shinjiboy

Place: [somewhere inside fanime]
Date: -
Time: -
Repetoire: [points up to title] list is still undecided

Keyboards: Me
Cello: Tina (Timemaiden)
Violin: Kerry

Perhaps if there were I piano I could play on that.  I do know of one that I saw last year, but it was hidden in the corner and close to a video screening room, so no chance of playing there. 

I'll continue to update as the year progresses.

shinjiboy

*bump*

Found a cellist who is interested in the group today.  She also attends School of Music at SJSU.  Will be good for hitting the bass notes in addition to playing really nice melody lines. 

shinjiboy

I'm still looking for active musicians with a desire to perform good music.  I'm now opening it up to Anime songs as well.  If this interests you please PM and let me know what instrument you play.

Thanks

Gatsby

I would help if I had music talent (or still had my ocarina), but as I don't I'm of no help. What you're talking about might be a bit big to have moving around, so unless you find a spot you can stay situated, maybe you could do something in the masquerade?

shinjiboy

Yeah, I'm still trying to work at where my group would perform.  It wouldn't be that big.  At most I'm aiming for an 8 piece band (maybe quartet/quintet).  Also, I think we would only performing for an hour at most so the flow of traffic shouldn't be interrupted (especially if we play on a early day).  Hmm...I am still looking for:

Drums/Percussion
...and perhaps a singer (female).  No bias, just that a lot of final fantasy songs are written for the female voice.

EDIT: A Violinist might have joined the ranks.

M

You could always apply to play at Stage Zero. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

BAD IDEA!!!!!

well its a good idea, i just wanna piss off the big scary super-mod. What pretentious ass takes such a cocky title.......

Maybe my unscrupulous attack will give Mr. MPLe some freeken humility....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

shinjiboy

Quote from: MPLe on October 12, 2008, 10:41:30 PM
You could always apply to play at Stage Zero. ;)

Yeah, they kind of steal the show being in the center of the hallways.  That and their overpowering sound system.  So we'll either have to move downstairs, far left of the con or far right.  No biggie. 

Raedyn

shinjiboy:  Just PMed you with a couple of questions :).
Costumes:

Rinoa Heartilly (Ballroom Attire) (Final Fantasy VIII). 95%

Rinoa Heartilly (Hand-Knit) (Final Fantasy VIII).  90%

Karla (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken).  20%