2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Charis

Rei-Rei: she means Lavi from D.Gray-man.  :3

My favourite teas: most things by Twinnings (I especially love 1706, but I can't get it here in the States and I'm almost out ...), Celestial Seasonings' Golden Honey Darjeeling and Sleepytime teas, Moroccan mint, and chai.  'Course, the last two I prefer to make myself.  (And some kinds of green tea and jasmine tea.)  Also have a couple of herbal blends I do myself, usually for when I'm sick.
I prefer most of my tea with milk and sugar.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ester-chan

Quote from: Rei-Rei on December 12, 2008, 05:24:59 PM

Do you hate all types of tea? A certain smell/taste of a certain type of tea?
I'm having a thing right now for yellow plum oolong tea, but you may not like it since the tea itself is really strong.

Anyways. You said Lavi costume... Do you mean Lavi from Last Exile??

Pretty much, yeah. I've never been a tea person. I guess it's because I was never introduced to the stuff as a child. Alas, I am deprived. Well...iced tea is good, in my opinion. But...it's not <tea> if you get my meaning. lol

As for Lavi, as Charis said, it's Lavi from D. Gray-Man.

Charis: That's...a lot of tea o.o;

I know there's a tea shop in the mall in SF...at least if memory serves. For Winter Break I'll need to kidnap Sister Kate, Father Nightroad, and Lady Caterina and ravage the shop XDDDD

Thank you for the suggestions tho'. They make me happy ^^ I'll put together a shopping list or something and go look for some of them. Oh boy, this is gonna be fun. hee hee~
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

Charis

I am a tea fiend.  :3  I don't like coffee unless it's the sugary death that is blended mochas (or stuff that I can't readily get here, heh), but I adore tea.  It was, on the flip, something that I was introduced to when twee, so take as you will.  If you're not big on tea itself (which usually means black or green?), trying some of the other varieties -- white teas, fruit teas, even something more heavily spiced like a chai -- might be a good way to experiment, since those taste less like conventional tea.

Gaaaaaaah, I forgot how long making a corset takes.  But if I can get this done tonight, then I'll be able to start making REAL progress, and that makes me a happy camper.

(Yay, D.Gray-man! :D )
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

*cracks knuckles* Alrighty then... Tea fanatics, UNITE!

A tea I reguarlary drink, I like it but it's not my most favorite would happen to be Early Grey tea from Twinings.
I drink this a lot because it's easy to get, and it doesn't taste horrible like Lipton black tea.
http://www.twiningsusashop.com/earl-grey.html
You can find this at most grocery stores, they come in regular and decaf mode.

Yellow Plum Oolong Tea from Hina's.
http://www.hinastea.com/
I usually just get them at the store because their shop is only like 7 blocks away from my place...
They're technically a tea-bucks, but not a chain so I don't know how you'd get your hands on it...
I don't think they have an online store either which is sad.

Milk Tea. I prefer milk tea by Kirin... The special versions where you get in oddly shapped bottles... I like that even though it may be slightly bitter because it's not too unbearably sweet.

I like Thai tea. I hand make these because I don't like them packaged.

I like a whole bunch of green teas by some company I have no idea because I can't read Chinese...

And then... There's the love of my life:
Marco Polo from Mariage Freres....
Have fun navigating through this site.  ;)
http://www.mariagefreres.com/

Nightroad

Esher-chan... really.... YOU DO RELIZE I HAVE ALMOST EVERY TYPE OF TEA IN MY HOME!
In other words you don't need to go father then me.... *rolls eyes* You've seen my tea cabnet before too!

My favorite tea is Earl Grey!!! <3 Iam not very good with spicy tea... but the weaker teas are yummy yummy!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

I have a fun collection, too!
Although I tend to prefer green and white teas.
Not fond of coffee at all....

But at least we do know there is a coffee and tea shop in the one hotel lobby zone, so we can enjoy such a thing if we get to pull off some sort of picnic idea like we've wanted.
I still say the number of gatherings piling up is quite scary....but we'll find a way!

Nightroad

Charis

Er ... Father Nightroad ... isn't that a little too much sugar, even for you?  O.O

(This morning will be filled with tea and petticoats.  Come on, motivation!)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Quote from: Charis on December 14, 2008, 10:42:29 AM
Er ... Father Nightroad ... isn't that a little too much sugar, even for you?  O.O

@.@ No such thing as "too much"! *sugar buzzed*
@.0
O.@
d@o@b ~SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Nightroad on December 14, 2008, 11:09:54 AM
Quote from: Charis on December 14, 2008, 10:42:29 AM

@.@ No such thing as "too much"! *sugar buzzed*
@.0
O.@
d@o@b ~SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!
You lie. I had a box of Andes chocolates and a couple of candy canes and brownies in two days and was fine... I have no idea what you are talking about...

