I don't know you, but welcome!!!
^.~

And yes you should join us!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

Wren, you slacker!
We've told you before, if you want to be lazy about this, we can pick something for youuuuu.
*insert wickedly fun laugh*
You might be an exception to being welcome at the tea party at this rate, too....giving me hell in how many forums...hmm....? You want tea party and munchies, you better come up with a TB costume....at least a closet/ghetto version of someone.....
:D

As for the thread..yes, it was started in 08 for the 09 gathering.
But BSaphire changed it to the 10 for me.
So...not exactly my fault. However, it also proves that the TB crack never dies.
Even for a 900 year old Krusnik.
Now...where's the sugar cubes...I'm hungry!

K&K4ever

I will not have a TB costume ready for next year unfortunately, but if you need shutterbugs I may be able to show up ;D
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

kimu

oh? Wow...didn't expect to see you visiting our thread here! Hello!
And yes, you're welcome to come hang out and take pics. And if you have time to stop by the tea party....I'm sure we Abels will have enough sugar cubes to share!
So...does that mean by your comment, you might someday make a TB costume??? If so...what would it be?

K&K4ever

Yes, I have desided to make a TB costume for the feuture. ;D

It will be Asta, the dress she whares on the front of the manga cover: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VDTo-vlOL._SS500_.jpg

. . . buttonned up of coarse ^^;

kimu

Yeah for Asthe!!!!
That will be fun when you get her finished.
And yeah...you can certainly be a bit more buttoned up. So you don't....uh...get cold. (Or threats about being peace bonded....)
;)

K&K4ever

ilikeolive

*raises her hand* I'm going as NoƩlle Bor :D
(J.D.)At least you're pretty.
(Elliot)Yeah, well, pretty don't pay the rent!
(Carla)It does for my sister.
(Elliot)Oh, my God, your sister's a prostitute!?
(Carla)She's a model. Come on, Elliot, we talked about thinking before we speak.

kimu

oh! A Sister Noelle! Glad you will join us! And if you have the time, be sure to join in the tea party, too. We'll refine the plans and times over the next couple months.
:)

I'm still posting pics from ALA on my photobucket.
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/kimu_cosplay/ALA%2010/
We had a small but fun TB gathering there.
I'll update this when I finish, and probably resort the pictures out into groups.

Nightroad

Awsome pics as always Kimu!

A Noel? YAY!!! >.<

Hm yeah this year Iam helping out a friend with the masqarade... (Iam filming them perform)
So I'll have to be there during the rehersal to set up and at the actual event early to be ready.
So hopefully the picnic won't interfer with that!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

We'll try to plan around all that.
We know someone entering, too.

I think with a number of us in Bleach, which is Saturday. And then some in the Masq., we'll probably put Trinity Blood on Sunday.
It looks likely that the Masq will be on Saturday, and the Black and White Ball on Sunday.
We can pick the time for our gathering once the bigger gatherings are set, and based on what else people are doing.
We'll pick the time for the tea party after we pick the gathering time.

Glad you like the pics! I think there's a few more from the TB stuff I haven't posted yet. Although Inoli ended up with more on her camera.

Ester-chan

I SO CHECKED THE FORUMS ON THE RIGHT DAY!
Okay, now that I know the TB Gathering, my Fanime life is thus: COMPLETE.

Considering I'm doing other cosplays with people, I've been like; WHAT GATHERINGS CAN I GO TO?! D'8
But, now that I know what day this one is (I ALWAYS center my gatherings around the TB ones), I am totally prepared! Bwahahahahahaha.

You guys have no idea how excited I am for Fanime this year.
I think this is gonna be the best one for me yet.
<3

@Charis: Will you be my 'momma who protects me from creepers' this year?
XD;
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

Charis

Quote from: Ester-chan on January 21, 2010, 08:22:06 PM@Charis: Will you be my 'momma who protects me from creepers' this year?
XD;

I'm always up for scaring creepers off.  .^_^.

