anyone had a suite?

Started by Mearibesu, August 31, 2008, 12:17:50 PM

Mearibesu

I am curious about the suites in either the hilton or the marriot. What do they have in them? What extra's come with the room? Are they worth the price? What type of suite's do they offer as far as junior suites or bigger? Is it roomie enough for 5 people? Thankyou for your help!!!  ;D

TC X0 Lt 0X

I've never been in a regular hotel room at the Hilton, or know the diffrense between a Junior Suite and Reg Suite, but I'll give a crack at this.

From my experience at another Hilton (I assume rooms have a standard lay out at every Hilton), the Suite my family goes to is a such:

2 Rooms (1 Bed Room, 1 Living Room with a fold out couch)
2 Bathrooms (Only one of them has a shower, and the same one had a bath)
Mini-Fridge
Microwave
2 Flatscreens (1 in each room)
Round, 4 chair table (in Living room)

I'm sure you could easily fit 10 people in one of them, perhaps more.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on September 09, 2008, 03:39:54 PM
I've never been in a regular hotel room at the Hilton, or know the diffrense between a Junior Suite and Reg Suite, but I'll give a crack at this.

From my experience at another Hilton (I assume rooms have a standard lay out at every Hilton), the Suite my family goes to is a such:

Mini-Fridge
Microwave

How much does that run for and how do you reserve one?

Shi_Musouka

From what I've heard, you're allowed to request a roll-away bed for those rooms, so it's possible to fit up to 5 people comfortably in there, if you count the fold-out couch. I visited one of the Hilton suites at Fanime back in 2006 so the description you gave is fairly accurate, actually. I can't comment on the bathrooms and TVs because I didn't go that far into the room.

I'm not sure whether Fanime's CMR has Hilton suites contracted with them or not, but if they were to, I would personally estimate the price to be contained in the $135-$160-ish range or something. The Hilton had those rooms listed around a high $280-ish per night the last time I checked, but this was based off of an observation I made around 2007 so I'd take this information with a grain of salt.

Gatsby

I checked the Hilton website and none of the suites (at this time) are available during Fanime 09. >_< But there are executive rooms for 209 -229 dollars. ANd I believe the Marriott rooms are about 259 dollars a night.

Mearibesu

I got a jr suite at the Marriott! I'm so excited for this years con. Anyone stayed in a Jr Suite at the Marriott? Just curious what to expect. I'm such a planner its kind of annoying sometimes  :)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on September 09, 2008, 03:39:54 PM

Mini-Fridge
Microwave

That type of suite is more of a Timeshare option, which would make sense for families and stuff like that, however having stayed in the hilton suites before I know they aren't quite that big. There is a bed and a couch with a pull out sofabed, but it isn't big enough to really have 2 separate rooms. The most you could fit in a Hilton suite (comfortably) is probably 5 or 6.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Mearibesu on January 09, 2009, 07:04:01 PM
I got a jr suite at the Marriott! I'm so excited for this years con. Anyone stayed in a Jr Suite at the Marriott? Just curious what to expect. I'm such a planner its kind of annoying sometimes  :)
I don't know about the Junior Suite, but last year we ended up in some sort of suite/suite-like room (Executive room?) because of some rooming issues on their part, and it was pretty nice.

It was pretty similar to the room that was described already, with two rooms (bedroom/living area), one and a half bathrooms (toilet + sink and toilet + sink + shower + bathtub), two TVs, a fold-out couch, a couple of other chairs, maybe a small table, and a patio area. It did not have a fridge, and I do not think it had a microwave.

If that is what you got, it is pretty nice and will fit up to 5 people on beds (two on the bed, two on the foldout couch, one on a rollaway). You would still have to take turns in the shower, but having two toilets/two sets of counterspace + mirror for getting ready is useful for that many people. We had 4 people in there last year with no problem, and a fifth person wouldn't be a problem at all.

Sorry that I can't remember more details.