2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Charis

Better is such an awkward comparison.  (I love FMA too, so ... yeah.  If my sister has her way, we'll be doing that for Fanime also.)  That's kind of awesome, though, showing kids anime at school.

Nightroad, that's really shiny!  Pretty art, and the costume ... ooh.  Can't wait to see how it turns out for you.  :3

(Boots are wholly painted.  Fingers on my right hand are STILL white, though, after being washed something like twelve times over the course of the day.  Hehehe.  Now, I just need to convince myself to get some sewing done tonight.  Sleepy ...)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Awesome costume...
Me likes lots.

I came out of surgery this morning and it was fine....
Though right now I'm hungry and I can't eat (yay i might lose pounds before fanime!)
Though my brothers were being very mean and eating cake and creme brulee infront of my face. ToT

Nightroad

Iam glad your surgry went well! Sorry you can't eat tho'...

Congrats on your boots Charis!!!! You're one step closer to done! (shoe pun intended...)
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Rei-Rei

CAAAAAAAAAAKE.

Okay so you think cake has nothing to do with Trinity Blood?!?
YOU'RE WRONG!  >:(
The purdy colors of the cake looks like Cain.....

Sorry had to do that....

I realized this: My trinity blood inspiration mainly came from cake.
Yes from cake... I started wanting to do the White version of Esther Blanchett cosplay because of the colors of a strawberry shortcake.
Okay that may seem silly...... but Cake.

Nightroad

Cake *cough* uh sorry I meant Cain *cough*cake *cough* rules the world... XD

kimu

Fellow Abel...I'm a bit worried about you on that post....
If I read that correctly around your coughing, I think it's: "Cain cake rules the world"
???
But we don't want Cain to rule the world, and sadly, cake should be something yummy and sugary sweet, which...well, it's just not something I associate with Cain....

And Queen Esther as a cake??
That's scary too!!!

Good luck with your costume project, Nightroad!

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimu on October 20, 2008, 07:58:38 PM
And Queen Esther as a cake??
That's scary too!!!
You'll have to admit... her poffy dress does remind you of a cake..... Like a pie... But yeah. A cake.

Charis

... now I'm stuck with the mental image of the Trinity Blood cake/cupcake series -- especially given some of the cupcake jokes that were running around the cos.com forum (and refering to Kaya lovingly as my Vatican Cupcake project).  Oh dear ...

(Though cake does go wonderfully with tea.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

blancoisma

Quote from: kimu on September 30, 2008, 10:25:30 PM
Y-con was fun!
Our Trinity Blood gathering was a little messed up for a number of reasons, but we did what we could with the little time we had with people or chaos around us--like being kicked out of the area we wanted for photos. :S
Didn't get to the do the "Di dies in Cain's arms" pic....alas!!
But we did get some fun and nice pics and it was great to see everyone that was there!!
Although I do get "blame Cain" for my missing the Bleach gathering as Ukitake! LOL! (however, it was worth waiting for Cain for the fun we had.)

I have pictures posted:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/Y-con%2008/

There's nothing "bad" posted, the pics are all "tame", even if a couple are maybe a "little edgy".
I hope you enjoy them!
Just keep thinking of the fun we can have at Fanime next year....
;p

Kimu! I'm loving the pics! They turned out really well! I like how this time around I actually made an effort to wear makeup so I would look somewhat pale, so I'm really glad I looked decent. I also have come to the conclusion that I am waaay to tall to be an Ion cosplayer cause everyone in the gathering is like, half my size when I look at past pictures from Fanime and whatnot. I'm still going to remake it for next year and hopefully my friend will be able to come along as a Queen Esther ( although, that's still up in the air, :)

On another note you guys, this may not be Trinity Blood related, but I really want to do another cosplay where I can re-use my Ion wig. It's such a convenience being able to re-use wigs and I would really like some ideas to good characters with a hairstyle similar to the blonde wig I'm wearing. I'd appreciate some ideas everyone. Also, a bit over 7 months till next Fanime! XD
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

Rei-Rei

Ooooh yes!
Maybe we can be opposite Queen Esthers??

Nightroad

@ Kimu: Theres nothing to worry about... there's nothing but hat between me and Cain!!! ^^ Besides wouldn't eating Cain cake be similar to burning an effigy? (*winces* thats spelt wrong)

Blancoisma!!!!! Long time no see!!! Two queen Esthers plus my esther plus whoever else...
@.@ All us Abels better be prepared!!!!!!!!!

Rei-Rei

Hm. Since we've been talking about costumes a lot lately....
Let's see. What do we do at the gatherings beside take pictures?
I dunno. I maybe might make om nom noms for the gathering if I remember. =3

kimu

It depends on how much time everyone has.
Of course we get everyone together for the group shots and to allow anyone that wants to photograph the group get their chances. But we can have some fun with the photo shoot, too.
We can choose to set up a couple shorter group shots where we give out a "5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." and then switch to another arrangement if we want it a bit more fun than standing in the same pose for 5 minutes.

