A Brilliant Wierd But Tasty Food Combination Discovery!

Started by JohnnyAR, August 31, 2008, 05:59:59 PM

JohnnyAR

I was in the kitchen, getting a glass out and I saw on my left, a jar of Oreo's. I take an Oreo and dip it in my instant ramen, I bite it and get the most wonderful taste!

Oreo's and ramen! it may seem unnatural but once you try it, you'll get a little taste of heaven.

questionette

0_0 going into that, were you thinking salty or sweet?
Because you know when you look at something and think it's sweet (like the other day, I saw some whipped egg whites and thought, Whipped Cream!) and then you bite it and it's WAAAY more disgusting?

Or maybe like kettle corn...

If only I had some ramen.

JohnnyAR

Yes I was thinking sweet. But I tested it on my little brother and he bit thinking it would taste gross, but it he liked it.

Sunara Ishi

Sounds like something I might want to try. X3
I'll have to get Oreos sometime. >.>;

Seaweed (Nori strips) wrapped around marshmallows are also surprising good. X3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chun

Both of you:

Never open a restaurant

OR

Get a new tongue.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Chun on August 31, 2008, 11:33:10 PM
Both of you:

Never open a restaurant

OR

Get a new tongue.

~Chun
Hey! D:

There's probably enough people that would eat such food. XP

Not that I'd ever open a restaurant. XD;
But you shouldn't diss before you try. There's a lot of good food out there that aren't exactly appealing but taste great.

A lot of food exist because at some point in time someone experimented with something everyone else thought was strange.
Examples: cheese crackers w/ peanut butter, cheese covered tomatoes, salad dressing on non salad food, ketchup covered bread, etc etc. In fact, just eating tomatoes was considered insane at one point. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Chun

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on September 01, 2008, 12:35:24 AM
A lot of food exist because at some point in time someone experimented with something everyone else thought was strange.

The key to "pleasing flavor" is certainly personal, but most of the "discoveries" are complimentary which creates validity. It also varies in the terms of the length at which one application is done to another; food is not intrinsically equilibrating flavors with respect to its mass. In cooking, with too much application of a particular substance it's common sense to realize what would actually work as a main-dish-in-one rather than a "slight one-time dip" fooled as complimentary.

A Oreo barely licked in ramen. You already are eating the ramen, and are enjoying such. Eating an oreo creates a sweeter sharp sugar flavor (much like watermelon with salt). A small salt content with a generic oreo bite applies to compliment your general taste of the moment; enjoying salt, random sugar (Previously enjoyed itself). I am willing to bet you would not eat a bowl of ramen with Oreos piled on top of it, and as it soaks up the broth, and the "shock" of the first cookie.

Oreos are processed machine foods that have a point to their composition; particularly the soft cream of the paste sugar and the appeal of a chocolate cookie crumble. It's also a question of texture vs. time. This is as much a discovery as eating spaghetti and dropping an M&M; you liked M&Ms before, and you were eating spaghetti. Contrary to this thread's discovery, this should not mean M&M is a valid topping.

It's all about pre-flavoring memory vs. application method. Either way in america, people will eat anything short of garbage these days due to the amazing over processing mentality.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Kazuko

FFFFFFF if you want weird go to other parts of the world, escargo? not bad

Go to my country peru and eat some guinea pig with a side of cow heart skweres and a swig of purple corn juice

NOW thats delicious (minus the guinea pig ;___; i would feel so guilty cause we have a pet guinea pig)

Edit: Omg who remembers gobblesticks? Hahaha those were so gross, not all food combos can be great

XpHoBiaX

Menudo <3 With the tripe and pigs feet....yummeh
Poached octopus <3
Almost all types of seafood.
Tongue
Turkey necks
frog legs

Candied scorpions....O_o I should take a pic of those next time I am in the candy store in town. I am too afraid to try it for fear it'd come alive and sting me XD

QuoteThere's probably enough people that would eat such food. XP

Prolly if I was pregnate. O_o

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

XpHoBiaX

QuoteOreo's and ramen! it may seem unnatural but once you try it, you'll get a little taste of heaven.

I thought about it really hard, and I have officially decided that I would much rather lick my ass.

2010 cosplay...?

questionette

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on September 03, 2008, 06:15:56 PM
QuoteOreo's and ramen! it may seem unnatural but once you try it, you'll get a little taste of heaven.

I thought about it really hard, and I have officially decided that I would much rather lick my ass.

ROFL

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: questionette on September 04, 2008, 08:04:02 PM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on September 03, 2008, 06:15:56 PM

ROFL
I would too, if I had to choose.

2010 cosplay...?

JohnnyAR

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

JohnnyAR

Barnes

Stay away from me!
*Farts* Ah, yeah.

I just got some Oreos today, so I'll try the combo later on.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 06, 2008, 08:15:37 AM
asses smell bad too, don't forget that.

Not if they are cleaned.

BAD BARNES BAD! *flicks nose*

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer