2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Rei-Rei

Nightroad

Yes Halloween... I hope to have the cloak part done on my sweeper and maybe a few improvements for my Abel...

Good luck with the crown... ^^b
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Nightroad on October 07, 2008, 07:20:38 AM
Yes Halloween... I hope to have the cloak part done on my sweeper and maybe a few improvements for my Abel...

Good luck with the crown... ^^b
What are people doing for Halloween??
I know I'll probably be doing the same thing I do for three years now. Sit down and do homework until late when the kids stop coming by to trick or treat...

Yukari Kaiba

I'm going over to San Jose for the Winchester Mystery House Cosplay Meetup. I know Kimu is going to be there too and so is Kitty (me and Kimu are doing Abel and Tres XD).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on October 07, 2008, 10:09:12 PM
I'm going over to San Jose for the Winchester Mystery House Cosplay Meetup. I know Kimu is going to be there too and so is Kitty (me and Kimu are doing Abel and Tres XD).
Awww. I'm jealous. =3 Take lots of pictures!

Charis

Lament that I live down in Southern California. ;P

Nah, friends and I usually haunt her parents' front yard, because the kids in that neighbourhood still trick-or-treat.  I think we're changing plans this year, with a good part of our usual gang out of the country, and I'll just be heading up to their place in SLO for some laziness and hanging-out, or something like that.

I know I have to wear something in to work, though, because people are demanding it.  Not sure what, as I have to go in and out of our not-quite-clean-room throughout the day and that's rather a hindrance on certain outfits ...
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Charis I didn't know you lived so far away! O.o
It's a shame, but, despite how close I am to San Jose, I'm not sure I can go on Halloween...It depends on what my friend is doing...We have a Halloween tradition...

Charis

I'm in Santa Barbara, Nightroad, so it's around four and a half hours up to San Jose, barring traffic.  Not horrid, admittedly, but still.

(I really need to remember to borrow the camera from my folks again tonight.  I keep wanting to take progress photos.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

The Halloween gathering at the Winchester Mystery House is great fun.
I wish everyone from our TB thread could be there (in TB costume or not!)

And Nightroad, you can always start a new tradition....join us!
LOL!

Otherwise, hopefully everyone will have fun, whatever they do that night.

And Rei-Rei--it'll be lovely to see your Esther costume when it's done!
I'm also looking forward to when Charis has some progress pics posted.

Rei-Rei

What is the Halloween cosplay gathering?
Is it like a gathering for a lot of people or just the Trinity Blood people?

Yukari Kaiba

its just a cosplay gathering at the Winchester Mystery House Eurobeat King from cosplay.com organizes every year. Everyone comes in different cosplays (me and Kimu are just doing TB together), and after we all walk around the gardens (which are free to tour) we all go out to eat =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Rei-Rei

Okay... So I'm kinda needing more reference pictures of Queen Esther.....
Not the anime version but I think most people have seen her fan art version with a lot of roses...
Would anyone happen to know where I might find some more? I saw them a while back but lost it...

Nightroad

Sorry Rei-rei I can't help with the pics... Queen Esther is hard to find... Plenty of pics of Queen Esther cosplayers tho'...

And yes I want to see in progess/finished pics of Charis's and Rei-Rei's costumes!!! ;D

In other news I finally got fabric for this years cosplay! YAY!!! 7 yards of white...

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Nightroad on October 12, 2008, 11:16:30 AM
And yes I want to see in progess/finished pics of Charis's and Rei-Rei's costumes!!! ;D
Sorry. The project will be on hiatus for about a month... =\ But I WILL get it done on time for Fanime.....
Still trying to juggle school, college applications, and moving.

Quote from: Nightroad on October 12, 2008, 11:16:30 AM
In other news I finally got fabric for this years cosplay! YAY!!! 7 yards of white...
Don't tell me you're going to cosplay as Cain?

Charis

Only seven yards?  *giggles*  I don't know how much I'll actually wind up using, mind you, but I'm sitting on somewhere in the vicinity of fifty yards of white fabric right now, between habit twill and lining (okay, it's 30 yards of the lining fabric, and I know most of that won't get used for the finished cosplay -- some of it'll be mock-up material) and other stuff.  I got a good laugh last night over how, with all that white fabric and my hoops and petticoat, I feel like I should be preparing for a wedding or something!

