic_mechanic on September 02, 2008, 05:34:34 PM
man, theres been some interesting response to this thread, and I've had some time to mull it over.

its clear that fanime for me isnt going to be as good as it was when i was 19 or 20; i am growing, constantly changing and evolving as a person and it would only make sense that my con experience would change.

fanime isnt usually the place i go to meet people, but rather to go with people i already know; i believe mikey hit this point before with much less tact and sensitivity, but they tend to be somewhat introverted and uneducated regarding social interaction.  Fanime is a wonderful opportunity to meet people; weirdos aside, there are plenty of people to meet.

however, in addition to making that point, mikey made another point for me - the 4chan rejects, flamers and general douche bags that make this forum less than it can be.  no one likes to be around jerks and assh*les.  Mikey seems to derive pleasure in picking on other people in pathological fashion.  Its sick.

but there will be assholes and douche bags and jerks wherever you go, so that in and of itself alone does not justify not going to the con.  3% of all males have anti-social personality disorder, but that is no reason not to do the things in life you normally do.

so i think the solution is to join staff or conops; if I like the concept of fanime but not the execution of it, then i should either stop going, or actively become a part of it so that i have some influence over the programming.

so it isnt goign to be the same as it was when i was 19 or 20; that doesnt mean anything, other then it is my responsibility to make it my convention.

thanks for all the feedback, guys.  except you, mikey.  you're kind of an assh*le. 

I dunno, that little heads up on by desired trip to Japan by Kaz, Mikey, and Jun was pretty helpful since I'm 1.) never been there obviously and 2.) too lazy to look it up myself =D

It's pretty easy to read the guy though compared to before. Just don't get so sensitive and you're fine. That or look at the back of the cover of the book before judging it on the front (i.e. read between the lines).

Whatever, don't know what's going on here anymore..@_@
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor