2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on September 15, 2008, 10:07:57 PM
Quote from: blancoisma on September 15, 2008, 09:12:56 PM
Hey all, it's Ion Fortuna from our lovely group at Fanime this year! I haven't been on here in ages, and unfortunately for those that remember, I was not able to attend Anime Weekend Atlanta after all, and my repairs on Ion never happened. This I blame on work, and me being the world's laziest bastard. But, if you guys will have me, I still want to see everyone next year as a completely revamped Ion : )

And Kimu! You're going to be at Y-Con? I'm going to be there too! I'm going to be wearing Ion again ( even though it's still craptastic at the moment ) so I really look forward to saying hello. Maybe we can get some pictures taken? Oh, it's going to be lovely seeing a familiar face : )

I think Kimu is probably experiencing jet lag right now from getting back from NDK, but yes do join us at Y-con! ^o^ I scheduled a TB gathering at noon on Sat. with DuoMonkey so try and make it to that if you can =3

oh snap theres actually a TB gathering at Y-con? awesome XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on September 15, 2008, 10:23:14 PM

oh snap theres actually a TB gathering at Y-con? awesome XD

ah shoot sorry, I should have announced it earlier D= but yeah you better have your mechanical butt at the front lobby at that time or the Orden will hunt you down *_*

Btw Yukari I'm going to try and go to the SF festival thing, so we should try and get Kimu to go too while were at Y-con lol XD

Yukari Kaiba

*insert Tres voice*
Affirmative. Programming rendezvous date of 09-27-2008, location FRONT LOBBY, into internal memory.

haha XD
but yeah we should get Kimu to come to the festival, it would be fun hanging out together again!
omg and we could do purikura photos...in cosplay...XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

*crawls in from getting home at 1 am last night....brushes bangs from face....*
hi everyone!!
*waves*

Yeah for ION!!!
I will add to you the list tonight, have to get to work this morning so time is limited, and YES I will be happy to be with everyone for pictures at Y-con. (And then Halloweeeeen, too...as for that SF thing...tell me more and I'll see.....)
In addition to group pics, if you want special fun photo ops, as long as it's not toooooo uh...overly yaoi....I'll be happy to participate.

I had a LOT of fun at NDK, but there were also some scary things with some very freaky "fan girls". I am hoping I won't experience that at Ycon. Tres, we must protect each other!
If you want to see what stage my costume is to now, here's something from EBK:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1723515/
:)
We're also starting to show up on some other sites right now, too.
I'll get my pics posted soon. Perhaps a few tales, I have to send out a congrats to Inoli for winning 1st in Intermediate cosplay AND craftsmanship for her Abel Nightroad Crusnik. Very exciting!!
more later...must...go to work...Her Eminence is a cruel taskmaster.... ;P

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on September 16, 2008, 08:00:12 AM
I had a LOT of fun at NDK, but there were also some scary things with some very freaky "fan girls". I am hoping I won't experience that at Ycon. Tres, we must protect each other!

what happened at NDK? D8?!
XD
anyways, here's a link to a thread on c.com about the festival : http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=160281
it seems like its basically like Cherry Blossom minus the grand parade and that its only during one weekend. but they're having a cosplay contest/show sponsored by Japan Video and some other fun events. I'm thinking I'm only going to be there on sunday for the cosplay event.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Nightroad

MAn!!! Its not fair!!!!! >.< I wanna see you all a Y-con!!! But *hangs head* I can't... TT_TT

Hi Ion!!! Its a shame you weren't able to go to that con... And don't diss your costume its amazing!!!!!!

*laughs* Those are some great pics Kimu!!! Your costume is awsome! ^^ And your glasses are staight too!!! I want to get better glasses for my Abel but Esther and Kate say that the bent beat up ones are perfect...
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

*crawls back to the computer after being sent home sick from work*

Okay, got our Ion added! Yeah!

Thanks for the info on the SF festival.
If I don't end up out of town on that weekend, I'll see what I can do.
Do you have more info on the contest itself? Of course, I'd have to decide what to take...I was kind of planning on saving entering Abel for Cherry Blossom next spring, and maybe Sakura Con or something for an actual convention for the craftmanship stuff....

Here's a link to the Halloween event for the locals:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=159758
EBK sets this one up.
If you can join us, do so! It's free, it's FUN, and what better than Abel Nightroad going trick or treating??? Well, IF Tres can make it (if you don't wear something else Yukari) I think it'd be hilarious to set up Abel making Tres trick or treat, which would end up something like:
Tres: "I fail to see the logic in this action, Father Nightroad."
Abel: "Well, if you don't want your candy, Tres.....I'll be more than happy to enjoy it for you!!" ;)

So...NDK....
I'll start working on my photo uploads tonight. It'll be on my usual photobucket account, and I'll update this post with the link. It'll take me a few days to finish.

Overall, it was great! Those from the c.com forums and Denver area for Trinity Blood I met were "made of awesome". Fey and Inoli (and Amanda) especially, whom I stayed with, but a number of others, too. Our TB grouping was a lot of fun. Inoli had her new Petros "wearable enough" (armor to come in the future) and later on with some others we set up the shots from the manga with "mummy Petros", and an Ion, Tres, and myself as Abel.
I met a few Bleachers Saturday morning, but had to give up waiting for the Shonen Jump gathering to get going (sadly disorganized from what I saw by no one being there on time to run it). And I had fun wearing my Kenshin on Sunday....
But...the not so fun was some of the glompy fan girlz. I learned how to have my thumbs ready to give them a wee jab in the lower ribs to slow their approach. And I had a couple stalkers as Abel and even as Kenshin. One who kept wanting to "collect me", and one of them even asked about touching me in very inappropriate places!! It was unreal. One of my friends got stalked numerous times by someone in a Joker costume where it lost the funny aspect. Another friend got a 'fake' kiss full on the lips where the girl jumped her, did at least use her thumbs to avoid actual lip contact, but it was still beyond acceptable behavior.
As someone mentioned in their rant on this type of behavior on the c.com forum for NDK feedback, in the "real world" some of this could be considered as assault. Why some people think they can lose all respect for others' personal space and costumes at a con is sad. I remember reading how some of the Fanime policies had changed because of poor behavior, and I have to say how much nicer the Fanime crowd was regarding this unrequested glomping and 'groping' fan behavior.
That crud aside, however, I really enjoyed myself and already preregistered for next year. That made the group out there very happy.

Thanks to Inoli, I also now have a prop gun for Abel!! yeah! So along with some last details to finish on Abel's armor and cording, I'll get the holster made. And then be starting on Empire Abel, too! yeah! As I said, if Empire Abel is wearable enough by Fanime, I'll bring it.

update--aww...sorry Nightroad. But if you can make it to the Halloween event???
And glad you liked my updates to my Abel costume.
LOL on the glasses!!! I think the bent ones are amusing, and if you do get new ones, bring the bent ones too for some funny pics. ;)

Charis

Oh, Kimu, did you get con-crud again?  *tsks*
At least it sounds like there was lots of fun had (despite attack-glompers, what the hell?).  I expect to see lots of photos!
(I think every time I hear "wearable enough" now, I'm going to laugh.)

A bit of random amusement from my fallen-off-the-planet end, as I continue the packing-and-finding-a-place-to-move game: the fabric for my Kaya cosplay takes up an entire fabric tote bin.  A BIG one.  :D  I can't wait until this mess is over and I'm settled -- even if it's only for a few months -- into a place where I can start working for serious!
(Granted, not all that fabric's going to get used in the final outfit, and it's not folded neatly, but still!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

kimu

oh..that reminds me, we have a new description for costume status for Trinity Blood, too:
finished enough
Because a TB costume is never really finished....

Good luck with the move, and yes...uh...I am sick again.
*cries*
At least this time there are no fires to make that smoke to keep me sick for long.

Nightroad

Kimu...*sigh*... What are we going to do with you? Sick. Agian. tsk!
DRINK MORE TEA AND SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! SLEEP ALOT!!!!!!!!

But Iam glad you had fun at the con (A prop gun! O.o) hehe! Don't worry ;) the bent glasses will be with me! *laughs* Maybe I'll make that my new avatar...A pic of my bent glasses sitting on a table next to some sugar cubes...

Charis I LOVE that!!! "Finished enough!!!!" It sounds like what we all wnet though before last years con!!!!!! *laughs wildly* And it IS NEVER done! Theres always something or other... *sigh*

Charis

Quote from: Nightroad on September 16, 2008, 07:08:38 PMMaybe I'll make that my new avatar...A pic of my bent glasses sitting on a table next to some sugar cubes...