Been sewing lace onto Kaya's skirt this evening.  I have to handsew it, and it's taking me freaking ages.  At least it's giving me an opportunity to watch some amusing stuff!  (I will have her this year, come hell, high water, or -- yes -- another fire. I WILL. *fist-shakes at the universe*)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

Quote from: Charis on January 22, 2010, 08:21:31 AM
Quote from: Ester-chan on January 21, 2010, 08:22:06 PM@Charis: Will you be my 'momma who protects me from creepers' this year?
XD;

I'm always up for scaring creepers off.  .^_^.

I could touch on this topic...but suspect a scolding by many an AX agent so I'm just going to slink off to my cage now.

kimu

Why...Father Leon as a creeper??
I think having you scare off the uh...other creepers would be a good idea! Yes!...

So..it's nearly Feb and we're still a long way off. But time to start the next discussions on our gathering.
We're settled for Sunday as the day, but now we might want to start narrowing down time options.
What's going on for the rest of you out there with your other gatherings?

Do we want to start early like 10 or 11? (Because these costumes are usually some effort to put on, I don't think we want any earlier than 10... ;) )
Early afternoon?

I'm thinking we want the tea party no sooner than 2 hours after we start our gathering, maybe 2 and 1/2 hours based on how that went last year.
Enough time to be sure we were done with our photoshoot, then for us to go up to the rooms to get the munchies and tea, then get one of those tables staked out and ready go to.

Charis

I've got another obligation I'm aiming for around eleven Sunday (D.Gray-man), so I'd prefer early afternoon -- no earlier than one, because I know I won't be able to get into Kaya that quickly.  >_>  That would still give a good few hours for shoot and tea party before any evening obligations folks have (HI BLACK AND WHITE BALL I'M LOOKING AT YOU).  I'm a little worried about trying to push the tea party that far out -- we could just play it by ear again; maybe send some people to stake out a table while people go get stuff, and estimate a half-hour from whenever we break for that.  (And I'm totally saying this because I will be a giant ball of floof and feet trying to murder me.  <_< )

My two highly opinionated cents.  XD
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

D001

Huh...and here I thought there wasn't much I missed on this thread...*had to catch up from Nov, wth?*

I think Sunday is a fine idea ^______^ And Sunday afternoon tea is perfect, really. *hearts*  I'd vote for afternoon times as well, as I can't stay in Kate for long and I think butting her up against my change for the B&W ball would be easiest for me, anyway.  I'd also prefer the shorter time between gathering and tea party since I'll have to shed some layers and do a room sprawl/cool down between, but would like to not lose too much time away from the con for that ^_^
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

kimu

Based on last year...and how TB shoots can go....
We need to allow one hour for the shoot.
While I am not expecting anything like that 2 hour shoot from AX 08 at Fanime, there's no point in rushing it. mwhaha We certainly want to get through any reasonable photo request. (Why do I say reasonable? Well, some of us are from the group that have done things like wrapped Petros in toilet paper for some Iblis shots.....)

Then last year, with the elevators--going up to get stuff, going back down, grabbing a table, setting it up...running off to get tea....we were rushing it a bit to be ready in an hour--amusing as that sounds.
So we'll start as reasonably after the shoot as makes sense. Not like we're hard to find once we set up, after all.....*coughs* yes, well....
And if you get overheated in Sister Kate before the shoot is over--we can always send you as an advance party for the tea party set up.  ;)

Ginryuu

Quote from: kimu on January 30, 2010, 10:42:16 AM
Why...Father Leon as a creeper??
I think having you scare off the uh...other creepers would be a good idea! Yes!...

I have no doubt that I would do an excellent job protecting Ester-chan.  What I was trying to avoid was everybody and their mom complaining about how I'm 'getting too close' or something.  That, and comments like 'other creepers' which you have so kindly decided to contribute Bungler.

As for time...anything not too early is good for me.  No other gathering conflicts since they're gonna have ta take a back seat to this one anyways.

komichuu

Ohh.
If the gathering is going to be on Sunday - that's the day I'll go to Fanime.
I'll be going as the manga version of Mirka Fortuna and my friend is wanting to go as Lilith Sahl.
8D
Mirka Fortuna - Trinity Blood (manga) - 30%
Ion Fortuna (Empire Outfit) - Trinity Blood (manga) - planning