2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Nightroad

Sorry I haven't commented for awhile! ^^;;

I'll definately be going and the times look good to me!
But if the black and white ball is on Sunday agian I might have to skip out a tad early if we go late. ^-^
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

Good to see you post again!!

And the Orden must be responsible for this...the Masquerade--Cosplay Spectacular--has been moved to Sunday night!
Apparently both the Black and White Ball and the Masq will be on the same night?  :(

So...for any of us competing this changes a lot of things.
By 5 pm we have to be checked in....and it's not Trinity Blood Shokora and I are competing. So we'd need time to change.

And then it's...does that mean we would miss the Ball?!

Going to let the first flurry of activity finish first, B's holding off for re-approvals on all the large gatherings first.
Once we confirm where the main events are falling into place, we'll go back to evaluating what day and time we want for TB....
Now wondering about Saturday afternoon sometime so we avoid the big events a lot of us enjoy seeing or being in. Then we'd have time for the "tea party" after, too.

I think I need more sugar cubes...a lot more....

Duo Monkey

The Orden Has no such dealings in the movement of things. (That you can prove) I may or may not bring Issac back to torment Abel.
My service dog is the big white fluffy one. Please help us help children by sharing photos of him so we can go to more children's hospitals!

Nightroad

I can't believe they changed the date of the masquerade!!!
And to top it all off I was just at the Fanime website and the Black and White Ball isn't listed anywhere...
Does that mean its been canceled?!
I BLAME CAIN!!!!! >.<

Shoot that messes up my costume plan I'll have to reorganise their order...
And Kimu you're competing this year? How exciting!!!

Anyways whichever day works for the majority, I can do.

Charis

As far as I've heard, Black and White Ball is still happening -- and is pretty solidly for Sunday.  It sounds like there's been this conflict of time before, and sadly, there's inevitably going to be some kind of conflict. :\  Also sounds like Masq's been Saturday quite a few times, and they just shifted the past couple of years to accommodate other things.  I liked it the other way, so there was no choosing between the Ball and MusicFest, but ...

It honestly doesn't matter to me which day things happen on.  My only official gathering on Saturday or Sunday at this point is Hetalia, which is Saturday AM.  As long as I've time enough to change (and ideally eat XD ) before I have to get into Kaya, it's all the same to me.

MusicFest is, AFAIK, the main known event on Saturday, in case that impacts anyone here.  I think they've had AMVs on Saturday before, and for some folks there might be Masquerade judging times to consider as well.  Just throwing out what I can think of for folks who may be affected to keep in mind.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Shokora

Quote from: Charis on March 01, 2011, 01:37:28 PM
As far as I've heard, Black and White Ball is still happening -- and is pretty solidly for Sunday.  It sounds like there's been this conflict of time before, and sadly, there's inevitably going to be some kind of conflict. :\  Also sounds like Masq's been Saturday quite a few times, and they just shifted the past couple of years to accommodate other things.  I liked it the other way, so there was no choosing between the Ball and MusicFest, but ...

It honestly doesn't matter to me which day things happen on.  My only official gathering on Saturday or Sunday at this point is Hetalia, which is Saturday AM.  As long as I've time enough to change (and ideally eat XD ) before I have to get into Kaya, it's all the same to me.

MusicFest is, AFAIK, the main known event on Saturday, in case that impacts anyone here.  I think they've had AMVs on Saturday before, and for some folks there might be Masquerade judging times to consider as well.  Just throwing out what I can think of for folks who may be affected to keep in mind.

...I thought Hetalia was Sunday AM......so we were thinking of Hetalia and Bleach for Sunday AM....and then Berserk for Sunday PM.  This would move TB to Saturday at some time.....

kimu

To confirm this Krusnik's over-worked and 13-sugar spiked thinking....

Yes, I am currently proposing we put our TB gathering on Saturday afternoon.
Find a time that works for everyone, and hopefully the good spot for our gathering--have to keep an eye on the selections going on as we do have location we like and works well for us.

I'd like to keep the gathering time down from last year so we can get to our tea party fun.
(Two hour gatherings are awesome crack, but if we wrap up our main shots in 45-60 min at longest, we can get to more fun with food and tea, too! And sugar cubes, I have like 3 boxes somehow.... ;p)

I think by avoiding both the Masq and Black and White Ball prep that will be going on Sunday afternoon, we'll be better off on Saturday.
And Sunday morning is a huge cluster of large gatherings so we want to avoid that. (A number of us are in one of those several gatherings on Sunday morning.)

It's okay if not everyone can make it, like Duo's post. I know there's a lot of gatherings to choose from!!

Charis

Shokora: Whoops, my bad -- Hetalia Sunday.  Do as I think, not as I say.  *blames work for that*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Ginryuu

So question then!  I know we were looking at 2 before because we wanted to be able to get gathering and tea done with time to change for the B&W Ball for those who wished to attend.  Since that's no longer a factor...can we push the time to 3?  I'm asking for purely selfish reasons...and either way I'll be there just the extra hour makes things waaaaaaaaaay easier on my end.  (Dandilion is a lazy kitty and doesn't want to schedule his gathering at 10am)

kimu

Because we're not dealing with masq or ball preparations....3 could be okay.
We'll use that as a starting point for now!

The sooner we do pick a time the better chance we have of getting the location and time we want.
Also, I'll need to update the tentative head count.

Shokora

Quote from: kimu on March 01, 2011, 10:35:44 PM
Because we're not dealing with masq or ball preparations....3 could be okay.
We'll use that as a starting point for now!

The sooner we do pick a time the better chance we have of getting the location and time we want.
Also, I'll need to update the tentative head count.

I'm good with 3pm.

Nightroad

3 on Sat works for me too...
Ah Kimu I want your sugar cubes!!! I don't have any in my dorm!

But now I have to decide between the B&W ball and masq... uggg!

kimu

*hands my fellow Abel a box of sugar cubes*
There! Be thou restored in the joy of sugar cubes for thine tea! (and perhaps other nibbles?)  ;)

Understood on your pain about the choice on Sunday night....

BSaphire

Hello there! Kimu: Just wanted to give you a heads up that 3 pm Sat is open so if your ready could you do your Submission Request PM to me :) I can't wait to see this group again! Oh, and the Gatherings list is updated!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Fashwiing

Hey guys! Figured I may as well spoil the surprise- I'm coming to Fanime this year with a few buddies and I'm bringing Vaclav :DDD

Hope you have room for me :3c
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

kimu

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME and Amazing and YES of course we'd have room for you!
I am very much looking forward to seeing your costume!!
:D

manik_semiramis

Hello :) I'm planning to come to fanime dressed as esther and i'd like to join your gathering :)
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

kimu

@manik_semiramis: We'd love to have you join the gathering!

List updated for the moment....

manik_semiramis

I'm looking forward to it!  ^_^  It'll be my first gathering, as well as the Black Butler one on Sunday ^_~ so I'd love guidance on what to do in the pictures.  BTW, are we doing a Trinity Blood tea?  ^_^  I'm already bringing tea and a tea set for the Black Butler afternoon tea, so yes, I've got a couple of sets ready! 
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

FeyMeggan

:: puffing out my cheeks::
Okay, I swoooooore I wasn't going to do costume changes for this con...but...my other gathering on Saturday is at 130...assuming I can ruuuuuuun and change I may show up late(probably tea party?) in White Formal Catherine.  I hope.  Maybe.