DO IT.  Even if it doesn't become your new avatar picture, it would be awfully fun to see.  :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on September 16, 2008, 04:16:09 PM
If you can join us, do so! It's free, it's FUN, and what better than Abel Nightroad going trick or treating??? Well, IF Tres can make it (if you don't wear something else Yukari) I think it'd be hilarious to set up Abel making Tres trick or treat, which would end up something like:
Tres: "I fail to see the logic in this action, Father Nightroad."
Abel: "Well, if you don't want your candy, Tres.....I'll be more than happy to enjoy it for you!!" ;)

haha XD I was actually thinking of wearing Tres to the Halloween meetup. I'm sure we'll be able to get some good shots in =D

@your con horror story: wow D8....yikes you had people following you and even asking to touch? just a bit creepy. next time I see you you're going to have to show me that thing with the thumbs and the jabbing into the ribs you were talking about (figured it'd be good to know XD)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

What you do with the thumbs is hold out your arms almost like you're going to hug them, but arms are not allll the way out. You're preparing to actually shield yourself--and if you really needed to, they'd contact your arms that you could even cross as a block and you could then step to the side so they missed you.
As they get to your fingers you've got them low enough to get them around midsection--right at the bottom of the ribs and push juuuust so gently.
It seems to slow their velocity a bit.
;p

I have all the TB pics up from NDK now...and am working on the other NDK albums.
Any pictures that have me in them were taken by Inoli or Fey on my camera.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/NDK%2008%20Trinity%20Blood/

I also have an NDK costume contest album started, too. You can access that on my photobucket account by getting to the full list of albums. Right now it just has videos of the TB contestants and another TB c.com cosplayer with her lovely kimono.

And if you do wear Tres to Halloween, we most certainly CAN get good shots.
I believe we can even have normal prop/toy guns for that shoot! Unlike some cons where it's supposed to be 'clear or brightly colored' stuff....dunno about you but Tres with bright pink or neon green guns just doesn't work for me. ;p

Yukari Kaiba

haha  I agree on the gun bit XD the Nerf guns I bought are actually yellow, orange, and black, so they don't look too bad, but after Y-con they're going a nice gunmetal silver :3
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Nightroad

*laughs* those are some great pics Kimu!!!! It looks like you had fun! (fan girls aside!^^)

kimu

Y-con was fun!
Our Trinity Blood gathering was a little messed up for a number of reasons, but we did what we could with the little time we had with people or chaos around us--like being kicked out of the area we wanted for photos. :S
Didn't get to the do the "Di dies in Cain's arms" pic....alas!!
But we did get some fun and nice pics and it was great to see everyone that was there!!
Although I do get "blame Cain" for my missing the Bleach gathering as Ukitake! LOL! (however, it was worth waiting for Cain for the fun we had.)

I have pictures posted:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/Y-con%2008/

There's nothing "bad" posted, the pics are all "tame", even if a couple are maybe a "little edgy".
I hope you enjoy them!
Just keep thinking of the fun we can have at Fanime next year....
;p

Rei-Rei

Seems like you had fun at Yaoi-con.
Sigh. I wish I was there. >.<;

Update: My jewelery for Queen Esther is done. ^^

Nightroad

oooohhh!!! Rei-Rei!!!!! Your jewels are finished!?! I bet they look great! And congrats! As most of the other TB cosplayers will agree, getting the bling is half the battle! ;)

Speaking of TB... is anyone else concerned that TB is short for Tuberculosis?(the contagious disease) What if an outsider gets the wrong idea about the "TB gathering"?  :-\ Although that'd be a pretty interesting misunderstanding... ;)

As for me this weekend is going to be a busy one... *whinces* lots of costume and school stuff to do...

Iam glad you all had fun at y-con... wish I coulda been there..!

Rei-Rei

TB is only contagious for a period of time... >.>;
With the modern technology we have... TB isn't as deadly as it used to be... Unless you don't treat it. ^^

Thoughhhhhhh. Even though I said my bling was done. I'm still missing my crown and costume.
It'll probably be on pause for the while, since I'm busy with college applications. xD

kimu

Just for the fun of knowing, which version of Queen Esther are going to do, Rei-Rei?
The white or the black dress version?
:D

Good luck with your costume progress and your applications.

And you are soooo funny Nightroad.
You know already that Ukitake is sometimes nicknamed "Captain TB"....
*coughs*
LOL!!!

Had fun with Yukari and Kitty at the Aki Matsuri yesterday!
Next up--Halloween!!!!
:)