Charis

I am pleased to report that I now have 30 yards of blue bias tape.  I still have to fold it again, but ... whee.  *dies*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

The only fabric I have been working with lately is well...
Adjusting the length of my new curtains.

Nightroad

Rei-rei I just get sugar high fast!!! lol

Good for you Charis! Iam glad you were able to find what you needed!!!

I should really get myself moving on my stuff....
I have a few additions to my Able I want to have by Fanime...

Charis

Quote from: Nightroad on December 18, 2008, 02:57:35 PM
Good for you Charis! Iam glad you were able to find what you needed!!!

(I dyed the stuff myself, actually -- cotton sateen, mmm. :3  Just hadn't gotten off my tush to cut all the strips and sew them together and press it.  I will be terrified if I wind up actually need more than what I've got made up right now, but at least I've got over a yard of the fabric left.
... and this is why my progress is glacial.  Hehe.  But I've been getting some conceptualising done, so that hopefully next week I can go full-throttle.  This weekend is for shenanigans.  :D )

I can't wait to see everyone else's progress as time goes on.  Good luck with it all!  <3
(And can't wait to see everyone's stuff -- and everyone -- in person, too.  I am sure that just as the photos do not do the costumes justice, the forums do not do everyone here justice.)

In other news, there is a crisis of Krusnik proportions here at work today:
WE ARE OUT OF SUGAR.
I cannot have my tea.  *cries*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

Yeah for progress!
Booo for no sugar. :(

As for gathering day/time...looking like Saturday would be best for TB.
If it's true the Masq is on Saturday....

I'll be watching for the final set up on Shojo Beat and Vampire Knight, because some of us were expected to be part of that. (But if I get messed up for Masq requirements, then I'll have to drop out of that.)

Anyone else have anything else going for Saturday?
I tried to search back through our thread a bit...but I know some things have been changing out there.

UPDATE: It's looking like Saturday afternoon will make the most sense.
After lunch and before Masq check in time if it does end up on Saturday.

Ester-chan

I completely forgot about this place, thanks to the play. Well, it's over, thank god...although I'm in a new one...ARRRRRG! Curse me and my inability to learn when once is enough!

Anyways: I really, really, REALLY need to work on my costumes...me and my little group for our Ouran cosplay need to go shopping for the jackets...

That, and I'm thinking about dying my hair that reddish color again. Although the red was supposed to be purple, it worked out wonderfully for my Ester cosplay. It will for my Lavi and Hikaru as well! :'D Imma be a red head this year! :'D

Father Nightroad: I know what we can do winter break *wiggles eyebrows*

HAVE A TEA FEST! :'D Yaaaaay!

I would so love to go to Japan Town as well ... I miss it so much D':
Maybe after Christmas, to see if I got my Order crest or not...
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

kimu

Yeah for a tea fest! That sounds like fun!

Last night some of us went to the San Jose winter holiday event with other cosplayers. And we talked about the idea of maybe showing up for the Black and White Ball in our TB costumes.
We thought it would be hilarious to have Gunslinger and Black Widow dancing together--both would want to lead. ;P

But we'd still have our main gathering on Saturday afternoon.

Rei-Rei

Going to the Black and White ball would be nice in our TB costumes. ^^
But did you check out the other thread? It says Masqueraded MIGHT be on Saturday and Black and White Ball may be on Sunday..

Nightroad

Ok word of warning to those of your considering B&W ball TB coaplay... I did that last year and it's really really really HOT!!! And Abel wears loooong sleves... TT_TT This year Iam planning a ....light costume for the ball, what? I don't know... something that I won't have to worry about parts falling off...

Oh Etster-chan~~~ Tea would be yummy great! ^-^

Kimu... You were in San Jose and you didn't tell us!?! T-T *sniffs*
I'll just have to wait till fanime to see you all..!

Charis

Even if we don't all do the ball in Trinity Blood (or even all go, heh -- though if I go it'll be as Kaya, as I've nothing else appropriate), formal dance stuff = WIN.  (Kimu showed me some of the video from last year, and I was half dying of laughter and the other half seriously impressed -- ballroom YAY!)  <3

I'm now back home from visiting Kimu (whee!) and going to that San Jose gathering, and diving full-tilt into Kaya stuff over the next week and a half to try to get things done for ALA.  I'll get progress shots up as they come along.  Wish me luck!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD