2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

blancoisma

Hey all, it's Isma!

I haven't been on in ages so I hope everyone had a lovely winter break and happy new year. I celebrated my 22nd birthday a couple weeks ago, so that was exciting. I have also joined a gym and have already lost 10 pounds, so my goal is to be a skinny ( or at least decent ) Ion for our lovely gathering this year XD

Anyways, hope everyone is doing great and I can't wait to see you all from last year and all new people this year!

"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

Rei-Rei

That reminds me, I was checking out another thread a while ago and people have already settled times for the gatherings...
Shouldn't we also find a time to set up the gathering soon??

kimu

First of all...does anyone have any other gatherings for Saturday afternoon?

One challenge to settling on a time is hoping it's possible to move up the Shojo Beat Gathering by a bit, and we're waiting to hear if that can be done. A few of us might be involved in that.

Nightroad

Congrats and Happy BirthdayBlancoisma!!!

As far as I know I don't have any gatherings on Sat. So that eould work for me!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

If you haven't heard the news, BSaphire announced that:
Please advise your gathering that Fanime will be taking photos of the group and if they do not wish to be in them to step aside. If they stay then they are giving consent to be photographed.

B has more info on her Gatherings list.
As the organizer for this bunch, I'll be happy to perform my duty of registering us correctly, and showing up at the table to check us in.
I promise I won't get lost, be late, trip, or fail in this duty--or you may deny me 13 sugars in my tea!
;P

Regarding picking a time....
I still haven't seen any possibility of moving up the Shojo Beat yet from 1:30.
How many of us are trying to actually attend that?
If I am the only one, I could beg forgiveness from my friend and bypass that gathering so we could start our TB one sooner, if needed.

Next, I am aware some might be planning for the Masq.
(I've made a change in plans and won't show at Fanime this year.)
Based on past years' info it looks like check in time could be around 5?

Also, let's keep our eyes on what other gatherings are staging themselves on Saturday afternoon so we work around that, too. We're not the biggest of groups, but it'd be nice to showcase ourselves without being stuck around something big and crazy.

If I get enough feedback from everyone, we can go ahead and pick a time and I'll get us submitted.

:D

Rei-Rei

Is this the same day as the Rurouken gathering? If it's not then I don't mind... Sometime well after lunch.

kimu

We're looking at Saturday for Trinity Blood.
Saturday has Shojo Beat at 1:30....
Masq stuff in evening.
Anything else for anyone I am missing?

What I know on Sunday for some of us....
D. Grayman is at 10.
Bleach is noon, with other stuff too. Yeah!!!
Shonen Jump is at 3.
Ruroken is currently at 4:30.
Vampire Knight is maybe Sunday 6-7.

Charis

Hagaren is looking at Saturday morning right now, though I don't know if the sister and I will wind up going to that meet or not.  I expect she'll want to ...  But earlier Saturday, so I'll probably be okay.

(How the heck did I wind up agreeing to multiple costume changes in a day?  T_T )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Charis on January 23, 2009, 09:54:35 PM
(How the heck did I wind up agreeing to multiple costume changes in a day?  T_T )
*pat pat* You'll manage somehow. ^^

Nightroad

Pretty much whenever works for me. None of my other cosplays have gathering... Tho' I do hope to make it to the crossplayer gathering, but not as much as I want to go to this one.

Poor Charis! Costume changes suck... I think Iam making a couple too...

puyo_pop

Hi!  I'm interested in attending the Trinity Blood gathering.  I'm currently working on my Seth Nighlord outfit (and hoping I can finish it in time *crosses fingers*)

Rei-Rei

Good good. Welcome to the ranks, puyo. ^^
We hope to see you there! (don't worry, I'm still procrastinating also.)

Nightroad

Ah! Awsome!
A Seth!!! Welcome to the gang little sis!! ^.~

kimu

Hello and welcome puyo_pop!
I'll add you to the list, and we'll all hope you are successful in getting your Seth ready.
If you start now, hopefully you should be okay. I hope you will join us because we have a lot of fun!

As for costume changes, I have 3 on Sunday...*cries*
(I'll keep an eye on the Saturday stuff, if we want to start a little earlier in the afternoon for our TB gathering, I'll skip the Shojo Beat one.)

Rei-Rei

So I was thinking I should ask this before I become broke from shopping...
Where do people get their wigs? Cosworx?

kimu

I have ordered a couple of times from Cosworx and the wigs have been fast to ship and all was fine.
(I did hear a couple people had some problems with shoe orders from them.)

But I also suggest Amphigory.
Their site is really nicely set up with tons of information on all the wigs. They list multiple measurements on the wig, show you multiples angles, tell you how it styles when they played with it, have nice color sample comparisons. Awesome.

My only problem was the kind of wig I needed for Abel and Ukitake--Amphigory didn't carry. Cosworx does have a few special cosplay styles that Amphigory doesn't.

There's also a couple good ebay sellers I was told about, and a place in Japan you can order from, but you're dealing with shipping from either China or Japan in that case, so it affects time for China and cost for Japan.
I or others can dig up that info if you want it and have Paypal account.

Have fun wig shopping!

Charis

Cosworx, Amphigory, a couple of eBay sellers that are fairly good -- it all depends on what you're looking for and the timeframe you've got.  There's also the question of how much you're willing to style it yourself.  Mostly agree with Kimu on her commentary.  (I can dig up eBay seller names if you really want, but Professionals Only and Zhenna are two that come to mind immediately.)

And welcome to the thread, Puyo!  I hope you manage to get things done and join us!  :3
(Gah, so many things to dooooooooo~ *flail*)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Quote from: Charis on January 25, 2009, 08:26:07 AM
I hope you manage to get things done and join us!  :3
(Gah, so many things to dooooooooo~ *flail*)

Its sneaking up quickly... I still have countless upgrades to finish!!!
Aggggg!
Back to work!

Good luck everyone getting your outfits finished/fixed/upgraded!!!!

kimu

I had a great time at Ohayocon. As soon as I get pictures posted, I'll update with some links here for the Trinity Blood stuff...some very fun stories to relate. Although I got quite...tormented in our photo shoot. (Cain kinda killed me...had an Esther crying over me...got pulled apart in a jealousy war between Caterina, Esther, and Asthe....)
;)

Hope everyone's costume progress will go well for Fanime!

There's been some changes going on with other gatherings.
Shojo Beat MIGHT be on Sunday now, like 6 pm, then one of the VK gatherings after that.
If so...then it means the only Saturday conflicts we know of are those who would enter the Masquerade for their check in time, and the morning gathering of Hagaren for Charis if you attend it.
Keep me posted here so maybe we can get a time picked out.
:D

Charis

Quote from: kimu on February 04, 2009, 09:19:27 PMIf so...then it means the only Saturday conflicts we know of are those who would enter the Masquerade for their check in time, and the morning gathering of Hagaren for Charis if you attend it.

Well, Hagaren is aiming for morning (ten, as I recall), so as early as noon could work -- though I'd prefer early afternoon over that.  Just my two cents.
(Of course, this presupposes me finishing things.  But that's all on my end.)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD