2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on November 12, 2008, 07:36:17 AM
And for the picnic....is there any way you can sit???
After all, we must have 13 sugar tea and create the proper mood of mayhem needed from Father Nightroads!!
;D

Hmmmm *laughs* Sounds like a challenge!!!! I shall have to do my best!!! ;D

Tho' last year my box of sugar sure did keep me going!!! and made for some great poses!!! Who can forget Cane Sugar? Or the certain feeding frenzy that resulted fron Cain's tricky costume?
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Rei-Rei

kimu

You know...the more I think about "Pure Cain Sugar" the more scared I become.
It's just..."Pure" and "Cain" just do not go together.
And "Cain" and "sugar"? He's not exactly someone you'd say truly has a sweet disposition after all.

Instead of sugar, Cain takes "13 spoonfuls of evillllll" a certain Caterina I know commented....
But maybe if we feed Cain MORE sugar cubes this year?
Last year was fun, hopefully next year...even more fun.
:D

And going for tea is always fun, although we shall protect Queen Esther from anyone who might accidentally spill anything right around you....

Charis

Ah, but it can be "Pure Cain Sugar".  It's just purely evil -- possibly the blackened, gooey, crispy kind of sugar you get when you burn it?  :3

(Besides, a Cain hopped up on sugar would be a truly terrifying thing!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimu on November 16, 2008, 09:38:32 AM
And going for tea is always fun, although we shall protect Queen Esther from anyone who might accidentally spill anything right around you....

I think I have all my accessories done for Queen Esther... I just need to go to JoAnn's or something to find red lace... =3

Yukari Kaiba

so now that I found my camera, I have pictures to show of the boots I got for Tres =D :
me wearing them: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1817039/
boots by themselves: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1817040/
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Rei-Rei

Those looks awesome! ^^
By the way, how far is everyone into their project??

Charis

Yukari, those boots look great!

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 17, 2008, 11:49:04 PM
By the way, how far is everyone into their project??

Ehehe ... um ... 3%?  Maybe 4?  I'm on underpinnings and boots and some of the bling, haven't even started the actual habit yet.  On the other hand, I've got most of my supplies put together, except for the casting stuff, and I'm hoping to make major progress over Thanksgiving weekend.  Time off work is good for cosplay!
(Which reminds me, I should get another layer of sealer down on the wonderflex before work.  *scampers!*)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Oooh...crazy boots there!!
;D
Got you some butt kickers, eh? LOL!

As for progress?
*giggles about thinking of Charis starting with the bling first*
Oh..yes...uh...
Vatican Abel is 90% done and already worn at AX, NDK, Y-con, and the Halloween gathering. I have some detailing to finish.
Empire Abel is not officially started, but I'm very far along in the research phase, and a good part of the way through the gathering phase for things to make it.
I don't expect to start making Empire Abel until after the holidays, as I have two other cosplays to complete first-Headmaster Kaien Cross from Vampire Knight, and Yuki from Fruits Basket (don't ask me whyyyy but it's for another group of friends.)

Charis

Quote from: kimu on November 18, 2008, 07:37:30 AM*giggles about thinking of Charis starting with the bling first*

*thhhhhhbt*

I had a perfectly good reason for that!  Small, portable, work-friendly projects when I'd run out of things to take to work for other cosplays -- I swear, that was the only reason!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimu on November 18, 2008, 07:37:30 AM
I don't expect to start making Empire Abel until after the holidays, as I have two other cosplays to complete first-Headmaster Kaien Cross from Vampire Knight, and Yuki from Fruits Basket (don't ask me whyyyy but it's for another group of friends.)
I might see you at the Vampire Knight gathering..
That is if I get around to making (or commissioning if I'm too busy) the costume.....
Or even if I still have the willpower after being the queen. =3

Nightroad

Xo AWSOME boots!!!

Good luck with your costumes everybody!!!

Sorry short post... busy...

Rei-Rei

Hm... So I'm going to start work on the details on my dress...
What do people think about fabric paint? I'm afraid the color won't show up as vibrant...
I was either thinking fabric paint or cutting pieces of fabric or felt or something of that nature and gluing/sewing it onto the dress...

The cons of each, so far:

Fabric paint:
High chance of mess up?
Colors may not be as vibrant...
I hate it when fabric gets stuff from paint.. So it might make my dress poof out weird.

Fabric sewn on:
ugly sewing marks on the dress.
texture of the fabric is uneven.
Would take a long time cutting and pasting.

Yukari Kaiba

theres also the option of using Wonder-Under - is a fusible backing that allows you to bond fabric to fabric, and you'll be able to have the detail pieces on without having any stitching show.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on November 24, 2008, 10:25:21 AM
theres also the option of using Wonder-Under - is a fusible backing that allows you to bond fabric to fabric, and you'll be able to have the detail pieces on without having any stitching show.
M'hmm... And where can I get it?
I was thinking about fusing fabric together.. I'm just afraid the details will look stiff..... If you get what I mean.

Charis

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 24, 2008, 10:26:57 AM
M'hmm... And where can I get it?
I was thinking about fusing fabric together.. I'm just afraid the details will look stiff..... If you get what I mean.

The notions section of most fabric stores.  It depends on the stuff in question how stiff your fabric will get: I've had the devil of a time with Heat and Bond leaving my fabric really stiff, but used Steam a Seam for some edging and had that almost not effect it.  Depends a lot too on what your base fabric is, how much of a deal that'll be.

There are a lot of good fabric paints out there that are particularly vibrant -- anything Jacquard makes is, in my experience, really good.  There are fixatives that you can mix in with them that mean you don't have to heat-set them, and supposedly they make the paint even less stiff; I've got a bottle of the stuff but haven't actually tried it yet, so I can't speak from personal experience.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

I guess I'll probably test all of those before I apply it on my costume. We'll see....
I also have my crown... I'll post pictures of them when I get home. ^^

Edit: Should I have a cloak/cape for my costume? I think I should..... Maybe.

Nightroad

Capes are fun!!! ^^ Just remember that the con is in late spring... It can get pretty hot... but then agian it can be awfully cold too... TT_TT Darn you fickle weather!!!!!!

Rei-Rei

I"m quite unsure about the whole cape thing. I mean I have only been to San Jose once and it didn't rain... It looked awfully close to it though last year.
If it generally rains during con time still, I'm not going to do the cape and just stick with trying to save my dress from dampness...
Anyone have an answer to the whole rain issue?

kimu

@ Rei-Rei
The end of May does have a chance for rain, but in some years, we've already had out last rain storm for the season earlier in the month. Rain is probably not something to worry too much about. And it's true it could vary from hot to a bit chillier if we had fog.
If it is raining outside, we'll keep ourselves indoors. There are some areas in the lower area we can set up some photos and not be in people's ways. But we'll probably be okay. (Famous last words of Abel Nightroad??) :P

I agree with running the tests for your options.
It's the only way to be sure how it would work on a larger scale, when you have to do it multiple times.
Good luck!!