I keep forgetting to borrow the camera when I go by my parents' place, so hopefully I'll remember next time!  OTOH, my first draft of glove cross doesn't look as good as I'd hoped, so I'm in the process of trying to do it over again.  Lots of unpicking going on as I keep deciding, "No, don't like it.  Take ... um, fifteen!"  (I'm making crazy progress on the Soul Eater anime in the process, though. Embroidery is awesome for watching stuff.)

Now, where did my scissors go?

And ew, Rei-Rei, moving -- I'm sorry.  :\  I just got done with a move myself (and, luck willing, will have another before Fanime), so I feel your pain!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

I actually don't mind moving......
It's actually the combination of my sister unpacking my packages and throwing away the boxes before checking that nothing is broken, and me digging through what's left in the house to find a receipt.... And the fact I'm partially on pause with decorating my room because I'm broke.... And going into oral surgery soon to get my wisdom teeth removed...

Seven yards... >.>;
Hehe, I wonder how much of my dress that will cover... I think there's going to be a lot more white than there is black this year. ^^

Nightroad

Yes my costumes only seven yards... but it doesn't have any exciting trim so it really doesn't need more then that... It's a very full cloak with loooong sleaves... and a tunic underneath... Plus I still need the armor...and weapon...uggggg! @-@

Charis I am sorry the gloves didn't come out right on your first try, but remember TB costumes are hard and require paitence... I konw you can do it!!!! d^^b

Quote from: Rei-Rei on October 14, 2008, 07:53:35 AM
IAnd going into oral surgery soon to get my wisdom teeth removed...

Good luck with the wisdom teeth. I got mine removed just two months ago... It was my first surgery and it went fine! ^^ Iam sure you'll be fine too! Take your time with in progress/finished pics! It's no biggie!

Charis

If I did my math right, it'll take me about three yards of fabric to get all the bias tape I need for Kaya made.  (My Dharma Trading shopping cart right now has twenty yards of stuff sitting in it.  Next time I move, fabric will definitely outweigh books!)

Quote from: Nightroad on October 14, 2008, 04:54:12 PMCharis I am sorry the gloves didn't come out right on your first try, but remember TB costumes are hard and require paitence... I konw you can do it!!!! d^^b

Believe you me, I'm learning that one quickly -- and I always wind up doing a lot of unpicking in the course of a cosplay.  (I think I disassembled my outer coat for Risai something like six times by the end, counting the four (!!!) times it took me to get the collar right ...)  I'm mostly fussing right now, as it's the sort of portable thing I can take to work and do during breaks.  Trying it another way now, so we'll see how it looks ...

And after about four tries, I think I've got the white paint for my boots looking how I want.  Got the tongues sealed last night, and I'm waiting now for the first layer on the rest of the boots to dry.  Then Wonderflexing, hurrah!  <3  (However, I'm down to just a bitty bit of a bottle of deglazer, and my hands are still white after scrubbing.  This entertains me more than anything else.)

I'm all curious now, Nightroad ... what's this project of yours?
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Next Tuesday.... I will be previewing the first epsidoe of Trinity Blood to the little kiddes at school.
=O
O=
*Gasp!*

Actually one of the highschoolers actually told me they think Full Metal Alchemist is better.
=\
That is a lie!!! Anyways..... Meh. I think oral surgery will go just fine since I had it done before. ^^
Can't wait for fanime...

Nightroad

Quote from: Rei-Rei on October 15, 2008, 12:19:39 AM
Next Tuesday.... I will be previewing the first epsidoe of Trinity Blood to the little kiddes at school.
=O
O=
*Gasp!*
Actually one of the highschoolers actually told me they think Full Metal Alchemist is better.

TB is awsome but I must admit FMA is really great too... It really is. If you have never seen it you should give it a try!

Charis Iam going as a white sweeper from Zetman. It's an obsure but AMAZING manga series. One of my very favorites. You can see the character by clicking on the link below...doesn't have his weapon tho'...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/german_partners_in_crime/costume.jpg