Then...it's usually fun to set up sub groups, like...everyone from the Vatican, Orden, Empire, etc.
If we have enough of the same character, we can have some fun with that, too. ;)
Then set up shots that pair up characters for either recreating a scene from the anime, manga, or artbooks. Or set up something funny.
I have tons of examples of all of these types of things on my photobucket website from different conventions, including last year's Fanime. This kind of thing is so much fun and time can fly right by while you're doing it.
It's not a bad idea to go into the photo shoots with some ideas in mind, although we'll always get spur of the moment stuff, too.

Once we are done with the photos we want, if we wanted to make another try at a picnic of sorts--we kind of did a mini-one last year, we could do something like that. Eat munchies and make 13-sugar teas. Only this time...we will have paper towels or napkins!!
Nightroad could offer dance lessons again, maybe. teehee
Depending on if others had to run off for panels or other events, there's things like going shopping together, through artist's alley...etc.

Fellow Abel...eating Cain cake is still not a good thing and somehow does not seem like burning an effigy....it's just...gaaah.
Somehow, if you're not careful with this, you might need to make a confession soon.....
;p

Charis, I certainly hope you don't end up looking just like cake when done....this whole cake thing just is too scary!!

And blancoisma, I'm very happy you liked the pictures!
My friend Betsy did a pretty good job with the ones she took, which obviously included anything with me in it. LOL!
And nothing wrong with being practical in cosplay with wigs and such!
As for height...well, yeah, Ion's short. But Abel's tall and I'm not...we just do what we can with that....
;D

Rei-Rei

Hey... Hey...
I will eat Charis if he looks like Cain-cake. >.>;
No doubt about that.

Charis

I doubt I'll look like Cain-cake -- too many frills and too much blue.  Vatican habit =/= Cain-wear, after all (unless the occasional bouts of crossdressing run in the family ...?).

I finally remembered to snag the camera from my parents', so I'll try to get some photos over the weekend.  :3  (Not to worry, Kimu, I don't think it'll be that bad ...)

I'm all for group activities -- those are always fun!  (And my sister has informed me she's okay with tagging along even if she's not in the right kind of cosplay, hehe.)  But so much really does depend on scheduling, when it all comes down to it.  Hopefully we'll have a nice block of time!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Quote from: Charis on October 23, 2008, 09:01:19 AM
I doubt I'll look like Cain-cake -- too many frills and too much blue.  Vatican habit =/= Cain-wear, after all (unless the occasional bouts of crossdressing run in the family ...?).

Well there was that one part in the novel... Abel as a nun *shudders* Oh the memories!!! but  More like the cosplayers are prone to occasional bouts of crossdressing!!!

But still don't worry Kimu... I don't need to confess... yet.
My Esther-chan on the other hand...

And Rei-Rei, gatherings are tons of fun!!! ^^ Last year we had a blast with the "Burn in Hell" signs and then at the picnic! AH that was fun! We were completely unprepared tho'... If we do that agina we'll bring napkins!!! And a blanket! Last year everyone brought food... Tho' I do love my sugar cubes and tangerines!!!
Oh that reminds me! Kimu when would we get together for the dreaded 13 sugar tea? (Tho' I've tried it before and know what to expect... *shudders*)

kimu

Fellow Abel--We could maybe get together in the morning for tea, of course....or a bit before the photo shoot...imagine the joy we can bring the rest of the TB group if we Abels are already enjoying the benefits of 13 sugar tea....or after the photo shoot....whatever works best. There's a tea place in the one hotel, and need be, I'd be happy to treat you to tea.
;)

Charis--as you know when Captain Mom hung out with some TBers at AX....and last year at Fanime we had a Chobit I believe, and I didn't have my TB costume done so I was hanging out in other costumes....no worries about your sister being with us.
It'll be fun!

Next Friday is the Halloween event at Winchester Mystery House for some of us.
I hope your Tres costume is coming along okay, Yukari!!

Charis

I believe I threatened progress pictures.  Directory is here, though it's general and not just Toribla (and some of the stuff in there is OLD.

I meant to sew today, but I just wasn't in the mood, so I Wonderflexed my boots some, worked on the armband armour-piece, and then laid about cabochons to see what the primary cross might look like when I get the setting made up.

Petticoat, hoops, and bloomers still try to eat my living room.  And alas, I babysit tomorrow, so I'm not likely to get much more done (though the kids are awesome, so it's okay).  Now, to test more dyes!

(I told Kimu this, but my sister and I had already been joking around about bringing a tea set up for when we're in Bleach cos -- although the cups will be dead wrong.  The teapot can easily be rolled over into Toribla photo ops if we do.  XD  We may even have a picnic basket.  Thirteen sugars is too many, but I'm a big fan of tea ... hmm, should make some now ...)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Oooh... The boots look really cute!

Nightroad

Your outfit looks great so far Charis!!! O.o

And worry not! Your more then welcome to drink tea with us! ^^