2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

kimu

Well, yes, God did provide us one napkin for Her Eminence's needs last year at the picnic.....
But we'll do better this year!!

Anyone that has the time to hang out and munch with us should do so!!

I'll be sure to find us some kind of tarp type/picnic table covery thing, too, as there doesn't seem to a be place with chairs and tables outside at that zone. (Time permitting I'll decorate it with an AX theme. ;) )
Also, there is the park nearby where the Bleach group gathers for some pre-big-gathering fun events. We could go there if the weather was nice and if we wanted a short walk away from the con center.
As for tea and coffee, while our hotel rooms don't offer up too much in the way of making hot water for tea--there is a Pete's Coffee or something like that in the one hotel (and they have tea, too, of course, which I did get while at the con last year ;p) . So right before the picnic, anyone who wanted something like that could obtain it. (Then we Abels shall begin the 13 sugar ritual? LOL!)
Thermos idea is also a good idea! (To be expected of Captain Mom!!)
And those confections sound awesome, o future Gypsy Queen. ;)
And I'm sure I could bring some other things to add to it, too.

As for Y con...well, I survived it rather well. NDK was actually more scary!!
If you go back and read the old thread you'll see stories posted, and links to pics. (If you get to my photobucket, all of the albums are up there from the main taleoryn page labeled by event.)
*grin*

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Ester-chan on November 06, 2008, 11:13:39 PM
Uh...question...what if you don't like tea? D': Depressing, I know...but...I prefer hot chocolate. I might just have to bring my own, I guess XD Or drink Starbucks...XDDD
Have you tried Milk Tea yet? It's really good you know, its not really like tea at all....Not really.
I mean it is like tea, but it isn't like tea in a way....
I'm also behind the tea idea and am willing to bake muffins, cookies, brownies, scones... Strawberry shortcake? Anything people feel like having.

Yukari Kaiba

milk tea is super yummy =D (personally I like coconut milk tea even better X3).
I really need to take progress pictures to show you guys, my cassock is coming along nicely, and my boots came last friday too (so awesome XD)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on November 07, 2008, 02:23:02 PM
milk tea is super yummy =D (personally I like coconut milk tea even better X3).
I can make really good milk tea, but I acutally prefer to buy it at Oto's Marketplace... They have the best milk tea. =3
And I was thinking... Where would we actually have tea, if were to have one?

kimu

We have a few options for our tea/picnic.....

1) There are tables inside the convention center main hall/lobby zone for relaxing and eating. We can attempt to take one over for our fun.
This could be always be our back up location in case of funky weather or high winds.

2) Where we did our mini-picnic last year--outside, just off to the side where it's mostly out of sight of the fountains. Having a tarp to spread out will allow us to protect costumes from anything icky on the ground. At least...prior to when we begin to munch. teehee

3) The park that is right nearby, where I mentioned the Bleach crew gathers. There is a large grass area, and I seem to recall there are picnic tables further down? Or we again can spread a waterproof tarp on the grass and picnic there.

4) Some other place in or right around the con center that would work someone else knows about.

And yeah for the costume progress!
I WANT to see pics, oh Tres!!!
:)

Charis

Oooh, progress pictures?!  *perks up*  Look forward to seeing them, Yukari.

... any opinion of mine as to locale will have to wait until I fuss out whether I can sit in hoops or not. T_T  The ground is definitely doable, but I'm still leery about chairs.  Practise, practise, practise!  Either way, hopefully we'll have lovely weather -- not too hot and neither wet nor windy.  Neither black nor white does too well with dirt, I daresay.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Perhaps we should create a sign up sheet for picnic goodies? Ya know to prevent the  same confusion that ensued last year...

Oooh! I just wish we could have our picnic at the Rosen headquaters!!! >.< But they're too far awayy... TT_TT

As for Esther-chan not liking tea... I tried to convert her last year she came over and I forced her to try different types of tea... ^^;; I didn't try milk tea tho'... Oooooh Eeeeesther -chaaaan why don't you come over for awhile? ;)
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Nightroad on November 07, 2008, 05:19:54 PM
As for Esther-chan not liking tea... I tried to convert her last year she came over and I forced her to try different types of tea... ^^;; I didn't try milk tea tho'... Oooooh Eeeeesther -chaaaan why don't you come over for awhile? ;)
BWAHAHAHA. We shall force milk tea down Esther-chan's throat!!! :o

Ahem... Anyways.
I think con grounds would work... besides... I kinda don't want to be walking too much outside dragging my white dress on the streets. >.<!!

kimu

I just can't condone the violence of forcing things down anyone!
If Esther-san does not like milk-tea, she can have whatever she likes!
:D
Er...well, within reason and budget, of course! teehee

And no, we wouldn't want royalty dragging her dress around. So we will take that into consideration for location.
Maybe you could have a small cushion to sit on once we put down a tarp.
Also, those of us with more stable footwear and lack of skirts will be happy to assist anyone wishing to sit and then get safely back up. As well as help re-arrange costumes and hair out of place.

Hopefully, we'll set up the picnic to be after the main photo gathering shoot is done. I'd rather have it after than before. (And you don't have to be in TB costume for it, as we did say before.)
Once we get closer to Fanime and the Masquerade and other key events, as well as the large photo gatherings have been set up, we'll try to find the best day and time for everyone.

I'm also thinking to have the picnic supplies up in my hotel room ready to go, but go up and get them after the photo shoot. That way we don't have to worry about the stuff during the shoot.

Rei-Rei

That actually is a really good idea. ^^

By the way, which hotel does everyone plan to stay at?

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on November 09, 2008, 09:05:13 AM

And no, we wouldn't want royalty dragging her dress around. So we will take that into consideration for location.
Also, those of us with more stable footwear and lack of skirts will be happy to assist anyone wishing to sit and then get safely back up. As well as help re-arrange costumes and hair out of place.

Hey! >.< You make it sound easy to sit in a casock!!! TT_TT It's hard to sit cross legged in Abel's out fit!!!

Rei-Rei: I don't know which hotel yet... ^^;;; I should probably start figuring that out...

Charis

I was so very, very sad when I realised I will probably not be able to sit seiza in Kaya -- because of the boots.  And the hoopskirt will likely prohibit chairs.  Ah well, ground it is for me, and thank god for my bloomers!  (Unless I bring a stool.  Believe me, I'm considering it!)

The sister (who has offered to photomonkey for the tea party, and thinks it is an awesome idea) and I were in the Hilton last year, and will try for that or the Marriot this year -- Hilton by preference as it has fridges.  She does not get along too well with walking at times, and if I'm going to be making umpteen million cosplay changes, I want to be close!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Nightroad on November 09, 2008, 10:58:09 AM
Quote from: kimu on November 09, 2008, 09:05:13 AM

Hey! >.< You make it sound easy to sit in a casock!!! TT_TT It's hard to sit cross legged in Abel's out fit!!!

Rei-Rei: I don't know which hotel yet... ^^;;; I should probably start figuring that out...

I'm still wondering how I"m going to sit and not take up all the space. xD
I'm wearing a really long dress (with 4-6 inch hells) >.>;;; Not to mention the hoop skirt.
I'll be surprised if I can even sit down properly.... But anyways... LOL to eating... I still need to figure out if I can get a teacup to my mouth without having it ruin my collar...

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Charis on November 09, 2008, 11:14:27 AM
And the hoopskirt will likely prohibit chairs.  Ah well, ground it is for me, and thank god for my bloomers!  (Unless I bring a stool.  Believe me, I'm considering it!)
Ah Snap! I didn't think about this...
>.>;

Charis

If it's any consolation with the collar, I plan on bringing napkins -- if I can remember to pick up cloth ones.  It's part of a larger plan. :3  That'll at least help?

(I've tried to sit with my hoops, to no luck. I assume it's possible, but I don't know if it depends on what they're stiffened with or the like.  Must consult with others for advice ...  If nothing else, we can be poufy white things?)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Charis on November 09, 2008, 12:42:12 PM
If it's any consolation with the collar, I plan on bringing napkins -- if I can remember to pick up cloth ones.  It's part of a larger plan. :3  That'll at least help?

(I've tried to sit with my hoops, to no luck. I assume it's possible, but I don't know if it depends on what they're stiffened with or the like.  Must consult with others for advice ...  If nothing else, we can be poufy white things?)
I'm sure i'll bring napkins and such too...
But yes we can be poofy white things that draws attention to the picnic area.

kimu

I'm going to suggest having some straws for those with challenging costumes....
I know it might look silly, but even if just opt for some water....it'll be helpful. Want to keep you properly hydrated without floating you out of the con, of course!! And it can help prevent any mess getting on you.
:D
(I know some TBers that have certain costumes they can't eat at all while they are wearing them.)

Also, you don't have to sit if you can't....worst comes to worst, that's okay, too....

And Nightroad?
We must figure your costume out...because I have manged to nap while sitting on the floor up against a wall at NDK, sat and eaten at restaurants, knelt for some poses, laid full out on the floor....
It's actually my foot armor that makes it trickier to do some things than the cassock for me.
hmmmm
Of course, you did make yours anime style...did you run the front of your cassock further down before it opens?? That could be it right there....
:P

Nightroad

Hey! That reminds of the best pose I did with siter Kate and Sister Esther!!! We pretened like I just fell and they glared at me...

And Kimu, mostly its just hard to sit cross legged... *sigh*

Oh! Lady Cat (the one I came with) had probs with her hoop skirt last year, if you kneel it makes it easier because you can then just let if fall around you, same for sitting cross legged. Me and Lady Cat ran "sitting drills" before hand! *laughs* Oh shes gonna kill me now...
*Runs for dear life while screaming "Don't take my food rations!!!"*

kimu

Hm..seems to me practicing in a trickier costume before you get to the con is a good thing. So I applaud Lady Cat's diligence to the art of looking good at the con!!

So...poor fellow Abel....just have to be sure we don't try to put you into a cross-legged pose for photos then...  ;p
And for the picnic....is there any way you can sit???
After all, we must have 13 sugar tea and create the proper mood of mayhem needed from Father Nightroads!!
;D

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimu on November 12, 2008, 07:36:17 AM
So...poor fellow Abel....just have to be sure we don't try to put you into a cross-legged pose for photos then...  ;p
And for the picnic....is there any way you can sit???
After all, we must have 13 sugar tea and create the proper mood of mayhem needed from Father Nightroads!!
That. Or we can just go out to tea with a small group of people.